Introduction to Spring Batch Interview Questions
In this article we are going to see about the interview questions on the spring batch, it is one of the main parts of the spring framework which can be asked by the interview. In this whole article, we will see the different types of questions that could be asked, and how to answer those questions. We will have answers attached with each question for better understanding and helps you to get prepare for your next interview.
Part 1 – Spring Batch Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic interview questions and answers:
Q1. What is spring batch?
This is the basic question which could be asked, so spring batch is a framework which helps us to process the number of task together as the batch. F in your application has the bulk of data and you want to process this data with good speed and precision then we can go for the spring batch. With the help of this, we can execute our day-to-day activity in the form of batch.
Q2. Where we can use batch processing in general?
Batch processing is mainly used for large-scale application which contains so many data to be processed each day. Mainly it is used with the enterprise application where we have to deal with a large set of data to be processed every day, so it could be the best choice there.
Q3. What is the architecture of spring batch?
Let’s see the internal working of it, inside its architecture we have so many different components which help us to execute our job using batch.
- We have a job schedular who is responsible for insatiate the job launcher.
- The job launcher as the name suggests will execute the job we want to perform.
- Then the job is responsible to perform the step.
- So in order to get the input data we have IteamReadder which will be used by the step to get the input data.
- Once we got the input now we have to process this input, this is done with the help of ItemProcesser, which will respond to process the input data in step.
- Now we have ItemWriter which is responsible to output the processed input data.
So above mentioned is the basic flow of the spring batch, which takes a job as the input and returns the response in return.
Q4. What is job?
Job is work or a task that needs to be done by the spring batch framework. Spring batch framework divides the job into steps, so we can say that job is made up of many steps together. Also, a job is performed inside the batch or by the use of batch from star to stop without any interruption.
Q5. How do spring batch works explain each of the components working in detail?
Inside the spring batch, we have so many different parts which help us to execute the job and get our task done.
Given below are the different parts of the spring batch:
- Step: Job divide into steps and this step is responsible to perform the specific job. It is also responsible to manage the dependencies between the jobs, if we have a job that is executed with some parameters then this can be extracted with the help of step as output.
- ItemReader: It is an interface that provides us the data. Its implementations would be stateful and we can use them to call multiple times, whenever we call read(). This will always return us the different values, and in the end, it will return us null when all of the input parameters are exhausted.
- ItemProcessor: This is also an interface that is used for item transformation, to this we provide the item as the input and in return it will give us the extension point. Keep in mind if it returns null then it means the item will not be processed.
- ItemStreamWriter: This is also an interface that is used for output operations. If any class implementing this interface then it will be responsible to serialize the objects. The class which is implementing this interface has the privilege to decide, which technology they want to use and about the configuration also.
Part 2 – Spring Batch Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced interview questions:
Q6. Dependency required in spring boot application?
To configure the spring batch inside the spring boot application we have to add one dependency in order to make use of this framework, for reference find the dependency below.
Q7. What is the difference between tasklet, step, and chunk?
In the spring batch framework, we read the input and process this input based on our business logic. After this, we aggregate the data output and write it somewhere like file or database, for the destination. So this is the most general way to perform steps in the spring batch framework. On the other hand, we have Tasklet which is an interface, which is responsible to perform only a single task. This single task can be anything like, delete of resource, clean up the task or setting up any configuration which is required by the step before or after the execution of the step.
Q8. What is lister in spring batch?
With the help of listeners, we can intercept the execution of the job or step. In short, it allows the user to perform some specific functionality. It works in the same way like they work in general.
As we have seen many different questions based on the spring batch how it internally works, and what are the basic advantage to use this. Also, we have seen in which scenarios they will be a perfect fit. This article will help you to get the idea of the spring batch framework as well after you can start building our application.
This is a guide to Spring Batch Interview Questions. Here we discuss the introduction and basic & advanced spring batch interview questions. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –
- Pandas Interview Questions
- Xamarin Interview Questions
- Mobile Testing Interview Questions
- Manual Testing Interview Questions