Updated March 29, 2023
Difference Between RemotePC vs TeamViewer
The following article provides an outline for RemotePC vs TeamViewer. RemotePC is a software application that is used to take the remote control and remote access for maintenance of servers. It provides optimized solutions and secure access to manage computers. It uses AES-256 encryption for transmitting data of user authentication between the local computer and remote computer. TeamViewer is a secure remote access management tool aimed to support IT support providers to proactively monitor the client endpoints, networks, and remote systems. It can monitor and access devices like macOS, Linux, and Windows for early detection of issues.
Head to Head Comparison Between RemotePC vs TeamViewer (Infographics)
Below are the top 7 differences between RemotePC vs TeamViewer:
Key Difference Between RemotePC vs TeamViewer
Let us discuss some of the major key differences between RemotePC vs TeamViewer:
The important differences like collaboration, support, performance, features, user management of RemotePC and TeamViewer is given below:
- Platform-independent: Both RemotePC and TeamViewer operate in Windows, macOS, iPad, Android, Linux, and iOS. RemotePc enables the user to access hosts of macOS and windows, but if the user needs to access the internet of things, mobile phones, or point of sale components, it is possible only through TeamViewer. Both tools have basic functionalities like drag and drop file sharing, navigation of file systems, remote printing, and supports multiple monitoring devices.
- Teamwork: The collaborating tools are mandatory to execute the business properly. Both RemotePc and TeamViewer support video chat, voice chat, and instant chat, a genuine advantage. But TeamViewer is more advanced and provides fascinating features like shared calendars, scheduling, conducting meetings, and screen sharing with 15 people. So it is good to have this combined product.
- User Management: The user management and implementation of such remote access tools can be complicated and consumes time. But here, RemotePC and TeamViewer support tools to assist user management, including user permission and user group settings. It can be deployed remotely en-mass by script running tools or group policy management. Apart from this, TeamViewer also supports software integration and hardware integration for IT solutions and businesses.
- Accessibility: Both RemotePC and TeamViewer are designed straightforward to use and have a quite similar interface. The main dashboard comprises devices linked with a user account; additional features like meetings, user management, chat functions, recording, whiteboard, and other recording and session functions are visibly found and easy to use. But the iOS of RemotePc was a little clumsy due to oversensitivity of highlighting the text, and scrolling too far doesn’t make any sense and becomes difficult to access. Apart from this, both are compact and require mobile or desktop versions to execute remote printing or file transfers.
- Latency: Both RemotePC and TeamViewer are well-defined in terms of system resources and latency. Rarely the user experience, no lag too little when mouse tracking and clicks. The animations carried from client to host are done instantaneously.
- Support: The available support of TeamViewer is from 8 AM to 6 PM, and the support of RemotePC is available from 6 AM to 11.30 PM. It also has 24*7 instant chat services where the user can reach for any queries, and both of them has a clear knowledge base and frequently asked questions to get started. To get a prompt response, the user can opt for email services.
RemotePC vs TeamViewer Comparison Table
Let’s discuss the top comparison between RemotePC vs TeamViewer:
|Definition||RemotePC is a software application used to take remote access for the maintenance of servers.||TeamViewer is a software application used to take access to computers and client endpoints. It can also be classified as video conferencing, screen sharing, ServiceNow store applications, and remote support.|
|RemotePC access is encrypted with 1.2/256-bit advanced encryption standard and uses lite viewer to link remote computers within a browser and requires no installation of additional software.||TeamViewer is secured with RSA 2048 Private or Public key exchange and also with advanced encryption standard of 256-bit encryption.|
|Application||RemotePC is used in Information technology services, non-profit organization management, private equity, venture capital, internet services, health care, and hospitals. It is suitable for enterprises, consumers, and SMB’s.||TeamViewer is mostly used in computer software, telecommunication, internet, information technology and services, web monitoring and conferencing, digitization of process, augmented reality support, industry and IoT advertising, and marketing.|
|Features||RemotePC has remote desktop control, remote monitoring, remote access, dashboards, screen sharing, session recording, real-time chat, file sharing, and session transfer.||TeamViewer has remote server monitoring, access, and control to remote desktops, file sharing, real-time chat, session recording, and survey and feedbacks.|
|License||RemotePC has infinite synchronized access.||TeamViewer is accessible for Corporate License only.|
|RemotePC is deployed in Cloud, web-based software as a service. On desktop, it is implemented in Chromebook, Linux, Windows, Mac and also deployed in on-premise Linux and windows. The mobile application which supports RemotePc is iPhone, Android, and iPad.||TeamViewer is deployed in Cloud, web-based software as a service. On desktop, it is implemented in Chromebook, Linux, Windows, Mac and also deployed in on-premise Linux and windows. The mobile application which supports RemotePc is iPhone, Android, and iPad.|
|For free, the user can get infinite remote access, platform-independent option and constantly on remote access feature. In the SOHO plan, it cost Rs.3752.62 per year, where the user avails all the free features, whiteboard, remote printing, web access, and file transfer. In the TEAM plan, the user avails all the features of the SOHO plan, organizes groups, and creates unlimited users. In the ENTERPRISE plan, the user can avail all options in team along with remote reboot, deployment, fix access and roles for users and computer grouping.||In the BUSINESS plan, the user can avail single user license, device management, wake-on LAN, PC2PC, and customizing customer modules for Rs. 31400/. In PREMIUM-Rs.65800, the user can avail all business plan along with multi-user license, device, and user management of a single channel. For CORPORATE plans, he can avail everything like Premium along with three user channels and mass deployment.|
If the entrepreneur requires single-user access, then RemotePC, which is $69.50/- per year, is affordable. In this plan, the user can access ten devices on native mobile applications and desktops. But TeamViewer has a plan for $118.80/- per year and can access only three devices on the online platform. So though the TeamViewer has advanced features, the price is expensive when compared to RemotePC, which has all the essential features.
This is a guide to RemotePC vs TeamViewer. Here we discuss key differences with infographics and comparison table, respectively. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –