Difference Between React JS and Vue JS
What is React JS?
Features of React JS
- Components: React JS is used as a component structure that is used to work on a large project with a different modular structure.
- Unidirectional data flow: It implements one-way data flow using the Flux pattern to keep the data unidirectional.
- License: It is licensed under Facebook Inc.
What is Vue JS?
Features of Vue JS
- Templates: Vue JS provides HTML based templates that will use to create views, i.e. user interfaces. It maintains HTML, CSS, and JS separately.
- Directives: Vue JS uses different in-build directives to perform a different kind of actions.
- Watchers: Watchers are used to taking care of any data related changes.
- Routing: Vue-router is used to navigate between different pages.
- Vue-CLI: This is used to run Vue JS in the command-line interface.
- Data binding: v-bind is used to assign a value to HTML attributes, manipulate CSS and Style, etc.
- Virtual DOM: This is a programming concept that stores a virtual replica of a user interface in memory and synced with actual DOM using related libraries.
- Animation: Vue JS has it’s built-in plugins that help to animate different HTML elements.
- Event Handling: v-on attribute is used to listen to different events added to the DOM element.
Head To Head Comparison Between React JS and Vue JS
Below is the top 3 difference between React JS and Vue JS
Key Differences between React JS and Vue JS
Let us discuss some of the major differences between React JS vs Vue JS
- React JS is used for developing user interfaces of Web Applications and Mobile Applications. Not only this, but it is also used for developing Native Applications and also render on Server as a Node. Vue JS is used for developing user interfaces of Web Applications. It basically focused on the view layer. It is also easy to integrate with other Projects and third-party applications.
- In React JS, if any component’s state change occurs, it re-render the entire component hierarchy considering that component as a root component. We need to use PurComponent or implement shouldComponentUpdate to avoid this re-rendering situation whenever needed. In Vue, JS shouldComponentUpdate has been implemented automatically to avoid these re-rendering conditions. Here system knows which component needs to re-render when any state changes occur.
- React JS uses create react app for installation. React JS also needs a web pack for the build.Vue JS uses Vue-cli /CDN/NPM for installation. We can do the development of Vue JS everywhere.
- State Management Library for React is called MobX, which is very popular in React Community. Whereas State Management Library for Vue is known as VueX.
- Vue.JS has few disadvantages like Runtime errors in templates which causes hard to debug and handle the errors and thus reduces the high availability of the application, whereas React.js has the feature of boosting productivity and long-term maintenance support with high quality and productivity.
- Vue.JS library has a poor infrastructure library that is still under the developing stage. It needs further improvement to provide a better component system in coding, whereas React.js has greater infrastructure library support and better module bundler packages available that produce better quality applications.
- Vue.JS can be used directly if it knew well before that simplicity is the main concern, then Vue can be simply and directly used, whereas React.js can simply be selected for large and complex applications.
React JS and Vue JS Comparison Table
Below is the list of points that describe the comparison between React JS and Vue JS.
|Basis Of Comparison||
|DOM Model||React JS uses Virtual DOM to make a virtual replica of UI and stored it in memory, and do the synchronization with Real DOM.||Vue JS also uses Virtual DOM for faster execution.|
This has been a guide to the top differences between React JS vs Vue JS. Here we also discuss the head to head comparison, key differences, along with infographics and a comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles –