Difference Between Raspberry Pi vs orange Pi
Gone are those days when Computer accessibility was a big deal even for the professionals and scientists. The first computer ENIAC (1946) was as big as a room with a memory less than what today’s Microwave has. Things have changed now “Need is the mother of every invention”.
There is always a Need which drives the change, which later on comes up with a solution. This solution again depends upon the users (irrespective of any age) how they use it. These single board computers (discussed below in detail) both Raspberry Pi vs orange Pi have some disadvantages (misuse) in terms of usage. Originally these were created to promote the basics of programming and understandings of software development among the kids. This devices has been picked by the development and hacking industry and has become a central device in a project since its development in the year 2013(Raspberry) and 2016 (Orange).
Both the Raspberry Pi vs orange Pi is open source single board computers. Single board computers mean every computer components build on a single chip or circuit board. Either it is the microprocessor, memory, I/O, and several other functionalities. These are low costs devices (in comparison to PC’s and Laptops) and unlike PC’s these do not rely on expansion slots for behaving functionally.
These are based on ARM architecture (aka Advanced RISC Machine). This design pattern is one of the most crucial Computer Architecture as it consumes low energy, high performance for multiple tasks, low cost and relatively low size. The mobile phones, tablets, microprocessors, embedded systems mostly rely on this technology.
Head To Head Comparison Between Raspberry Pi vs orange Pi
Below is the top 10 difference between Raspberry Pi vs orange Pi
Key Difference Between Raspberry Pi vs orange Pi
Below is the list of points describe the difference between Raspberry Pi vs orange Pi
- With the release of Raspberry Pi models into the market other single board manufacturers entered with growing popularity. The two have following models or versions available
The Raspberry has following boards or models:
- Raspberry Pi 1 model B
- Raspberry Pi 1 model A
- Raspberry Pi 1 model B+
- Raspberry Pi 1model A+
- Raspberry Pi Zero
- Raspberry Pi 2
- Raspberry Pi 3 model B
- Raspberry Pi Zero W
Whereas the Orange has following boards or models:
- Orange Pi Zero
- Orange Pi One
- Orange Pi Lite
- Orange Pi Mini 2
- Orange Pi Prime
- Plus 2/2E
- Orange Pi PC2
- With an Orange Pi vs Raspberry Pi a user can build a computer, a wireless server, Games, Music and sounds, HD video, act as a speaker, Android, Scratch.
- Some of the applications based on these models are Media steamer, Arcade machines, cosmic computers, Controlling robots, Interne, radio, Tablet computers.
- Talking of the setup and running process Raspberry Pi beats Orange Pi in terms of complexity. Raspberry is easier to set and function.
- Since Raspberry was the first and new in its category, it has numerous applications available for its design and circuit information, this makes its users with the necessary info. And quick operating guides. The Orange Pi still has some online applications but these are not sufficient for its growing user’s needs.
- Raspberry has almost crossed 19million (source-wiki) product shipping all across the globe whereas Orange Pi does not have such data available.
- Orange Pi has wide boards category (customized) which gives a better chance for the users to match its project requirement but this is not in case of Raspberry Pi.
- In spite of having several PC lie features and functionality but when it comes to replacement, both Orange Pi vs Raspberry Pi never claim of having an intention.
Raspberry Pi vs orange Pi comparison Table
The Comparison is for Raspberry Pi vs orange Pi model. Just like the iPhone or any other electronic goods, the manufacturers try to enhance the productivity compared to the last released model. Not covering the grand name (Raspberry and Orange), convenient for the readers.
|The Basis Of Comparison Between Raspberry Pi vs orange Pi||Raspberry Pi 3||Orange Pi Prime|
|CPU||1.2GHz 64-bit Quad Core||H5 Quad Core Cortex-A53|
|GPU||Broadcom VideoCore IV||Mali-450|
|RAM||1GB DDR2||2GB DDR3 (Shared)|
|Ethernet/ Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth||Yes||Yes|
|GPIO||40||(1×3) UART, Ground|
|USB||4 USB 2.0, 1 Micro OTG||3 USB 2.0, 1 USB 2.0 OTG|
|OS Supported||Raspbian, Windows IoT Core, OSMX, Linux, Ubuntu, Debian, SARPi, and much more||Android, Ubuntu, Raspbian, Debian|
Conclusion – Raspberry Pi vs orange Pi
These small card size computing devices can efficiently manage your hardware project requirement. If you have an LCD monitor, need Wi-Fi routers, music systems, Ariel photo-shoot (Drones). These small micro-sized computers have the potential to facilitate its users.
It is important for the users (business owners, project head) to understand the requirement as both Orange Pi vs Raspberry Pi are more or less suitable for wide project categories. A clear picture of the requirement will end in a better product that suits the project. Generally, a small business that has tight budget allocation has infrastructure issues; these microcomputers are best suitable. Server, Wi-Fi, automating a task is crucial and daily activities which cannot be avoided.
These new technologies have saved millions for the small businesses as cooling machines and systems (systems that are needed to cool the servers and PC’s) cost many more times in comparison to these microcomputers.
This has a been a guide to the top differences between Raspberry Pi vs orange Pi. Here we also discuss the Raspberry Pi vs orange Pi key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles –