Difference Between Raspberry Pi vs Orange Pi
Both are open-source single-board computers. Single-board computers mean every computer component builds on a single chip or circuit board. Either it is the microprocessor, memory, I/O, and several other functionalities. These are low costs devices (in comparison to PCs and Laptops) and unlike PC’s these do not rely on expansion slots for behaving functionally. These are based on ARM architecture (aka Advanced RISC Machine). This design pattern is one of the most crucial Computer Architecture as it consumes low energy, high performance for multiple tasks, low cost and relatively low size. Mobile phones, tablets, microprocessors, embedded systems mostly rely on this technology.
Head To Head Comparison Between Raspberry Pi and Orange Pi
Below is the top 10 difference between Raspberry Pi vs Orange Pi
Key Difference Between Raspberry Pi and Orange Pi
Below is the list of points describing the difference
- With the release of Raspberry Pi models into the market other single board manufacturers entered with growing popularity. The two have the following models or versions available
The Raspberry has the following boards or models:
- Raspberry Pi 1 Model B
- Raspberry Pi 1 Model A
- Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+
- Raspberry Pi 1model A+
- Raspberry Pi Zero
- Raspberry Pi 2
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- Raspberry Pi Zero W
Whereas the Orange has the following boards or models:
- Orange Pi Zero
- Orange Pi One
- Orange Pi Lite
- Orange Pi Mini 2
- Orange Pi Prime
- Plus 2/2E
- Orange Pi PC2
- With an Orange Pi vs Raspberry Pi a user can build a computer, a wireless server, Games, Music and sounds, HD video, act as a speaker, Android, Scratch.
- Some of the applications based on these models are Media steamer, Arcade machines, cosmic computers, Controlling robots, Internet, radio, Tablet computers.
- Talking of the setup and running process Raspberry Pi beats Orange Pi in terms of complexity. Raspberry is easier to set and function.
- Since Raspberry was the first and new in its category, it has numerous applications available for its design and circuit information, this makes its users with the necessary info. And quick operating guides. The Orange Pi still has some online applications but these are not sufficient for its growing user’s needs.
- Raspberry has almost crossed 19million (source-wiki) product shipping all across the globe whereas Orange Pi does not have such data available.
- Orange Pi has a wide board category (customized) which gives a better chance for the users to match its project requirement but this is not in the case of Raspberry Pi.
- In spite of having several PC lie features and functionality but when it comes to replacement, both Orange Pi vs Raspberry Pi never claim of having an intention.
Raspberry Pi vs Orange Pi comparison Table
Just like the iPhone or any other electronic goods, the manufacturers try to enhance productivity compared to the last released model. Not covering the grand name (Raspberry and Orange), convenient for the readers.
|The Basis Of Comparison||Raspberry Pi 3||Orange Pi Prime|
|CPU||1.2GHz 64-bit Quad-Core||H5 Quad Core Cortex-A53|
|GPU||Broadcom VideoCore IV||Mali-450|
|RAM||1GB DDR2||2GB DDR3 (Shared)|
|Ethernet/ Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth||Yes||Yes|
|GPIO||40||(1×3) UART, Ground|
|USB||4 USB 2.0, 1 Micro OTG||3 USB 2.0, 1 USB 2.0 OTG|
|OS Supported||Raspbian, Windows IoT Core, OSMX, Linux, Ubuntu, Debian, SARPi, and much more||Android, Ubuntu, Raspbian, Debian|
These small card size computing devices can efficiently manage your hardware project requirements. If you have an LCD monitor, need Wi-Fi routers, music systems, Ariel photo-shoot (Drones). These small micro-sized computers have the potential to facilitate its users.
It is important for the users (business owners, project head) to understand the requirement as both Orange Pi vs Raspberry Pi are more or less suitable for wide project categories. A clear picture of the requirement will end in a better product that suits the project. Generally, a small business that has tight budget allocation has infrastructure issues; these microcomputers are best suitable. Server, Wi-Fi, automating a task is crucial and daily activities which cannot be avoided.
These new technologies have saved millions for small businesses as cooling machines and systems (systems that are needed to cool the servers and PC’s) cost many more times in comparison to these microcomputers.
This has been a guide to the top differences between Raspberry Pi vs Orange Pi. Here we also discuss the Raspberry Pi vs Orange Pi key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles –