Updated June 12, 2023
Introduction to Pro Tools Plugins
Pro tools plugins can understand as additional software programs that are used with pro tools to enhance their working ability and make them capable of doing a different type of task that was not included in it at the time of its design. It offers two types of plugins, meaning you can download its plugin free of cost, which is free to use, and the other one, which can be downloaded by making payment against them. Both plugins have different features and can do a particular task in this software.
Different Pro Tools Plugins
Here we will some of the important free plugins of the pro tool, which you can easily use to increase the efficiency of your project work.
- Alex Hilton, its vendor, offers this plugin, and you can download it from www.alexhiltor for free with all advanced features.
- It is used to expand or limit the STEREO WIDTH of the track by using only one single, making it easier to manage the limit of stereo width instead of doing this traditionally.
- You can use this powerful technique on a single track or groups of tracks during mixing or on the final mastering solution of the master bus according to the requirement of your project or the complexity of your project.
- It has integrated Safe Bass algorithm centers for all bass frequencies, and this bass algorithm is below to adjustable value into the middle of the stereo field.
- If you want to preserve maximum transparency and sharpness, it provides solidity and the definition required for the smooth working of this purpose.
2. Ample Percussion Cloudrum V1.01
- It is an instrument type of plugin, and its Vender is Amplesound. They released it in AAX format, which you can download from www.amplesound.net. You can also have other details and updates related to it from here.
- It is a relaxing steel tongue drum with a 3-octave range that produces effective tones, adds color, and adds unique moderation to music without considering the genre.
- The size is 760 MB with 44.1 kHz, so you can easily use it with this software.
- It offers two positions for a mic with stereo and mono modes to make a different variation.
- CPC is also one of its features, where CPC stands for customized parameters control. It uses MIDI CC or Automation for controlling any controller of your project work.
- Double-different sampling can do at L and R channels without facing any trouble.
- It separates the cycle for each note and the velocity layer for improved humanization.
3. Guitar Rig 6 Player
- It is an AAX format and tool type of plugin launched by Native Instruments as an expandable effects engine. You can visit www.native.instruments.com/en/products/komprig-6-player/ for this plugin and also for other related updates.
- It has an AMP simulation with matched cabinet, 50 types of ready-to-use presets, and 13 effects.
- The KOMPLETE START package includes a free bundle of 2000 sounds and 6 GB of content.
- It is based on an extremely powerful Guitar Rig 6 Pro, which provides a straightforward and easy-to-handle user interface with many professional components and makes this software more user-friendly.
- MIDI and automation tools are also integrated with it, which streamlines workflow. It has a range of helper tools, such as a metronome and two tape decks, which help easily record and play along during our work.
4. 4U Collection
- It is a plugin of HORA studios and is in AAX & RTAS format. You can consider it an effects plugin, and to download it, visit www.hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/4u/. You also have different types of updated information from this website.
- It perfectly balances low and high frequencies using only one knob and no additional input or tools.
- It has a variable tilt width feature which helps properly manage width.
- Process bass and treble separately for doing related work to this feature smoothly without losing the original quality of work.
- It provides additional filters with many adjustable parameters for a low and high cut.
- The stereo, mid, side, left, and right processing routine can perform individually with this plugging without disturbing other related contents.
- Over-sampling can do up to 32x in it with effective output.
5. Bitter Bitscope
- It is in the plugin’s AAX format, and its vendor is Stillwell, which launched it as an effect plugin to increase the particular type of effects in Pro tools and provide adjustable parameters for making changes according to the work requirement.
- It shows how many bits are being used by an audio signal, involves clipping of samples, reports each and every performed step, and estimates the cause in an inter-sample clip during the digital-to-analog conversion process.
- You can visit the official website of Stillwell to download it, it is www.stillwellaudio.com. You can have it free of cost with all the additional features of it. Here you will also get updates timely.
- It also shows the audio sample rate and reveals the bit rate of a digital single. Move the mouse cursor over the Bitter display screen to see the audio stream sample rate.
These were some of the essential and free plugins of Pro tools that you can use to enhance this software’s features. You can go with paid plugins also according to the requirement of the result of your work.
Now you know well about Pro tools’ plugins and how plugins increase their working capacity. You can go with the above-discussed plugin to use them with Pro tools for a different type of task related to them. You can also search for more free plugins because several are available in the market with many good features.
This is a guide to Pro Tools Plugins. Here we discuss the introduction and different pro tools plugins for better understanding. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –