Difference Between Photoshop vs Photoshop CC
The most basic photo editing software is what we define as Adobe Photoshop. It is available with a single license and one-time payment for the users. Adobe Photoshop earlier versions were based on number scheme. It was after thirteen number versions (with considerable changes) that Adobe introduced CS (Creative Suite) branding in October 2003. Adobe Photoshop has been the most senior software since it came earliest and has been modified and updated with a lot of features over the period.
Adobe Photoshop CC (Creative Cloud) is the updated and advanced software version of Photoshop. After the number version and Adobe CS, Adobe introduced CC versions which are available with a monthly and yearly subscription with frequent updates available without paying any extra cost. Likewise, Photoshop CC has many updated features and many new features which are not at all available in Photoshop. Photoshop CC is a progressive software for Image editors which allows the user to even access Lightroom Photos and share their projects with social media.
Head to Head Comparison between Photoshop Vs Photoshop CC (Infographics)
Below are the top 5 differences between Photoshop Vs Photoshop CC
Key Comparisons Between Photoshop vs Photoshop CC
Both Photoshop vs Photoshop CC are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major comparisons Between Photoshop vs Photoshop CC :
- Photoshop CC works on a subscription basis with a monthly fee, which also includes a cancellation fee if not paid on time. The software will automatically stop working in this condition. Whereas Photoshop was available with one-time payment.
- Photoshop had a plain workspace, while Photoshop CC has an amazing workspace making work quite faster and enjoyable.
- Photoshop doesn’t support various layer adjustments like applying multiple shadow styles and Copy-paste layers, whereas Photoshop CC does support all of them.
- Since Photoshop is an elementary software, all the designers are well known with its features whereas photoshop CC is an extension to its predecessor so learning it is not a troublesome task.
- Photos in Photoshop cannot be shared directly to social media whereas we can share our artwork, graphics and 3d designs to social media directly with Photoshop CC.
- Photoshop is an easy to use software designed for effortless editing and can be used by even a non- professional. Whereas Photoshop CC makes your work easy once you get to understand the tools and where to use them.
- Photoshop CC is more modernized software with some upgraded tools and new tools also added to its library like it has a better brush arrangement, Curvature pen tool, 360 panorama workflows, Adobe stock and many more. While Photoshop has, limited tools required for necessary editing.
- Photoshop is a massive software and all the elementary editing tools were first created in photoshop like one of the main tools would be Vanishing point and Image wrapping. With this tool, the user can easily transform, paint and edit the image by maintaining the perspective of the image. Whereas Photoshop CC just has a modified version of the same.
- Photoshop CC has a very major advantage that the user can access Lightroom photos as well. The user can edit those photos and they are automatically saved in the Lightroom library. Whereas photoshop lacks in this attribute.
- Photoshop CC offers the user to create crystal lines and uniform brush strokes. The user can control the smoothness of the brush, eraser or pencil tool ranging from 0 to 100, higher the value they enter higher will be the smoothness. Whereas Photoshop doesn’t have this characteristic.
Photoshop vs Photoshop CC Comparison Table
Let’s look at the top comparison between Photoshop vs Photoshop CC.
|The Basis of Comparison between Photoshop vs Photoshop CC||
|Definition||The most fundamental photo editing software used for simple editing with basic features.||An upgraded version of photoshop with improved and new characteristics.|
|Usage||Not in use presently, as of now Adobe Photoshop basic is not sold in the market, but still users who have previously installed software can use it.||Presently, Photoshop CC is in demand and is in use by all the editors, artist, and school students.|
|Version||Adobe Photoshop came with a lot of versions with a lot of changes. The latest being CS6(Creative Suite 6)||After CS6, Photoshop came with CC branding (creative cloud). In CC branding CC 2018 is the latest updated version.|
|Availability||It was available on a one-time purchase basis. Currently, this version of photoshop is no more sold.||It is based on a subscription basis with a monthly and yearly fee and a cancellation fee as well.|
Conclusion – Photoshop vs Photoshop CC
Photoshop acts like a parent to its child Photoshop CC. Like a parent is the principal of all the traits present in the child, similarly, Photoshop has a vast variety of tools and attributes that is the principal for Photoshop CC. Presently Photoshop is not sold in the market but it will always be the fundamental software for all the editors.
Photoshop CC has an amazing workflow with a 360 panorama which makes work easier, creative and not at all boring. It may not be wrong to say that Photoshop CC is an incredible extension to its predecessor and besides only a few tools rest all are upgraded versions of Photoshop.
Clearly, Photoshop CC is the champion in terms of modernization, improvised tools, new characteristics, and a remarkable work experience.
This has been a guide to the top difference between Photoshop vs Photoshop CC. Here we also discuss the Photoshop vs Photoshop CC key differences with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more.