Difference between Adobe Photoshop vs CorelDraw
Adobe Photoshop software is pixel-based and creates raster images that are used by professionals. This software is mainly used for editing, cropping, resizing, manipulating and giving special effects to the images. Corel Draw is a vector-based software which is used in big companies and freelancer for printing big banners and any large entities. It is used for illustration and for creating business cards, barcodes, pamphlets, banners, logos, etc.
Let us study much more about Adobe Photoshop and CorelDraw in detail:
In today’s world, there is plenty of software’s for photo editing, making and modifying. Among these, some of them are used by professionals and some by beginners. But It is necessary for every designer that he should have basic knowledge of the software and design. We can see that some of the websites are also providing support for photo editing online/live, we just have to upload the image and get modified with their existing template at free of cost. Now to discuss the two big software which has a big boom in the market is Adobe Photoshop vs CorelDraw. Adobe Photoshop vs CorelDraw software has some pros and cons in them, so some of them are discussed below with detailed features.
Head To Head Comparison Between Adobe Photoshop and CorelDraw (Infographics)
Below is the top 10 difference between Adobe Photoshop vs CorelDraw:
Key Differences between Adobe Photoshop and CorelDraw
Both are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the significant difference :
- Some of the features of Adobe Photoshop are:-
- Curvature pen tool.
- 360 Panorama workflow.
- Copy-paste layers.
- Paint symmetry.
- Stroke Smoothing.
- Brush from Kyle T.
- Properties panel comes for every layer.
- Access Lightroom Photos.
- Quick share menu.
- Some of the features of the Corel Draw:-
- Gaussian Blur Feature.
- Healing clone tools.
- Live sketch tool.
- Custom node shapes.
- Corel font Manager.
- Font filtering and search.
- Powerful stylus.
- Gu Interface.
- If we check the live clients of this two software’s in the market then it could be found that Photoshop is being used by small business people and freelancers. Simultaneously the Corel Draw is being used by the Large Enterprise, Medium Business, and freelancers.
- If we take the survey of these software’s on the basis of client experience that which one is most favorable among the users and mark the percentage then Adobe Photoshop gets 98 percentage and Corel Draw gets 99 percentage.
- Photoshop has the ability to convert any text layers, vectors and graphics into pixel images, similarly Corel draw can convert any image into vector image.
- One of the major differences between Adobe Photoshop vs CorelDraw software is artistic control. Whatever the creative effects we see are been done in Photoshop because Corel Draw does not have the creative effect in it. But if we ever think of combining the two software’s then we can create nice looking huge graphics.
- Photoshop has the advantage of making a 3d art while in the Corel draw we get the predefined layout for the business cards and logos. We don’t have to waste the time in creating new ones.
- Well, another difference about the learning of the software can say that someone says Corel draw is easy or Someone says that Photoshop is easy. Both Adobe Photoshop vs CorelDraw is relatively the same to learn as the parent company provides an equal amount of tutorials and data to learn. But still, far from it, we can say that Photoshop is a bit complex and Corel draw is easier.
Adobe Photoshop vs CorelDraw Comparison Table
Let’s look at the top comparison:
|1.||This software is pixel-based and creates raster images that are used by professionals.||This software is a vector-based and creates images using a mathematical equation.|
|2.||It is developed by Adobe and it’s the extended version of it.||It is developed by Corel Corporation so its Corel’s graphics suite.|
|3.||It read a pixel from image following layers which are used for detailed manipulation of images.||This software converts the images to vectored form as it doesn’t understand the concept of pixels.|
|4.||This software is mainly used for the editing, cropping, resizing, manipulating and giving special effects to the images.||It is used for illustration and for creating business cards, barcodes, pamphlets, banners, logos etc.|
|5.||This is expensive than Corel draw by some amount.||The price of this is a bit lower than Photoshop.|
|6.||Adobe Photoshop is nearly world’s leading software for design and development of images.||Its graphics suite 2017 is an industry acclaimed design software used for quantity based work.|
|7.||This is available in English, Dutch, Turkish and Swedish languages.||It is available in English, China, Germany, Spain, Japan, France, Italy, Dutch, Portugal, and polish languages.|
|8.||In this only one page can be formed not like Corel Draw.||This software allows you to make multiple pages in a single file format.|
|9.||In this, we can’t put the barcode in between the image editing.||While editing the image we can insert the barcode in between.|
|10.||Mostly images for web presentation are used from this software.||Mostly the images for banner printing are used from this software because once the image is been converted to vector for it doesn’t give blurry look.|
- The difference between the two software is the technology which they are based. As we have seen Adobe Illustrator, it is similar to Corel Draw. Anyways both are vector-based programs so nearly there commands are similar for working and the user interface is also nearly the same.
- Both the software are good and they differ by a price that may be the reason for the user to think upon it. Also, some more of the reason to think upon is their features and tools and still proper 3d quality can’t be achieved in the Corel draw but zooming and non-blurry can be achieved.
- So a user has to decide that what he wants, quality in what sense a non-blurry side or a 3d print quality type.
- In the end, both the software’s are a good choice depends on the user to choose as per his requirement.
This has been a guide to the top difference between Adobe Photoshop vs CorelDraw. Here we also discuss the key differences with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –