Introduction to Mobile App Development Tool
The following article provides an outline for Mobile App Development Tool. Mobile phones have become an integral part of our day to day lives and no one can deny their importance in our lives today. They are no longer devices that enable telephonic conversation only but have become the most preferred source to access the internet and online services and that is why we call them smartphones. According to the International Telecommunication Union, 77% of the total world population that amounts to 5 billion people, use the internet on their mobile devices.
Why are Smartphones so Popular?
The reason for the popularity of this trend is the simplicity and ease of internet access to avail hundreds of online services. Another reason is the free availability of wi-fi at most public places and faster internet connectivity through 3G and 4G technology.
What are Mobile Apps?
Another thing that greatly contributes to the prevalence of the use of smartphones for accessing online services & mobile app development tools, is the widespread use of mobile applications. Mobile applications or apps for short are small programs that are modeled to run on smartphones and connect users through the internet to various services that can otherwise only be accessed through desktop or laptop computers.
Advantages of Mobile Apps
So, the best way to exploit the trend of mobile technology is to develop mobile apps that are functional and user-friendly.
Mobile apps are fast and efficient. Speed becomes an extremely important factor especially when life is running so fast and everybody wants to get things done quickly.
- Mobile apps can provide a vast amount of information in a fraction of a second as the required information is pre-stored in the application and we do not have to search for it over the internet or wait for it to be downloaded from the web.
- We can run various applications at the same time and further save time.
- Mobile apps are also a great source of advertising.
Ever since I have started using apps on my mobile phone, life has become much simpler. There are various apps on my smartphone, such as e-shopping apps, gaming apps, apps for social networking and chatting, an app to track health and fitness, and a lot more.
At the touch of a finger, food is delivered to my doorstep. To hail a cab, I no longer have to step out of the house and wait in scorching heat or biting cold. The organizer on my smartphone ensures that I am always ahead of my business.
Features of a Good App
- A good app differs from a not-so-good app in the way information is passed on to the user.
- Also what is extremely important is a visual appeal, simple design, and uncluttered interface.
- It is imperative for the app developer to keep in mind, the kind of operating system, the app would run on, as a different OS can have its own limitations and advantages. For instance, apps for Android and iOS can be completely different from each other.
Mobile App Development Tool
Although there are a large number of apps that can be downloaded on smartphones, many of them do not keep in mind the precise requirement of a particular section of consumers.
So, it is worthwhile for a mobile app development tool that would be liked by a large number of users and would provide ease of convenience to them. As an app developer, you would wish your app to be downloaded by a maximum number of users and would want them all to rate your app.
Given below are some amazing tips that will help you develop your apps and to avoid some common mistakes made during the mobile app development tool.
1. Adhere to the Design Guidelines given by Respective OS
Whether you are working on Android or iOS, following the mobile app development tool guidelines diligently, as laid out by them becomes extremely important for the app developer.
It not only makes the process of mobile app development tools easier but also helps the users to comprehend the proper working of the app, making it an enjoyable experience. The guidelines help to maintain uniformity among various apps.
Let’s take for example the UI element in Android guidelines. It is the navigational drawer that is frequently displayed in numerous apps and lends great design to a mobile app development tool for Android.
Similarly, it is important to follow Apple guidelines for mobile app development software in order to design an efficacious app that would also be accepted by Apple and made available on iTunes. These are very easy-to-follow guidelines and using them in your apple apps helps to warrant the quality that Apple stands for.
2. Simplicity is the Key
Users do not like complicated apps that cannot be understood easily and end up wasting a lot of time navigating from one option to the other. The simpler the user interface, the happier the users.
The screen of the mobile phone is relatively much smaller than that of a desktop or laptop computer. Therefore it is necessary to have a simple interface that conveys the most information in minimum space. It is important to display only as much information as is required.
To keep the interface simple, follow these tips:
- Using Icons: The best way of doing this is by using symbols or icons for all commands. Symbols look trendy, are extremely convenient, save space, and have no language barriers. You can use icons from the Icon font library. In this way, you will not require adjusting image sizes to get icons for various device screen resolutions.
- Assembling Together Related Functions: Extremely important to maintain simplicity is to ensure that all related functions are grouped together. You would agree that it is irritating if you have to jump from one option to the other, to change the settings of functions that are linked. For example, volume settings for the music player, ringtone and call must be assembled in one menu. But pay caution while doing so. Make sure that unnecessary options are not included in a single menu as too many commands can also confuse the user.
- Adaptive Elements: A great app presents all the relevant information by easily adapting to any size of a window frame. It is beneficial for users as well as developers as the development and updating of apps become much easier.
- Laying Emphasis on Essential Features: A successful and user-friendly app is one that clearly displays all its important features. If this is not taken care of, the main purpose of the app would be lost among too much clutter.
3. Take User Feedback Seriously
Irrespective of the number of trials run by the developer, actual users are the ones who can give honest feedback. Working on app updates based on this input, Mobile app development software not only helps to improve the functionality of the app but also increases the popularity of your app among consumers.
To enable users to have an open channel of communication with the developer, pay close attention to app ratings and reviews and create forums and communities where they can post their comments. Have a dedicated team that regularly evaluates the feedback and works on it. This way, you can ensure a long life and user base for your mobile app.
4. Stay in Tune with the Current Trends
Who does not like to keep up with the latest in the market? Trends change really fast these days and people do not bat an eyelid before changing their preferences.
An app that does not keep up with times will become obsolete very quickly as newer and better apps would always be on the lookout to take their place. The mobile phone Operating Systems, whether it be Android or Apple, also come up with new versions from time to time, which include new mobile app development technology also.
Thus, to make use of these new mobile app development technology, you must keep your apps regularly updated. This will help you to stay on top of the Google Play Store or Apple iTunes and become the trendsetter among other apps. Keeping up with the trends is the need of the hour and the only way to remain popular among users and stay ahead of the competition.
Tracking the trend also requires developers to analyze the kind of apps gaining popularity and developing new apps on those lines. You can learn from the flaws and strengths of various apps to develop the best app.
For example, people are very fitness conscious these days and most of them are looking for a mobile app that can track their daily workout or calorie count. Developers can cash in on this new trend and catch the same.
5. Optimizing the Apps
An app that occupies a lot of data on the hard drive, is extremely slow to run and takes a lot of time loading each function is a complete no for users. A great app must have optimum performance while occupying minimum space. To avoid this problem, developers must not add unrequired articles that take up space in their apps.
6. Retaining User Loyalty
You have it all going your way but users just do not seem to stay with you. The reason? Poor user experience due to either too many advertisements that invade personal time or a large number of permissions to be accepted while downloading the app.
- Asking for unnecessary permissions: The developers must understand that users have a vast choice when it comes to downloading apps. So, if your app asks for various agreements that authorize you to access personal information and such, it would surely work as a spoiler for the users.
- Flooding your app with ads: Similarly, apps that include a large number of ads and pop-ups eventually work as a turn-off for the users. Developers must understand that there are many other ways to earn money but imposing access to advertisements on consumers is a big No. Users would rather pay for the app than having to go through the torcher of bearing ads every minute.
7. Cater to Multiple Devices
Android is one of the most commonly used Operating systems that are used to run a variety of mobile devices, it is important for the developer to use methods by which an app can run consistently, irrespective of screen resolution. Using density-independent pixels (dip or DP) instead of pixels can solve this problem. iOS, on the other hand, runs only on one kind of device and hence does not face this problem.
8. Testing, Pricing, and Marketing
No matter, how good an app is; it is the users who make it what it is. To take an app to the users is an important aspect of the popularity of the app.
- Testing: Now the development part of the app is over, it is time to launch it in the market. But before you do that, test it for bugs or other concerns. Ensure that it is done by a third party as a developer can never point out flaws in his own app.
- Pricing: After this stage, decide the cost the users would be paying for downloading your app. It can also be a free app, provided, you can get some advertisements for it. Remember, it is the volume that matters, so keep the price minimum.
- Marketing: The final stage is marketing. Promoting an app to reach the target audience is the key to competition is grave and the market is open. Over-promotion, however, increases consumer expectations and hence can backfire. So play your cards cautiously. Give an appealing name to your app as an app is remembered most by its name. The name should be simple yet easy to remember and in some way, give out what the app is about.
Conclusion – Mobile App Development Tool
Mobile App development software is a passion more than being a profession. So enjoy every bit of the experience. The moments when you are able to overcome the challenges faced during app development, feel like real victories. Simply adhering to the above tips will give you successful mobile app development software that would be liked equally by users and mobile companies.
This is a guide to Mobile App Development Tool. Here we have discussed the basic concepts, features, advantages, popularity with 8 different tools in detail. You can also go through our other related articles to learn more –
- Mobile App Development training and certification
- Mobile App Development Software
- Mobile App Analytics Tools
- Mobile Application Testing