Updated February 18, 2023
Introduction to Jira Delete Board
Jira provides different types of features to the user to make development easy and track the project’s entire development process. We can have a life cycle in which a delete board is one of the features Jira provides. The Jira administrator has the right to delete the board. Here we have a quick search option; we will get the board list by clicking on the board button. After that, we need to find the board we need to delete from the list by clicking on that option. If we have our commission, we can quickly delete it whenever we require it.
Jira, a board that provides a better GUI to the user, projects into segments that address the group’s work process and the executive’s framework. Typically Jira delivers a different view to the user, including their work. Jira offers two types of boards such as Scrum and Kanban boards. These two boards have additional features for the user on their setup, and both use agile methodology during the project implementation. We know that the scrum board uses a sprint structure to track projects in real-time working nature. On the other hand, Kanban is used to track the backlog of projects. Both are used to support the corporate teams, so they can create the board as per their requirement and delete the board.
Jira provides two modes to delete the board from a specified project as follows:
- First, delete the Jira board from the landing page.
- Second, delete the Jira board from the venture dashboard.
Using the above two-mode, we can delete the board from Scrum and Kanban, but we must have admin access to perform delete operations. The Jira board is an Atlassian creation that has become the go-to apparatus for group coordinated effort. Jira sheets are adaptable and valuable, permitting groups to smooth out their WIP restrictions and upgrade their work process.
Groups invite programming like Jira to assist them with controlling the iterative idea of their activities. The result is that task groups convey excellent work and surpass client assumptions. Not terrible, correct? Anybody can make and utilize the Scrum or Kanban Jira board to help their spry strategy, oversee iterative, compelling work underway, and observe task processes for ideal, worthwhile results.
How to Delete the Jira Board?
Now let’s see how we can delete the Jira board as follows:
When we try to perform the delete board operation on a specific project, the project issue and sprint cannot be deleted due to the link. These issues and runs are a piece of the undertaking and not of the venture dashboard, and subsequently, they stay with no guarantees.
To delete the board from the home page, we need to follow the different steps as follows:
1. First, we need to login into Jira and click on your work button; for more reference, we can see the following screenshot as follows:
2. In the next step, we need to click on the Boards, and inside the board, we will get the View ALL board option. So click on that option to get the following screen; for reference, we can see details in the following screenshot.
Now click on the Board button; after that, we will get the screenshot shown in the following screenshot.
3. In the third step, we can see a list of boards, but here we have a single board, so for that reason, we can see the single board as shown in the above screenshot. Let’s assume we have a list of boards, and we need to delete the board, then click on the three dots on the right and the specific board we want to delete. For reference, we can see the following screenshot as follows.
After clicking on three dots, we will get a dropdown menu for more details; we can check the below screenshot.
After clicking on the delete button, we will get an altered message for confirmation and click on the delete button, as shown in the following screenshot.
4. Finally, we can see we successfully removed the board from the project; we can see the following screenshot for more details.
Jira Delete the Board Project
Now let’s see how we can delete the Jira board from the specified project dashboard using the following steps.
1. First, we need to open the project and click on the board from the left navigation bar, and here we will get the View all board option, as shown in the following screenshot.
2. After clicking on the list of boards is populated, but here we have a single panel as shown in the above screenshot. So let’s assume we have a list of boards, and we need to delete the board, then click on the three dots on the right of the specific board we want to delete.
Afterward, we select the delete form dropdown menu, as shown in the screenshot.
After clicking on the delete button, we will get an alert message; here, we need to click on the delete button for more details; we can see the below screenshot.
3. We can see that we successfully removed the board from the project, as shown in the following screenshot.
With the help of the above article, we saw about the JIRA delete board. From this article, we saw basic things about the JIRA delete the board and the integration of the JIRA delete board, and how we use it in the JIRA delete board.
This is a guide to Jira Delete Board. Here we discuss the introduction, integration, and how to delete the Jira board. You also have a look at the following articles to learn more –