Introduction To Java Testing Interview Questions And Answers
Java is a type-safe class-based Object-Oriented Programming Language. Java is mostly familiar due to its platform-independent nature, which means Java Byte Code doesn’t depend on its platform.
Due to its platform-independent nature, nowadays Java is mainly used in all kinds of daily life applications such as Windows-based Application, Complex Web Applications, Mobile Applications (Android), ATM Machines, Servers, Kernel Level Applications and so on. Java is a high-level language Software Engineer who uses Java to build many frameworks related to testing automation.
Below are the 10 important 2019 Java Testing Interview Questions and Answers:
To start knowing about Java, we also can get to know about the concept of Object-Oriented Programming, Class and its accessible Objects, Encapsulation, Polymorphism, Inheritance, Interface, Abstract Class, Java Threading, Collection Framework and so on. Before starting to know about Java, we need to know about JVM (Java Virtual Machine), JRE (Java Runtime Environment) and JDK (Java Development Kit). When we install JRE or JDK in our System to run Java, JVM also gets installed. JVM contains Java Compiler with it that compiles the Java classes that mean .java files to Byte Code Converted files that mean .class files. These .class files are platform-independent in nature.
Java has been designed by James Gosling and developed by Sun Microsystems but now by Oracle Corporation. To run Java in the System on Java Runtime Environment needs to be installed in the target System. Most of the Automation systems use Java as their development language. One of the Java Automation testing tools is known as Selenium Automation Testing. Unit tests also performed in Java using JUnit. Developers can write application-specific Junit test cases using Java. There are different types of automation frameworks available like Hybrid Testing Framework, Data-Driven Testing Framework, Keyword Driven Testing Framework, Modular Testing Framework, and Behavior-Driven Development Framework and so on.
Finally, it comes to know that Java is an Object-Oriented Programming Language that provides all kinds of solutions in real life. It provides a solution to build applications for Desktop, Web, Mobile and also helps to create Kernel level applications, Servers and so on. Not only this, but it also provided solutions to write down the various test cases using JUnit. And to execute or perform those test cases, many Java-based Automation testing tools are available like Selenium, QTP (Quick Test Professional) and so on.
If you are looking for a job that is related to Java Testing, you need to prepare for the 2019 Java Testing Interview Questions. Though every interview is different and the scope of a job is also different, we can help you out with the top Java Testing Interview Questions with answers, which will help you take the leap and get your success in your interview. These questions are divided into parts are as follows:
Part 1 – Java Testing Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic Java Testing Interview Questions and Answers
1. What do you know about Framework?
The framework is nothing but a set of rules that we must follow in a systematic way to achieve the desired goal. In Java, there are many frameworks available, such as MVC Frameworks, to develop applications, build up the unit test cases, and perform the automation testing.
2. What is the Test Automation Frameworks?
There are the basic Java Testing Interview Questions asked in an interview. Below are some popular Test Automation Frameworks:
- Modular Testing Framework.
- Keyword Driven Testing Framework.
- Hybrid Testing Framework.
- Data-Driven Testing Framework.
3. Why did you want to use Framework?
In Test Automation Framework, we need to handle many files. To organize those files and systemically complete all tasks and achieve the goal successfully, we have to support any Framework.
Let us move to the next Java Testing Interview Questions.
4. What are the main advantages of using the Test Automation Framework?
There are many advantages to using Test Automation Frameworks. Among those, some are given below.
- Automation Testing is faster and better than Manual Testing. So using Test Automation Framework, it saves time as well as money.
- In Automation Testing, the probability of getting work test results after execution of any test cases is very low compared to Manual Testing. So it is more reliable.
- We can get the test report automatically after the execution of test cases. No manual intervention required for the same.
- Reusability of Code is one of the main advantages of using Automation Testing.
- Minimal manual intervention required in Test Automation Framework.
5. Which Framework you have used in your Selenium Project?
In the Selenium Project, we mostly use Java language to develop. Though Selenium supports multi-languages to develop Java with Selenium is the best match. Selenium Project that we have worked upon basically used Data-Driven Testing Framework where Page Object Model design pattern has been used along with Page Factory.
Part 2 – Java Testing Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced Java Testing Interview Questions.
6. Where do you apply Object-Oriented Programming concepts in Test Automation Framework?
OOPs is used in most of places while writing the Test Automation Framework. There are many OOPs concept that has been used for Test Automation Frameworks such as Abstraction, Polymorphism, Inheritance, Interface, Method Overloading and Overriding and Encapsulation.
In the case of Abstraction, we need to write locators like XPath, name, id, etc., inside Page Class for Page Object Model Design Pattern. In the case of Interface, Selenium uses WebDriver, which is an Interface. Likewise, the other OOPs concept has been used in Test Automation Framework in different scenarios.
7. What do you mean by Automation Testing?
Automation testing is a software testing process where minimal manual intervention is required, which is used for software testing by executing some test cases to find out the defects and share the automated test result after execution. Many tools are available to perform this automation testing, like Selenium Web Driver, Appium, Cucumber, Test Studio, RSpec, etc.
Let us move to the next Java Testing Interview Questions.
8. What type of Test Cases did you prefer to be automated?
The test cases I preferred to be automated are as below:
- Sanity Test Cases
- Regression Test Cases
- Smoke Test Cases
9. Why do you like to use Selenium?
These are the frequently asked Java Testing Interview Questions asked in an interview. I would like to use the Selenium Automation Testing tool for the below reasons.
- Selenium is free to download and use and also open source.
- Cross-browser compatibility supports by Selenium.
- Multi-language support and very easy compatibility with Java.
- A large no of users are using Selenium as a Test Automation tool; that’s why the help communities are larger compared to the other test Automation tools.
10. What type of test cases you would not prefer to be automated?
Based on Project Stability, the test cases that change frequently or the test cases that I need to run rarely or only one time, I would not pick up those to be automated.
This has been a guide to the List Of Java Testing Interview Questions and Answers so that the candidate can crackdown these Java Testing Interview Questions easily. Here in this post, we have studied about top Java Testing Interview Questions, which are often asked in interviews. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –