Updated June 26, 2023
Introduction to Blocking Unknown Numbers on Android
In today’s digital age, unwanted and spam calls have become increasingly prevalent. Fortunately, Android devices offer various features to help you manage and block unwanted calls. One essential capability is blocking unknown numbers, ensuring that calls from unidentified sources don’t disturb you. This informative article will guide you through accessing your phone app’s settings, enabling anonymous number blocking, and exploring additional call-blocking features on your Android device.
Accessing the phone App
- Detect and open the “Phone” app on your Android device.
- Open the calling app on your phone first. A phone icon usually represents it. You can find it on your home screen or in the app drawer.
- It may be labeled as “Phone,” “Dialer,” “Call,” or a similar name, depending on your device’s manufacturer and software version.
- To launch the Phone app, tap its icon. This will launch the application and bring you to the main screen, where you can make and receive phone calls.
Navigating to Call Settings
- Once you open the Phone app, look for the three-dot menu icon or the “Settings” option.
- The three-dot menu icon is usually located in the top-right corner of the screen, while the “Settings” option may be accessible through a separate tab or menu within the app.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon or the “Settings” option to open the settings menu. From there, you should see various options related to your phone calls. You can access the additional settings from here.
Call Blocking Options
- Once you have accessed the call settings on your Android device, you may find various call-blocking options available. The specific options and their names can vary depending on your device’s manufacturer and software version. Here are some standard call-blocking options you might encounter.
- Search for “Call Blocking” or “Blocked Numbers” in “Call Settings” or “Phone Settings.” Menu Search for options specifically related to call blocking. It might be called a “call blocking, “Blocked numbers,” “Block list,” or something similar to an option to access the call blocking settings.
- Tap on it and access the call-blocking setting.
- You can block the number from the recent section, also. Now let’s see how we can do it.
How to Block Unknown Numbers on Android
- On your Android phone, look for the option to block unknown or unidentified numbers.
- Once you locate the appropriate option, please enable it to block calls from unknown or unidentified numbers.
- The method might differ depending on your device’s manufacturer and software version.
Enabling Unknown Number Blocking
- Some devices may have a specific toggle switch for blocking an unknown number, while others may allow you to block numbers not in your contacts.
- You can toggle the switch or checkbox to enable the blocking of unknown numbers.
- This will prevent calls from unknown numbers from reaching your device.
- The unknown call gets blocked by doing this.
Additional Blocking Features
- In addition to blocking unknown numbers, you can explore the call-blocking settings on your Android device to discover other features that may be available.
- You may find options to block specific numbers, create a blocklist, block calls from private or hidden numbers, and enable blocklist synchronization.
- Some devices offer the facility to create a personalized blocklist, which allows you to add multiple numbers to the blocklist, whether they are spam callers, personal numbers, or telecallers.
- Some third-party applications are available at the play store, allowing us to create block lists, block numbers from foreign countries, report spam, block spammers, and not be in your contact list.
Adjusting Block List Settings
- Go to the settings if your device allows you to create a block list.
- Add numbers to the blocklist: Please search for the option to include phone numbers on the blocklist. This may involve tapping on a “+” or “Add” button and entering the phone number manually or selecting it from your contacts.
- Remove numbers from the blocklist: If you want to remove a number, find the option to edit or manage the blocklist. From there, you should be able to select the number you wish to remove and delete it from the list.
- Edit blocklist settings: Explore the available options within the blocklist settings to customize how blocked numbers are handled. You might find settings related to notifications for blocked calls or messages, blocking specific types of calls (e.g., international calls) or blocking calls from specific area codes.
- Exit the settings menu once you have enabled the necessary settings and added numbers to the block list.
- Once you have enabled the necessary settings, added numbers to the blocklist, and made any other adjustments in the call-blocking settings menu on your Android device, you can exit the settings menu. The changes you made should be automatically saved and will take effect immediately.
Conclusion – Block Unknown Numbers on Android
Unwanted calls can be a nuisance; blocking unknown numbers on your Android device can stop unsolicited calls and texts. The precise procedure may vary slightly depending on the maker and software version of your smartphone. Still, it generally entails opening the Phone app, going to the call or blocked numbers settings, and turning on the option to block unknown or foreign numbers.
To get more specific instructions for your device, consult your device’s user manual or search online using your device model and Android version. You can successfully block unwanted calls and texts on your Android phone by activating the required options and managing your block list. Take control of your incoming calls and enjoy a more peaceful smartphone experience.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Block Unknown Numbers on Android” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information.