Updated June 28, 2023
Difference between Android TV vs Google TV
- Google and Android TV are based on the Android system to make smarter television.
- The Google Company created Android and google tv, providing multiple new and advanced features.
- Google tv and Android TV are focused on the smart tv market and give better applications, functions, and other components.
- Android tv is an operating system made by Google to get smart tv, media sticks, set-up boxes, and other tv related devices.
- Google tv is not an operating system, but it provides a more advanced experience and tries to get the required content.
- Google tv does not have a separate streaming platform, but android tv builds on different streaming platform brands.
- Android tv and google tv are separate streaming platforms that display tv shows, movies, and other tv related content.
Head to Head Comparison Between Android TV vs Google TV(Infographics)
Below are the top 13 differences between Android TV vs Google TV:
Comparison Table of Android TV vs Google TV
- Google tv provides advanced and user-friendly applications on android tv.
- Android tv and Google tv are built by the same company based on the Android system.
- There are some similar and different functions in android tv and google tv.
- The comparison table shows the most similar and different features of Android tv and Google tv.
|The android tv displays music, shows, drama, movies, and other tv related content.
|Google tv displays music, shows, drama, movies, and other tv related content.
|Google made the android tv.
|Google and other companies made the google tv.
|The android tv provides a UNIX-like operating system.
|Google tv does not have any operating system.
|The android tv is based on its system.
|The google tv is based on android tv.
|Initially released system
|The android tv was initially released in 2014.
|Google tv was initially released in 2011.
|The android tv needs a streaming platform.
|Google tv does not need a streaming platform. This tv works on Android phones, laptops, and television platforms.
|The android tv is focused on the smart tv, set-top box, digital media player, and USB dongle.
|Google tv is focused on the smart tv.
|You can see the android tv information and procedure using the following website.
|You can see the google tv information and procedure using the following website.
|The android tv focused on the user interaction function with the product feature.
|The google tv focused on the user interfaces function with the android tv functions.
|There are multiple features available on the android tv.
· Vertical scrolling screen
· Row-based interface
· Voice input support
· Google assistance support
· Google Cast support
· Support to play store and games
· Wireless BlueTooth
|There are multiple features available on google tv.
· Television shows and movie needs to pay.
· Provides 720 pixels and 1080-pixel resolution
· Provide 4K Ultra HD video
· Provide 4K HDR quality
· You get pre-order content or software automatically on the released date.
|There are multiple advantages available on android tv.
· Easy to use and operate
· Good compatibility
· Provide Google assistance
|There are several advantages available on google tv.
· Searching for content
· You get all streaming applications in one place.
· You can access it from anywhere on any device.
|There are multiple disadvantages available on android tv.
· It provides limited pool applications.
· Fewer firmware updates
|There are several disadvantages available on google tv.
· The capability of the browser is not strong.
· Google app does not become available in the system.
|There are multiple uses of the android tv.
· Television streaming content.
· Digital media player
· USB dongle
· Set-top box
|There are multiple uses of google tv.
· A streaming platform like Netflix, amazon prime video, etc.
· Television shows and dramas.
Key Differences of Android TV vs Google TV
- The android tv uses an operating system, but googles tv does not use any operating system.
- Google tv is based on Android technology, but android tv does not base on google tv.
- Google tv does not have a specific streaming platform, but android tv has a streaming platform and its brands.
- Google tv works as software or a website on any streaming device but android tv works on the television platform.
- Google TV focuses on user interest, like user-watching interest, and displays relatable content. The android tv is focused on user interference, like adding new features, updating available features, and making tv more usable.
- You can use google tv anywhere using a smartphone, but you have to use android tv in one place.
- The google tv works on the android tv platform. The google tv is an advanced version of the android tv.
- Google tv is based on software-related content. It is provided on Netflix, youtube, amazon prime video, and other streaming channels. But the Android system supports a smart television system based on the hardware.
- The android tv provides more brands like Philips, sony than google tv.
- The android tv focused on more than one digital media product, but google tv focused on the smart tv and its application.
- Android tv created smart tv and its related product, while google tv created smart tv applications and advanced UI systems.
- The android tv provides Google assistance, but Google tv does not support Google apps.
The android tv and google tv are smart tv products to focus on the user and its requirement. The android tv has a physical market to buy products, and google tv has a digital market to get the software. The android tv and google tv make user-friendly, easy, and advanced streaming platforms. The android tv and google tv work on the user interaction for getting content and function.
This is a guide to Android TV vs Google TV. Here we discuss Android TV vs Google TV key differences with infographics and comparison tables, respectively. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –