Updated June 8, 2023
Top Hotels in Athens
The birthplace of democracy and Western civilization, Athens is a city that is full of natural beauty, history, and culture. You should choose a hotel in Athens that offers the ideal balance of comfort, convenience, and location if you plan a trip there. Athens’s luxury yet affordable hotels fulfill all the requirements, making it the ideal spot to stay when visiting this fascinating city.
Hotels To Stay in Athens
We bring you the best from our suggestions in the list:-
#1 The Grand Hyatt Athens
The Grand Hyatt Athens is a stunning and chic hotel situated in the center of Athens. The hotel offers a variety of opulent rooms and suites that are elegantly adorned and give a welcoming and cozy ambiance.
Address:- Leof. Andrea Siggrou 115, Athina 117 45, Greece
How to reach?
The following modes of transportation are available for getting you to the hotel:
- By Air: Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport, a good 35 kilometers distant, is the closest airport to the Great Hyatt Hotel Athens. You can take a taxi, which will take you there in 45 to 60 minutes, or public transportation, which will take you there in 60 to 90 minutes.
- By Bus: Syntagma Square is the closest bus stop, which is about a kilometer away from the hotel. You may get to the hotel from there by taxi or public transit.
Nearby Attractions Athens is a city that is rich in shopping, history, and cultural attractions. The Grand Hyatt Athens lies near some of the city’s most famous shopping centers, historical sites, and must-visit places. Some of the nearby attractions include:
- The Acropolis and the Parthenon – are the most famous landmarks in Athens and one of the most famous tourist attractions in the world.
- The Ancient Agora – the birthplace of Western civilization and one of the most important historical sites in Athens.
- Monastiraki Flea Market – a vibrant and colorful flea market that offers a range of traditional Greek souvenirs and gifts.
- Plaka is Athens’s oldest neighborhood and one of the city’s most charming and picturesque areas.
- The National Archaeological Museum – is one of the largest museums in the world and home to some of the most important archaeological finds from Greece and the Mediterranean.
#2 Electra Palace Athens
Greece’s capital city of Athens is home to the luxe Electra Palace Athens Hotel. The hotel, blending contemporary conveniences with traditional grandeur, constructed a historic structure. The hotel also has meeting and conference space, making it an excellent option for business visitors.
Address:- Electra Palace Athens 18-20 N. Nikodimou St., Plaka 10558 Athens, Greece
How to Reach?
- The nearest airport to the Electra Palace Athens is Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport, which is approximately 40 kilometers away. You can reach the hotel by taxi, which will take about 40-60 minutes, or by public transportation, which will take about 60-90 minutes.
- The nearest railway station is Larissis Train Station, which is approximately 2 kilometers away. The nearest bus stop is Syntagma Square, which is approximately 400 meters away.
The Plaka neighborhood in Athens, which is one of the oldest and most picturesque neighborhoods, hosts the Electra Palace Athens. The hotel is close to many historical sites, such as the Acropolis and the Parthenon, and shopping centers, like Monastiraki Flea Market and Ermou Street. Other must-visit places in Athens include the National Archaeological Museum, the Olympieion, and the Temple of Zeus.
Our Special Mentions
- Divani Palace Acropolis– Greece’s capital city of Athens is home to the opulent Divani Palace Acropolis. A few of the city’s most well-known attractions are nearby, and the hotel offers stunning views of the Acropolis. The hotel offers opulent guestrooms and suites, a restaurant providing delectable Mediterranean fare, a bar, a fitness facility, and a rooftop terrace with cityscape views.
- The Royal Olympic– The Royal Olympic is a freshly renovated, five-star hotel that is close to the city’s center and within easy walking distance of all the city’s top tourist attractions, points of interest, and public transportation, as well as the airport. The 264 rooms, particularly the exceptional Athenian Panorama rooms with a breathtaking view of the temple of Zeus and other significant landmarks in the city, the 18 cutting-edge meeting spaces, the roof garden restaurant & bar located in front of the Acropolis, the temple of Zeus, and Lycabettus Hill.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Hotels in Athens” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,