Introduction To Go Interview Questions And Answers
In this Go Interview Questions article, we shall present some very important and often asked Go Interview Questions about the popular programming language Go. Go was created by Google and its syntax is like C. It is a statically-typed language. Like C, go supports garbage collection and dynamic-typing capability. It has type safety and many advanced built-in types; some of them are variable-length arrays and key-value maps. Moreover, it has a rich set of standard libraries.
Some of the most important features of the Go language are below: –
- It supports something called the environment, adapting patterns.
- Go as fast as far as its compilation time is concerned.
- It has Built concurrency support and lightweight processes via goroutines, channels, and select statements.
- Go supports Interfaces and Type embedding.
Now, if you are looking for a job that is related to Go, then you need to prepare for the 2023 Go Interview Questions. Every interview is different from the different job profiles, but still, to clear the interview, you need to have a good and clear knowledge of Go. Here, we have prepared the important Go Interview Questions and Answers, which will help you succeed in your interview.
Below are the 10 important 2023 Go Interview Questions and Answers that are frequently asked in an interview. These questions are divided into parts are as follows:
Part 1 – Go Interview Questions (Basic)
Let us now have a look at the basic Interview Questions and Answers.
Q1.What is the Go language, and what are its benefits?
Go is considered as a general-purpose language that was designed for servers mainly. It is a strongly statically typed language. It provides inbuilt support for garbage collection. It also supports concurrent programming as well. Programs are constructed using something called packages mainly. Its efficient management of dependencies is a great feature. It uses a traditional compile and link model. This compile and link model is used to generate executable binaries.
Benefits: Mentioned in bullets point above in the introduction section.
Q2.Explain what do you understand by static type variable declaration in the Go language?
Static type variable declaration provides confidence to the compiler that there is nothing but at least one variable that exists with the given name of its declared type. This helps the compiler proceeds for further compilation without requiring a variable’s complete detail. Usually, the meaning of a variable in Go is at the time of compilation. At the time of linking of the program, the Go compiler needs a formal variable declaration.
Q3.What are the methods in Go?
Go language supports special types of functions. These are called methods. In method declaration syntax, something called a “receiver” is present, which is used to represent the function container. The above-defined receiver can be used to call a function using an operator who is denoted by “.”.
Q4.Explain what a string is literal?
These are the basic Go interview questions asked in an interview. A string literal, obtained when a sequence of characters are concatenated, denotes a string constant.
There are two forms of a string literal in Go language: –
- Raw string literals type: In this case, the value of such literals are character sequences which are between backquotes ‘‘. The value of a string literal is the string consisting of the uninterrupted character between quotes.
- Interpreted string literals type: It is denoted between double quotes, which are the standard syntax. The content between the double quotes that may not contain newline characters usually forms the literal value in this case.
Q5. Explain what a package in the Go program is?
All GO programs are made up of nothing but packages. The program that starts running in a package is called the main.
Part 2 – Go Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced Interview Questions and Answers.
Q6. Define what you understand from a workspace in GO Language?
Typically, a workspace is what keeps all of the Go source code. A workspace is a directory on your system hierarchy that contains three additional directories at the root position.
- src – this contains GO source files organized into packages
- pkg – this contains package objects and
- bin – this contains executable commands
src, pkg and bin are folder structure which organizes the source code.
Q7. What are the advantages of GO?
- GO compiles very fast.
- Go has concurrency support.
- Functions are Go’s first-class objects.
- GO supports garbage collection.
- Strings and Maps are inbuilt into the language.
Let us move to the next Go Interview Questions.
Q8. Explain a routine in GO? What method is used to stop goroutine?
A goroutine is a function that runs with other functions in concurrent mode. To stop go routine, pass the goroutine as a signal channel; this signal channel can be used to push a new value into the program when you want the goroutine to stop. The goroutine polls that channel regularly promptly as it finds a signal; it exists.
Q9. Explain the Syntax For ‘for’ Loop?
The syntax of for loop in Go language is: –
for loop [condition |( initial; increment; condition) | Range]
Explanation: – The control flow in a for a loop –
- If a condition is available, then for loop executes until the condition is true; this step is the same as any other language.
- When (initial; increment; conditions ) is available, then The unit step above is executed first. This step allows for the declaration and initialization of any loop control variables. No requirement to put a statement here if a semicolon appears. After this, the condition is evaluated. If a condition is true, the main body of the loop is executed.
After the main statement of the for loop executes correctly, the program’s flow of control jumps goes back up to the next line, which is an increment statement. This statement does nothing, but it updates any loop control variables. This statement can be left blank if needed if a semicolon comes after the condition. The next condition is now checked again and then evaluated. If a condition is true, the loop runs once more, and the process repeats itself, i.e. the general approach is first to run the body of a loop, then increment step is done, and then again condition is executed. This continues until the condition becomes false and the loop terminates.
- If a range is also given, then for loop runs for each value in the range. These are the frequently asked Go interview questions in an interview.
Q10. By how many ways a parameter can be passed to a defined method in the Go language?
When calling a function in Go, there are two ways to pass an argument to a function such as: –
- Call by value: This method works by copying an argument’s actual value into the function’s formal parameter. Thus, changes made to the function’s inside parameter do not have an effect on the argument.
- Call by reference: This method works by copying the argument address into the formal parameter. The address is used inside the function for accessing the given argument used in the call. It means that parameter changes are made in this way affect the argument.
This has been a guide to List Of Go Interview Questions and Answers so that the candidate can crackdown these Interview Questions easily. Here in this post, we have studied top Go Interview Questions, which are often asked in interviews. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –