Introduction to Export in After Effects
Adobe After Effect software is generally used for manipulating our work related to videography and photography. It also helps in providing animation to our project for making it more and more effective for viewers. Export means saving our work in an appropriate file format at desired location. In Adobe After Effect software we use Export for the same work that is saving our project in our required file format for presenting it in the real world. Export is a basic and important part of After Effect because we need it for using it in our every project.
Exporting Projects in Adobe After Effects
Figuring out how to export your first After Effects project can be difficult. Here’s a quick guide on how to get started and you will also learn how to export any project in the desired format and desired location.
We have a different type of section here for making our working easy. We have a small tool panel at the top of the work area, Project Window at the left corner of the work area, Layer section at the lower-left corner, Timeline section at the bottom and Composition window in the middle of the work area. First of all, we will make a simple animation and learn how to Export this animation for saving it in the desired format.
- First of all, we will take a New Composition. For taking New Composition, click on the New Composition tab which is present in Composition window area.
- Or click on Create a new Composition tab which is present on the project window of this software.
- Composition Setting dialog box will open, choose your desired setting for your composition. Here I will choose the default setting for my composition, press on the OK tab of this dialog box to apply the setting for your composition.
- Take a circle command from the tool panel by clicking on the circle icon which is present in the drop-down list of rectangle tools, now draw a circle.
- Go to align command at the right side of the work area, to align the circle at the center of the composition press Ctrl+Alt+Home key and then Ctrl+Home key on the keyboard.
- Now we will animate this circle so click on the shape layer at the layer section of this software and click on the small arrow button of the Transform property of the shape layer, now sub-properties of the transform property will open.
- We will animate scale and position property of the circle, first click on the clock icon of the scale property to generate start key for animate scale property.
- Now I will make the value of scale property to zero percent so that the circle becomes invisible to me at the starting keyframe.
- Now I will set the keyframe play head at 2 sec, you can set it according to you.
- And make the value of the scale property to 100%.
- Now drag the keyframe play head at the starting point to set other property animation and click on the clock icon of the position property of circle to generate start keyframe for it.
- Now I will place the circle at the top position in my composition.
- Drag the keyframe play head at the same time of end key of scale property of the circle and place the circle out of the composition.
- Now you can see the animation by pressing the spacebar key or press the Play button from the Preview option on the right side.
- Now we will export this animation. For exporting click on the Composition tab at the top of the work area and click on Add to Render Queue option of the drop-down list.
- Click on the Best tab of the Render settings option in the layers section, a dialog box will open.
- Choose Best as the Quality and Full as a resolution from this dialog box for the best rendering of your project. You can set other settings according to you, press on the OK tab of this dialog box to apply the settings for your project.
- Now click on the Lossless option of the Output module option in the layer section a dialog box will open, we can set the file format of our project from here.
- You can choose any format from here I will choose AVI format for exporting my project, you can set other settings according to you. Press on the OK tab.
- Now click on Not yet specified option of the Output To tab – to name your project –
- A dialog box will open name with Output Movie To– choose the location where you want to save it and name your project – I will name it as Circle motion – click on the save button of this dialog box to save it –
- Now click on Render tab at the right corner of the working area to render your animation –
- It will take some time – Render time will depend on the size of your animation or project – size means number of layers, type of animation used in your project and many more things –
- Now your project is ready in your desired format and at desired location –
- And you can see your animation by play it in any video player –
Here you learned about the Export command of Adobe After Effect Software with me and after this tutorial you can easily save your project in appropriate format and make it compatible for your real purpose. Now you have full command on Adobe After Effect software after this tutorial because you can actually make your project a useable thing with export command.
This is a guide to Export in After Effects. Here we discuss an Overview of Export in After Effects and Steps for Export any project from Adobe After Effect. You may also look at the following article to learn more –