(Image Source: Freepik)
Amidst the scorching heat, everyone wants to take a break from the monotonous life and relax. We kids want to enjoy vacation time. Summer vacation is one of the best places to enjoy at hill stations, explore new activities, eat your favorite fruits, and gulp loads of ice creams! (Although we might have to come back and write an extended essay on summer vacation, the enjoyment part makes this project breeze).
Here is how I spent my summer vacation!
Firstly, I’d like to share my personal experience and the conversations I had with my friends.
This time I wanted to do something special, I took up a new hobby! There is a small garden outside my home, and I’ve always wanted to learn gardening to grow some lovely plants there. So, that is what I did –
Firstly, I talked to my parents, who helped me explore some DIY gardening videos on YouTube. I learned from those videos that gardening is one of the best things to develop our skills and educate ourselves. Gardening helped me understand the following –
- Chance to learn more about nature and its benefits for us
- Instilling responsibility and care for plants
- Understanding the different effects and causes of my activities
- Indulging in a productive and fun activity
- Learning about the actual source of food
- Finding some unique ways of growing plants
- Achieving goals and boosting self-confidence
As I kept watching different YouTube videos, I understood some essential aspects of gardening –
- Always use the right gardening tools and equipment
- Keep the process simple and not experiment in the beginning
- Take care of an elder if you are handling sharp tools
- Dig up the dirt (it would be so much fun!)
- Initially, plant flowers that are easy to grow
- Use manure and fertilizers safely
- Do not overwater the plants
As I watched different YouTube videos and started growing small plants in my home garden, I became more attached to nature and started enjoying it. I practiced every day, and the habit gave me so much more than an undying love for gardens. It improved these skills –
- Responsibility: As I am still learning to be responsible, gardening has helped a lot. It gave me a project I was solely responsible for and encouraged me to take care of it. Now I always take up responsibilities and take pride in accomplishing them!
- Nutrition: Gardening has taught me the importance of fruits and vegetables. As I started growing small plants, I realized how nutritious they are and how many great things they can give us!
- Creativity: I got creative as I learned new ways of growing plants. I found new ways and new types of plants to grow! As I explored, I realized that the garden could be a great place to grow and build new skills.
- Discovery: Throughout my summer vacations, I spent most of my time outdoors. I learned a lot about nature, its plants, different weather conditions, and their importance.
What Else Did I Do?
Gardening gave me a lot of time to spend with myself and boosted my self-confidence. But apart from that, I spent my summer vacations doing many more things. I visited my grandmother’s house, and she introduced me to many new dishes! She and I went for strolls in the park daily, and I told her about my gardening skills!
I even enjoyed new outdoor games with my friends, and we spent every evening exploring the streets and trying out fresh food. I did so much for a month, and I have so much to share. When I visited the school, my friends and I talked about our different hobbies. Some of my friends tried their hands at lawn tennis, while some learned yoga and meditation!
I had no trouble writing this essay on summer vacation thanks to such amazing stories. Now I can’t wait for my winter break to take up a new activity and share that with you!
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Essay on Summer Vacation” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,