Introduction to Digital Computer
A digital computer is a system that can feed some set of input, which further uses some set of the processing operation and gives the required output in some presentable format. The processing operations in digital computer are so fast that it happens in a fraction of seconds which help save a lot of time. Moreover, these digital computers only understand the processing information fed as input and manipulation as part of processing in terms of binary 0 and 1.It makes the communication streamline between humans and computers by simplifying the entire task.
Various Digital Computer Uses with Example
Digital computer, as mentioned, is a system or machine which has a lot of usage in every field whether it is science, research, technology anything; it has evolved a lot from its initial days till now like anything. Whether personal computers, smartphones, or tablets, almost every field has some or the other to make the system robust and highly available in every worst situation.
1. Digital computer uses and evolution in the field of scientific research
- Digital computers have the capability to deal with any odds when it comes to scientific calculation and manipulation.
- It has the processing power to calculations quite fast, as in the blink of seconds. Thus, it reduces the time consumption, making the research and science go hand in hand by making the entire process streamlined using the digital computer.
- Anything can be performed using a digital computer from requirement gathering, data storage, analysis, and computation.
- All the scientific graphs and algorithms with their definite computing capability and display are possible using any digital computer to form, making the entire process quite easy and streamlined.
- Personal computers, laptops and desktops can serve the need for scientific research.
2. Digital computer usage with industries and technical applications
- Software industries and even other industries make use of digital computers enormously, which have helped bridge the gap between non-tech savvy and tech-savvy enthusiasts.
- Digital computer, when it comes to designing any of the schema or architecture related to any program, provides a lot of tools and options to explore and make use of it as part of the project implementation.
- When it comes to software industries, they have religiously adopted and taken digital computers into consideration for any basic tasks.
- The entire software and hardware industry, in some or the other way, is dependent on the digital computer that makes the working compatibility in any form, whether it is the starting or the end product.
- An overall digital computer is made up of hardware components which make it possible for the technical applications to get run over the system, and then all the computational activities are performed on top of it.
- Even the planning, till architecting, needs a combination of the hardware and software to achieve the desired result for any activity to perform.
3. Digital computer usage with control systems
- Control systems have come to a lot of ways when it comes to computational capacities with the incorporation and blend of digital computers.
- A digital computer can perform a lot of operations and can build softwares with the help of those; the control systems can be fabricated with its utmost requirement and features.
- The designing of the control systems will again include tools that will be supported by the digital computer in one or the other way.
- This makes the entire control system more efficient and robust in terms of computation and manipulation.
- All the latest infrastructure related to home automation, home designs and drawings everything is build using software’s and tools mentioned earlier, which again constitutes the part of digital computer.
- An example includes the entire smart home concept involving automatic switch on or off, automatic car drives, robotics and many more all these involve the usage of control systems.
- Compared to analog systems, digital computers can only support any control system to drive its entire plan until the successful completion of the entire requirement or project, making it completely robust and versatile.
4. Digital computer and its usage with embedded systems and IOT
- IOT (internet of things) with a blend of embedded systems are the latest trend, and they both can do wonders when it comes to satisfy a particular need of computation.
- The digital computer has not only revolutionized the history of the present era of computation but has also revolutionized the entire era of analog to digital computation.
- Including all these themes of processing includes four major steps: input reading, saving the data into the memory, then processing the data further and making digital computer aid to it.
- Includes examples like digital washing machines, scientific calculators, digital clocks etc.
5. Digital computer and its usage with financial domain
- Money plays a pivotal role in every sphere of life, so the digital computer has evolved its root in the field of financial technology and the domain.
- Earlier transfer and money related deals only use to include physical presence where the digitization didn’t come into the picture.
- Later on, when digital computers came into existence which made the entire financial technology float and worked over systems and networks, which somehow became dependent on a digital computer.
- Example for digital computer in the financial domain includes ATM machines that have made the process of transaction digital. It takes a certain set of inputs then processes that input with the algorithms or the operations present within it, thus providing the output as money required.
The digital computer has indeed acquired and made all the spheres of human life depends on it. Everything and every component around us are somehow dependent on digitization and computation, which is nothing but digital computers’ power. So the digital computer has evolved and made its existence as never-ending till everything around gets extinct.
This is a guide to Digital Computer Uses. Here we discuss the introduction and various digital computer uses with examples, respectively. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –
- Types of Computer Cables
- Computers Output Devices
- Components of Computers
- Types of Computer Software