Introduction to Data Engineer Azure
The following article provides an outline for Data Engineer Azure. Nowadays, data is the biggest source of superpower. Gathering the relevant and appropriate data drives the business to make better decisions. Further, the correct use of data supports the enhancement in customer service. Such crucial tasks are performed by data engineers and he is the one responsible to build, implement, support the Microsoft BI solution to achieve the standard client and market requirements. They imply their knowledge of technologies, processes, applications, methods and tools to support project and client entities.
What is Data Engineer Azure?
- Azure data engineers are accountable for data-oriented implementation tasks and manage to ingest batch and streaming data, offer provisioning data storage, transform the data that implement security requirements, imply data retention policies, find obstacles in performance, solve bottleneck issues, and also has access to external data. In recent times, the number of Azure data engineers are increasing gradually. So it is mandatory to know the perquisites to become an effective Azure data engineer.
- For all flavors of data engineers, basic skills like coding, programming language, analytic skills, database management are common. The prominent skills in Azure data engineer should have a basic understanding of the evolution of the data landscape and its impact on data engineers. He should know the basic difference between cloud data solutions and on-premises. He should have strong knowledge of Azure services.
- Azure data engineers should have skills in solutions to data warehousing, ETL tools, Database systems like NoSQL and SQL, Machine learning, Python, Scala, and Java programming languages, Data APIs, understanding the basic concept of distributed systems, should have strong knowledge on data structures and algorithm.
How to Become an Azure Data Engineer?
- To become a successful data engineer in Microsoft Azure which fits the Azure data engineer associate role, he must be skilled in Azure fundamentals and also should be ready to clear two major exams to achieve the data engineer job role. Surprisingly, role-based certification is also available to become a data engineer in the Azure platform.
- The two major exams to become an Azure data engineer associate are DP-201 and DP-200. To clear the certification, he should have relevant one year of experience in the data engineering field and he should also have strong hands-on experience in Azure.
- The IT professional who wishes to upscale and upgrades his career in Azure data engineer associate can prepare well for these exams and can clear it to achieve his role. But the pay to this role is maximum and worth to his effort and hard work.
Get Certified Azure Data Engineer
- According to the latest survey, data engineering has a rapid growth. In this, the Microsoft certification had offered more benefits to the IT professionals. It offered validation, opportunities, digital badges, and salary hike. Microsoft certification is trusted by organizations and employers and it makes a standard to the professionals in the IT industry.
- Because the certification helps the hiring team to judge the professional easily as he has cleared the certification successfully which is possible by only means of expertise and knowledge. After pursuing the certification, a quarter of the people gained a 20% increase in their salary in Microsoft.
- So considering this, salary growth is the important reason to go for certification. The digital badge can be obtained from certification which highlights your resume or LinkedIn profile which attracts the attention of recruiting resources. The certification unlocks the door to go for better opportunities in many enterprises as the world is moving so fast and it is better to keep a key to show us separated among common people.
3 Tips for Exam Preparation
- To clear the certification with flying colors, we have some methods which help the people to prepare themselves. There are two exams DP-200 and DP-201. In DP-200, it covers all the topics under the implementation of Azure data solution, and in DP-201, it covers the design of Azure data solution. But, not these two exams are replaced by one exam DP-203, which costs Rs.4, 800 in India and $165 in the US. If the exam is cleared, he can achieve the certification on Microsoft Azure Data Engineer Associate. The required skills for this exam are broad and the outline is given on the Microsoft website. It explains different domains and the allotted weightage.
- The simple trick to clear the certification is to take training on Microsoft Azure data engineer, as it is recognized by industries and covers all the necessary domains. Go for a mock test and take multiple mock tests to become strong on every question. Because at times, the mock test can be effective to allot time for every topic and it shows us in which part we should be well-trained. Before that, you should have a piece of strong knowledge of every topic. There are many videos on YouTube with different people explaining different topics. So it is up to you to choose a good mentor and follows his channel. The Azure data factory video and Azure tutorial can help you to understand the concepts in Azure.
- EduCba offers you the standard tutorial in Azure data engineering fields and helps you to clear the exams by conducting various mock tests and in-person coaching. The conducted training program is led and designed by industry professionals. The team covers all the important topics required for the exam and can also aid you to achieve a good package in reputed data engineering companies.
The promising Azure data engineers should have essential capabilities to understand the data structure and algorithm. He should know SQL to understand the underlying database. He should be aware of storage and processing tools and skilled in Scala, Python, and Java which is a mandatory one. He should have understandings of big data tools like ETL, Hadoop. Apart from all the technical skills, he should also have reliable soft skills to interact with the business to take a firm decision for the betterment of the company and himself.
This is a guide to Data Engineer Azure. Here we discuss the introduction, how to become an azure data engineer? and 3 tips to prepare for exams. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –