Introduction to Cloud Computing Application
In this article, we will see an outline of Cloud Computing Application. Cloud Computing is the demanded technology in the era of the 21st Century. Here the availability of computer system resources, especially data storage and computing power, without direct active management by the user is seen to implement. Cloud Computing came into popularization with Amazon releasing its Elastic Compute Cloud product in 2006. Cloud has three types of computing-related services delivered remotely to the clients through the internet. Clients who join Cloud Computing services are entitled to a variety of benefits, depending on their business needs at a particular point of time. Cloud computing is dependent on the sharing of resources to achieve economies of scale.
Applications of Cloud Computing
Cloud computing technology has a large number of applications that are been used on daily basis for extracting several works.
1. There are several software’s which are used to host files including documents, image galleries, presentation, videos, etc. Some of them are Media Fire, Rapid Share which is quite popular. This provides a user interface where users can upload and download the files with a certain storage space allowed and file size for uploading the contents.
2. There are large numbers of free applications online like Hulu, where a user can download the video related to movies, TV shows, etc. and view on their web browser.
3. Photo Editing has been a recent trend in the Graphics and Design industry but is there any application that does your photo editing work within a few minutes or seconds without the original image been damaged. Pilxr is a trendy online photo editor tool that involves cropping an image, resizing, face effects and much more special effects included.
4. There are many URL shortening services which help us to connect to the original website when clicked. But few times it may seem harmful or malicious as hackers might affect the privacy of the user. Some popular unique URL shortening services are been registered and part of the .ly domain (adf.ly, bit.ly (formerly default for twitter)).
5. Earlier antivirus was installed in all systems to provide internet security from malware. Nowadays as the cloud is been used common, its more efficient to install antivirus on your network which will act as a secure gateway for unauthorized access or malware which may affect your system, phones, etc. Few of them which are popularly used are Malware Bytes, Symantec Endpoint Protection, ESET Endpoint Security and many more.
6. Malware Bytes, launched in 2006 is an anti-malware software that works on all platforms and works by scanning in batch modes rather than individual files.
7. Symantec Endpoint protection cloud works on cross-platform and uses intelligent threat analysis and machine learning to monitor threats on all devices.
8. For an online creation of a presentation, a web-based cloud application named slide rocket is used to create an online presentation which can be accessed anywhere in the globe.
9. Cloud Applications have been used in finding direction and locations on the web. Some of the popular applications are Google map, yahoo map.
Use Cases of Cloud Computing
Several use cases have undeniable benefits, some of them are SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Big Data Analytics, DRaaS.
- Out of the three Cloud computing categories, SaaS is one of them. SaaS is related to Application service provider and on-demand computing software delivery model. There are several SaaS applications for businesses such as email, sales management, CRM, financial management, HRM.
- IaaS is a cloud computing technology that provides virtual computing resources over the internet. Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud are a few examples of IaaS Platforms. IaaS users access resources and services through WAN.
- PaaS is a cloud computing service in which a 3rd Party provider delivers hardware and software tools. PaaS model is similar to serverless computing and FaaS (Function as a Service) architecture in which the cloud service provider manages and runs the server and controls the distribution of resources.
- Big Data Analytics is a complex process of analyzing large and varied data sets to get the desired result for better decision making of the businesses. Big Data brands companies like Amazon and Facebook collect information on consumer buying behavior like their likes, dislikes, reviews to predict future purchases and grow their businesses accordingly. The combination of cloud computing and big data techniques leverages scalable and cost-effective solutions.
- There are several advantages and benefits of Big Data Analysis in the cloud platform which are listed here: With the advancement of cloud technologies, big data analysis provides better results as the cloud helps to integrate raw data from numerous resources.
- Cloud computing is mostly used in Development and testing. Biomni, a managed service leader hosts development and testing in the cloud to create an experiment and deliver new products to clients.
- BDP International a well known global logistics provider is hosting virtual desktops in the cloud which reduces capital expenses.
- Creative solutions in Healthcare are accelerating the deployment of applications in the cloud.
- Netflix a well-named player in the US for online content streaming. It partnered with AWS (a cloud computing platform) for services and delivery of content, where the users can access the content anywhere in the world.
- The global leader in the pharmaceutical industry named Pfizer uses Amazon Virtual Private Cloud to enhance high performance for worldwide research and development.
Cloud computing is a new technological development and implemented by most of the renowned companies keeps a shade of growth in the coming years and making an impact around the globe. Using cloud computing applications and their services reduces operating costs by spending less on maintenance and software upgrades. The future of Cloud computing is far superior and powerful due to its extreme agility, accessibility, reliability, security and high performance, which makes organizations conduct their business more affordably. Still being on its initial development and growth phase, the cloud has a lot of potentials to meet its upcoming challenges and resolving them.
This is a guide to Cloud Computing applications. Here we discuss the top Applications of Cloud Computing along with its several use cases like SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, etc. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –