Updated July 3, 2023
Introduction to Cheat Sheet HTML
Elements and Content on Cheat Sheet HTML
|<p>||This tag defines a paragraph.|
|<a href=’link’>||This defines a hyperlink that links one web page to another web page. Href is the most important attribute in <a> element.|
|<div>||This tag serves as a container, hiding the implementation of other page elements.|
|<br />||The Line Break Element uses this tag to break the line.|
|<h1>||The Page Title, which is more important, uses this tag as a header element to display the heading content.|
|<h2>||The Page Title uses this tag as a header.|
|<h3>||The Tertiary Heading uses this tag as the header.|
|<h4>||This tag functions as a Quaternary Heading, serving as a header.|
|<strong>||This tag is used to display Bold Text.|
|<em>||This tag is used to display Italic Text.|
|<span>||This tag is used to display Underlined Text using the style attribute.|
|<abbr>||Use this tag to define abbreviations.|
|<iframe>||This tag is for inline framing and embeds another document in the current HTML document.|
|<q>||This tag denotes a short quotation.|
|<blockquote>||This tag is used to define a section of a quote that is quoted from another source|
|<img>||This tag is used to insert and define an image on an HTML web page.|
|HTML SEMANTIC ELEMENTS|
|<div>||This tag acts as a container tag for mentioning any HTML element inside it.|
|<span>||This tag applies grouping and styles to the elements inline.|
|<article>||This tag defines the self-contained content inside the HTML document.|
|<aside>||This tag displays a page section aside from the related section.|
|<details>||This tag shows additional information that you can hide using the extra button option.|
|<header>||This tag defines the header content of a section or document.|
|<footer>||This tag defines the footer content of its nearest or sectioning root element.|
|<nav>||This tag defines the links to other pages or parts within the same page.|
|HTML NON SEMANTIC ELEMENTS|
|<form>||This tag declares a form that contains many pairs.|
|<table>||The table on a web page is created using this tag.|
|<article>||This tag defines the self-contained composition within the HTML content.|
Free Tips and Tricks for Using Cheat Sheet HTML Commands
Here are the tips and tricks as follows:
- There are other important keywords in HTML called HTML entities used to display reserved characters in HTML. For example, if a < or > symbols are used in the text, those may be considered as angular bracket tags of HTML elements which may be misinterpreted by the HTML web page while displaying the content.
- The Cheat Sheet HTML Form requires you to define various attributes within it to collect user inputs, such as text fields, checkboxes, submit buttons, radio buttons, and more.
- The select element inside the Form element displays the dropdowns with different options using value attributes.
- The HTML5 Form elements are <datalist> and <output> tags which were recently added where the <datalist> element is used to define the list of pre-defined options as input data and the <output> tag is used to display the result of the calculation.
- Cheat Sheet HTML versions can be migrated by converting HTML 4 and HTML5 from a div element to a named element. For example, a header element in HTML 4 version is <div id=” header”> in HTML 5 version like <header>. The other tag elements, such as nav, section, article, and footer, can be done similarly.
- There are different functionalities in HTML 5, such as HTML Canvas, HTML SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics), and HTML Google Maps which are recent HTML version features as mentioned below:
|<canvas>||Use to draw graphics on a web page|
|<svg>||Use to display SVG graphics in the form of a container.|
|<div id=”map”>||Use to add Google Maps to a web page in HTML.|
- The different types of Multimedia on the web are such as audio, video, movies, animations, images, films, etc.,
- HTML APIs include Geo Location, Drag/Drop, Web Storage, Web Workers, SSE, etc., which users can utilize for geolocation positioning, dragging elements, browser-based storage, and more.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Cheat Sheet HTML” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information.