Introduction to Cheat Sheet CSS
Cascading Style Sheets, also known as CSS is a style sheet language used to describe the presentation of a document written in a markup language like HTML. It basically simplifies the process of making web pages presentable. It handles the look and feel of the web page and is used to control features of a web page like the color of the text, style of the fonts, the spacing between paragraphs, column aligning, background images and colors, and a variety of other effects. The advantages of a CSS cheat sheet are that it saves time, the pages load faster, easy maintenance, superior styles, multiple device compatibility, and Global web standards.
Commands and Content on Cheat sheet CSS
The basic syntax of the cheat sheet CSS consists of a selector and declaration components. The selector component specifies the HTML element that has to be styled. The declaration component contains two or more properties and their specifications separated by semicolons. The declaration component always starts and ends with curly braces.
Below are the Cheatsheet CSS commands mentioned which perform different kinds of operations:
|Colors||Colors are specified using predefined color names or RGB, HEX, HSL, RGBA, HSLA values.|
|Backgrounds||The background color of an element is specified by the background color property|
|Margins||Margin property sets the properties of the margins in one declaration.|
|Padding||Property for setting the padding properties in one declaration is padding.|
|Height/Width||The height and width properties are used to specify the height and width of an element.|
|Outline||The outline-style property specifies the type of outline for an element.|
|Text||The color property is used to set the color of text.|
|Fonts||The font-family property is used to set the font of the selected text.|
|Links||The text-decoration property is used to remove underlines from links and the background-color property can be used to specify the background color of links.|
|Lists||The list-style property sets the property of a list in one declaration. The list-style-image specifies an image as the list-item marker. The list-style-position specifies the position of the list-item marker. The list-style-type specifies the type of list-item marker.|
|Tables||Border sets all the border properties in one declaration. The border collapse specifies whether a border should be collapsed or not. The border-spacing the distance or spacing between adjacent cells. The caption-side specifies the placement of a table caption. The table-layout sets the algorithm for the layout of a table.|
|Display||The display property specifies whether an element is displayed and how it is displayed.|
|Max-Width||In the process of specifying the width of a block element, the usage of max-width will improve the browser’s handling of small windows.|
|Position||The position property specifies the position of an element.|
|Overflow||The overflow property controls text which is too big to fit into an area.|
|Float||The float property specifies how an element should float.|
Free Tips and Tricks of using Cheat sheet CSS Commands
Some essential tricks of cheat sheet CSS are as follows.
- Box-Model: The CSS Box-Model is essentially a box that wraps around every HTML element. It consists of margins, borders, padding, and content.
- Pseudo-Class: Is used to define a specific state of an element that involves styling an element differently when a user mouses over it, the styling of visited and unvisited links, and styling of elements that are under focus.
- Pseudo-element: Is used to style a part of an element like the first letter, word, or line. It also helps in inserting content before and after the content of an element.
- Vertical Screen height: This is to specify the extent to which the content should occupy the screen.
- Style telephone links: It specifies the properties of links that open up as telephone numbers on the phone.
- Navigation Bars: It is important for a website to have good navigation. CSS transforms boring HTML menus into good-looking navigation bars.
Cheat sheet CSS, as a website building tool, is very effective. Since the options for a better presentation of a website and adding useful features are more with CSS, it is much preferred.
This has been a guide to Cheat sheet CSS here we have discussed the content and command as well as free tips and tricks of cheat sheet CSS you may also look at the following article to learn more –
- Cheat Sheet SQL
- Top CSS Interview Questions
- CSS vs CSS3 Differences
- Interesting Cheat sheet for UNIX