Introduction to Anim8or
Anim8or is freeware software that has Open GL (graphics library) base that uses for 3D modeling as well as for animation and developed by R. Steven Glanville, who was a software engineer at NVidia on July 20, 199. You can have it from its official website which is www.anim8or.com and it is compatible with Windows operating system. Its latest version is 1.0 which is a stable version of it and was released on May 29, 2017. The best thing about this software is it is fully packed with high-quality tools which you can generally find in highly paid software. So let us now discuss other important aspects of this software so that we can have more knowledge about it.
Now let us have a look at why we need this software so that we can understand the importance of it in the 3D modeling and animation field.
Why do we need Anim8or?
As we know Anim8or is 3D modeling and animation software so it allows us to make animation in a very effective way and you can recreate or edit elements, figures, or objects of that animation any time directly on your computer’s screen. It is 3D software so you will have four viewports that is Front viewport, Right/left viewport, Top viewport, and Perspective viewport among which you can easily switch with short cut keys. You will have two toolbar panels in it one is at the top which has general commands and the other is at the left side of the viewport window screen for editing work and this configuration of two tool panels also helps in working with this software.
The next point of this software which we discuss is the working procedure of it. We are discussing it so that you can have an idea about how it can help us in 3d modeling as well as the animation of it.
How Anim8or works?
It works on all four viewpoints of a 3D model that means you can create a 3D model of any object by managing that model from Top view, Front view, Left /Right view at the same time. Along with these three views port, you can also see the perspective view of your designed model in perspective viewport which is the 3D view. It gives you navigation tools for moving, rotating, scaling your designed object. It has the ability to work on .3DS, VTX, C, and.OBJ exported file format and it can also work with additional plugins of it which enhance its working ability in a different aspect.
Now after discussing the working of it let us analyze the pros and corn of this software so that you can have an idea about how much it is beneficial for you.
Advantages and disadvantages of Anim8or
When you start working with this software you will find some good things about it or some bad things so let us analyze both of this term.
We have a number of advantages of this software but we will have a look at some important advantages which maybe help full for you regarding this topic.
- The first advantage which we will discuss is its User Interface. In its User interface, you will find many helpful features such as you can change the theme of the interface to dark gray background color mode which helps us in proper visibility of the designed model or character on viewport window screen of this software. You can find this dark gray color background arrangement in the latest version of it.
- The next advantage of it is that we can increase or decrease icons of tools in the tool panel according to our requirement which helps users of the touch-screens system in the proper handling of that tools.
- The third advantage of this software is you can do anti-aliasing in 3D view if you have an adequate graphics chip and this anti-aliasing will offer you good control on the thickness of lines of your model.
Now after discussing advantages of this software i is necessary to discuss the disadvantage of it too. So let us see it.
As we know everything has pros and cons so this software is also some disadvantages which are as follows:
- The first disadvantage of this software is you can face limitations in some areas of work during using it and also it is less useful for some specific tasks in comparison with other 3D molding software.
- The second disadvantage of it is that it can’t perform several vital tasks of design so it is less preferable by some people as a professional 3D modeling application.
- The third disadvantage of this software is when you use the Navigation tool it may take time to open it in the object window and one more problem with it is that no light source available in this software.
Now let us also get through the career opportunities which we can get after learning Anim8or.
Career path for Anim8or
It is very good free software for 3D modeling and animation you can use it for start your learning in 3D modeling and animation but some of people using it for their professional work but it is not much popular as other 3D modeling and animation software. If you have good patience you can create very effective work in it.
Now the next term which we analyze in our sequence of Anim8or software is it Usage.
Usage of Anim8or
It is used for the design of 3D models and for animating them. The 3D models may be machinery parts, characters of cartoons, and many other 3D models can design by it. We use it for animating these models for getting their final result as our output.
These were some essential points of Anima8or which we discussed above for getting knowledge about it.
Now going through this article you can easily explain what anim8or is? And what are important aspects of it which are necessary for our better understanding about this topic? Now you are free to decide whether it if good software for you as 3D modeling or animation software or not.
This is a guide to Anim8or. Here we discuss the Introduction, Why do we need Anim8or? How Anim8or works? and Advantages and disadvantages of Anim8or. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –