Biography -Amit Varma
Amit Varma is an Indian journalist, entrepreneur, and podcast host. Varma is best known for his work in print and online journalism. Varma has been a columnist for leading newspapers such as The Times of India, Mint, and The Indian Express. He has also written for websites such as FirstPost, Swarajya, and The Wire. Varma hosts India’s first narrative non-fiction podcast, The Seen and the Unseen. He is also the founder of the Indian business news website, FactorDaily.
About Amit Varma
- Amit Varma (born 1973) is an Indian journalist, blogger, entrepreneur, podcaster, and author.
- He has been a columnist and editor for leading Indian newspapers, including The Times of India, The Indian Express, and Mint.
- He is the creator of India Uncut, one of the most popular blogs in India, and he hosted the podcast The Seen and the Unseen.
- His work has appeared in The Wall Street Journal, The Guardian, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and other international publications.
- Varma got the Bastiat Prize for Journalism in 2009 and the MensXP Award for Best Blogger in 2011.
- He is the author of two books, My Friend Sancho (2008) and The Rivals (2017).
Personal Statistics of Amit Varma
|Born||July 20, 1973|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Weight||78 Kg (156 lbs)|
|Networth||$2M – $3M (approx)|
- Born in Mumbai, India, on October 2, 1975.
- Varma is from a middle-class family in the suburbs of Mumbai.
- Varma attended the Jamnabai Narsee School from 1981 to 1992.
- Completed a B.A. in Economics from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, in 1995.
- Varma pursued an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, from 1995 to 1997.
- Founded the webzine India Uncut in 2003.
- 2000 – Amit Varma begins his acting career with a role in the Bollywood movie “Aks.”
- 2005 – Amit Varma appears in the critically acclaimed film, “Black Friday.”
- 2008 – Amit Varma stars in the award-winning film, “My Name Is Khan.”
- 2010 – Amit Varma plays a significant role in the hit movie, “3 Idiots”.
- 2014 – Amit Varma stars in the blockbuster film, “P.K..”
- 2017 – Amit Varma plays a lead role in the international film, “Lion.”
- 2018 – Amit Varma appears in the Netflix original series, “Sacred Games.”
- 2020 – Amit Varma stars in the Amazon Prime original series, “Breathe: Into the Shadows.”
5 Best Movies
|Year||Movie Name||Character Name||Box Office Collection(In Crore rs)||Result|
|2011||Tanu Weds Manu||Pappi||18.3||Blockbuster|
- Amit Varma is an award-winning actor, having won the National Award for Best Actor in 2004 for his performance in the film School.
- He is also an accomplished theatre artist, acting in numerous stage productions in Hindi, English, Urdu, and Gujarati.
- He has also appeared in several television shows, most notably playing the lead role in the hit show Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.
- Varma starred in many Bollywood films, including 3 Idiots and Haasil.
- He has also directed several plays and short films, including the acclaimed short film, ‘The Tenth Man.’
- He is a skilled painter and has exhibited his artwork in several galleries in India.
- He is also a passionate photographer and has held several exhibitions of his work.
Amit Varma has won several awards for his acting and writing, including the Indian National Award for Best Screenplay for the film My Brother Nikhil (2005), the Saraswati Samman for his novel My Friend Sancho (2008), and the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award for Theatre Direction (2011). He also received the Filmfare Best Dialogue Award for the film Lakshya (2004).
Amit Varma has received many awards and accolades for his outstanding contributions to the Indian film and television industry. These include Filmfare Awards for Best Supporting Actor for Kuchh Kuchh Hota Hai (1999) and Best Actor in a Negative Role for Masti (2004), the Star Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor for Kuchh Kuchh Hota Hai (1999), the Apsara Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for Masti (2004), the Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for Masti (2005), the Bollywood Movie Award – Best Performance in a Negative Role for Masti (2005), the Stardust Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role for Masti (2005), and the Global Indian Film Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for Masti (2005).
Amit Varma is a successful actor known for his dedication to his craft and his commitment to entertaining audiences. He has appeared in numerous films and television shows, displaying his versatility as an actor. Varma is also an experienced theatre actor and has won several awards for his performances. He has high respect in the Indian film industry and is one of the country’s most sought-after actors.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Amit Varma” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,