Introduction to Advantages of C
C language was developed by Dennis Ritchie in bell labs in the 1970s such that the utilities on Unix could be created. It was later applied for the usage of the re-implementation of the Unix operating system kernel. It is among the most widely and popularly used light-weighted computer programming language. C programming language has many advantages and we are going to discuss the same in this post. This procedural language is also imperative in nature which was designed to be compiled by using a generic compiler which can be used to provide a low level of accesses to the memory in order to provide minimal runtime support and also the one which efficiently maps to machine level of instructions. This language was used to perform many capabilities which are mainly related to cross browsing. The language can be used in inter-operating mode on a wide variety of computer platforms by just making small changes in the source code of the language and therefore the language is available on many platforms ranging from many microcontrollers to supercomputers.
What is C?
C language is a general-purpose language that is also imperative in nature and supports a structured kind of programming along with lexical scopes and other techniques such as recursion whereas a static system type is used to prevent the unintended operations. As a part of the design, the C language provides the constructs which are used to map the typical machine level instructions efficiently and also has a primary level of usage in the assembly level language. The applications of this language include the creation and development of software such as operating systems and also various application levels of software which are computer specific and ranges from a wide array of embedded systems to supercomputers.
Advantages of C Programming
- The fixed and small number of keywords present in the full set of control flow primitives and therefore the user names are not distinguished from the keywords.
- There are a huge number of arithmetic, logic and bitwise operators
- A single statement can be used to perform more than one kind of assignment.
- The return values can be ignored when they are not in use.
- The weakly enforced static typing makes the implicit conversions possible.
- The language of C has no defined keywords and therefore it is termed as a declarative language
- User-defined type-def keyword and other levels of compound statements are also possible.
- The typed pointers can be used to convert the low level of machine level language.
- Procedures provide an un-typed return type void.
- The functions can be defined outside the lexicon scope of functions.
- The concept of run-time polymorphism can also be used in the case of C language.
- The preprocessor is used to perform the macro level of definitions including the source code file inclusion and also by making use of conditional compilation
- The basic form of modularity which is present in the C language can be used to transfer the files separately and can be used to link together by providing control over data objects and functions which are visible to other files as well.
- Complex functionality such as input-output string manipulation and other mathematical functions which constantly delegate to other library routines.
- C is a middle level of language which is used to combine the features of both high level and low-level language. It is widely popular to be used in all low-level programming such as in the case of programming microcontrollers and drivers. It is also used for mainly writing scripts for computer-based software and utilities. This is also used to provide support for the scripting for high-level programming language and applications, etc.
- This advantage of C is a strongly structured which can be used to break down the complex piece of code into smaller and simpler chunks which are called as functions. The data movement is also free to move across these functions.
- The different features of C include the direct access to the machine level of hardware application programming interfaces which happens in the presence of C compilers.
- C language is a case sensitive language which means the meaning of both the lowercase and the uppercase letters are different in this language.
- C is a highly portable language that is used to script system based applications forming a majority part of Windows, Linux and Unix operating systems.
- It can efficiently work on the enterprise level of applications and products. Due to its lightweight property and nature, it is used in many operating systems and low level of coding utilities such as drivers and essential software files.
- C programming language is a rich library that is used to provide a number of built-in functions. This is also used to offer a dynamic level of memory allocation.
- C is used to implement data structures and algorithms swiftly thereby facilitating faster and quicker computations in programs. This has made the usage of C more popular in many high-level languages such as Mathematica and Matlab.
Due to these introduction and fundamental levels of advantages of C, this C programming language has become one of the most dominant and spread more quickly and fastly beyond just Bell labs and has therefore replaced many languages such as PASCAL, COBOL, FORTRAN, B, PL/I, etc. This C programming language is used to provide a wide array of features on many platforms from supercomputers to microcontrollers. This highly portable language is often the most prominent level of choice to be used in devices, gadgets and for all the environments requiring multi-app support and development. This extensive rich library in this language is used to provide many lightweight features and is also most widely used in games too. It also exhibits the property of object-oriented nature and therefore competes with many high-level programming languages such as C++ and Java too in some aspects. There are many advantages of this language, its all upon the use and requirements of the company and the project.
Conclusion – Advantages of C
C language can be used in inter-operating mode on a wide variety of computer platforms. The applications of this language include the creation and development of software such as operating systems and also various application levels of software. C language provides the constructs which are used to map the typical machine-level instructions efficiently and also has a primary level of usage in the assembly level language.
This has been a guide on the Advantages of C programming. Here we discuss the basic concept, introduction, and benefits of the C programming language. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –