Difference Between Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere
Video technology is the electronic medium of recording, storing and playing of moving visuals. From the year of 1951 where the first video tape recorder captured live images, video technology established to a wide area. Many technologies have been introduced in this field which makes a video capturing easy and can be done by anyone with a small device in hand. Video editing is the process of editing the video after capturing. Video editing includes various applications like adding special effects & audio, rearranging the video segments, improve the quality of video etc.
In this segment, we are providing you a comparison among the two most popular video editing software Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe premiere based on different factors. Before us going to the comparison, let us have a basic idea about both Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe premiere software packages.
Vegas Pro is a video editing software package founded by Sonic Foundry, then by Sony Creative Software and presently by Magix. It is a non-linear video editing (NLE) software. In this method when a non-edited video file is transferred to a computer hard disk, it can be possible to edit it independently of its linear order without considering space for intermediate scenes. Vegas pro is suitable to operate on almost any standard windows’ computer across a broad range of hardware. Also its entry-level cost software with some good editing features and certain add-ons that can be attached to improve the performance. Since it’s relatively cheaper software, many people including beginners to professionals are using it.
Adobe Premiere is one of the first Non-linear video editing software found by Adobe Systems. Presently, it is known as premiere pro and which is the redesigned successor to adobe premiere. It was first introduced in the year 1991 and which was available in Mac platform. From its 1st version, a total of 28 versions have been published till date. Premiere Pro CC 2019 is the latest version which was released on 15th October 2018. Adobe premiere offers the best video editing features and quality than any other software.
Head To Head Comparison Between Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere (Infographics)
Below is the top 8 difference between Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere:
Key Differences between Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere
Both Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere performance are recommended options in the business. Let us examine some of the key difference between Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere:
- Sony Vegas Pro is more user-friendly and easier tool as compared to Adobe Premiere. Premiere has a workflow which is more professional than Vegas pro. Adobe premiere suggests using more supporting tools available in adobe creative cloud for better performance. At the same time, Vegas pro does not recommend such add-ons software and it is all in one package.
- Another important difference between Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere software is the platforms they are supporting. Sony Vegas Pro is designed to perform only in the Windows operating system while Adobe premiere supports both Windows and Mac operating system.
- Users can purchase Vegas pro at a price of $199 and it is available only as a one-time settlement. Adobe Premiere is available for a monthly subscription of $19 and provides annual subscription.
- Other important differences between this are the complexity of the User interface. Adobe Premiere is more complex and not user-friendly as compared to the interface of Vegas pro.
- There are many famous movies that have been made using Adobe premiere and none with Sony Vegas Pro. This shows the professional impact of Adobe premiere over Vegas pro.
- As we take a look at the specifications we cannot find any difference but Premiere has more advanced audio and effect modules. However, Sony Vegas Pro has an easier workflow and will be a better option for beginners.
- Adobe Premiere can support twice the number of formats as compared to Vegas pro and the premier has real-time playback option which saves a lot of time and reduce workload.
Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere Comparison Table
Let’s look at the top Comparison between Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere –
|The basis of comparison between Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere||
Sony Vegas Pro
|Definition||Vegas Pro is a non-linear video editing software package founded by Sonic Foundry, then by Sony Creative Software and presently by Magix.||Adobe Premiere is a powerful, feature-rich, cross-platform non-linear editing application found by Adobe Systems.|
|Features||• User-friendly interface and workflow.
• Affordable price
• ProType Titling technology
• It features integration with 24p DV
• It supports scripting technology
• Support High Dynamic Range (HDR) color.
• Allows Motion tracking
• Latest versions of Vegas pro included 360° editing.
• Multicamera editing
• Provides ACES 1.0 support.
|• Simple and clean interface
• Produce broadcast quality & high definition videos
• Integrated and smoother workflow
• Impressive Virtual Reality (VR) support
• Support more native video file format
• Allows opening multiple projects simultaneously.
• VR audio editing
• Provides Lumetri support
• Periodic updates with new technologies.
|User community||Beginners, Professionals, Film enthusiasts, small-scale enterprises.||Small Enterprises, large enterprises, professionals and film production houses.|
|Supporting platform||Windows||Windows and Mac|
|Pricing type||One time payment||Monthly payment/Annual subscription|
|Integrations||VEGAS Pro works with Open Effects Association Platform and NewBlueFX.||Adobe Premiere Pro integrates with Microsoft Teams and other Adobe products.|
|Versions||Total of 21 versions released, from Vegas beta in 1999 to Vegas Pro -16 in 2018||Total 28 versions, from Adobe premiere 1.0 in 1991 to Premiere Pro-CC-19 in 2018|
Conclusion – Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere
At the end when we conclude, we have got two master video editing programs. In one end we have Sony Vegas, an instinctive piece of a package which helps you to do your work quick and hassle-free. In the other end, we have Adobe Premiere, a more professional looking package that provides you more editing freedom with the help of additional features of the external software.
4.5 (693 ratings)
We can say that both Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere software’s is good at one thing or other. Both Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere perform well and providing complete satisfaction to the end users. While Sony Vegas pro deals everything all in one approach, Adobe premiere can be taken even further by its integration with other software like Photoshop or After effects from Adobe family.
Since the features and usage differ for each application and user, it is difficult to declare which one is better. When we conclude, it is not about which software is the best, but rather which one is best for you.
This has a been a guide to the top difference between Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere. Here we also discuss the Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –
- Adobe Illustrator vs Adobe Photoshop
- Uses Of Photoshop
- Adobe Photoshop vs GIMP
- QuarkXPress Vs InDesign
- Amazing Difference between Photoshop and Affinity Photo
- Photoshop vs Paint: What are the Differences
- After Effect Vs Cinema 4D: What are the Comparison
- Maya vs Aztec vs Inca: What are the Differences