Updated June 29, 2023
What is Adobe Audition CC?
Adobe Audition CC works on editing digital audio, and we can consider it a digital audio workstAdobe Inc. developed it be Inc. on August 18, 2003. There are several advanced features in this software. With their help, we can change our audio files and get the best output. Today I will tell you how you can start using this software and a few features of its latest version. I will also give you an overview of its step and pricing. So let us begin our discussion.
Adobe Audition CC – Latest Version
Before we go through other important aspects of this software, let me give you an overview of some other facts about the Adobe audition. This digital audio workstation is available in 9 languages, making it easy to work with. It has compatibility with several operating systems, such as Windows 10 or its later versions, Mac OS or its later versions, x86-64, and ARM64. Its latest version is Adobe Audition 2023, released in March 2023. You can visit its official website for information about other details of it.
How to Use Adobe Audition CC?
I am sure you are now curious about how to use this software for recording and editing your audio file. So let us start our discussion about it.
It will open like this once you start it the first time after installation. This is its welcome screen.
Now, this is the user interface of this software. At the top is a Menu bar section with menus such as File, Edit, Multitrack, etc. These menu tabs have several options that help our editing and recording work.
Below this menu bar, we have three sections. On which left side, we have a details panel where we can see our files and some other things; at the center, we have a display window in which we can see our editing or recording work; on the right side, we have a panel for some other parameters set, below to this section there is History panel at the bottom left in which we can see what changes we have applied to our currently opened audio, next to it in the center we have Levels for recorded audio.
For creating any new audio file for recording purposes, you can go with the new option of the unique-down list in the File menu. There are three options for different purposes. I will select Audio files for this time.
Once you select it, you will have this dialog box. You can set the basic parameters of your audio from it.
Once you click on the ok button, you will have the center section parameters enabled. Now you can start recording your audio.
If you want to open any audio file, go to the File menu again and choose the Open option from its drop-down list.
Once you select this option, you will have this dialog box for choosing your desired file.
Once you select it, it will open like this.
Now you can apply effects or start editing your imported file. To make any change in your imported file, you have to select it, so for selecting, make double like on the audio wave area like this. Once you select it, it will convert the whole area into white. You can also press the Ctrl + A button to select the entire area as all select shortcut keys.
If you want to select any particular section, do it with the mouse cursor. Just click on the starting point of the area you want to select, and then by holding the mouse cursor, drag the cursor in the direction of the site you want to select.
Now there are many edit settings that you can do in your imported file, such as you can apply effects from the Effects menu and so on.
You have to learn many more things to have good knowledge about this software. Here I have given you just a basic introduction to using this software.
New Features of Adobe Audition CC
Now let us have a look on what are the new features that are added to this software to enhance its property of it.
- Audition for Apple M1 ARM: Now, Audition can run on Apple M1 in the improved manner of recording, mixing, and giving us high-quality audio. The exciting features in this category are faster audio effects rendering and mixdowns and almost real-time updates in Spectral Display Editor.
- Strip Silence: With this feature, we can not only identify but also remove identified silent or inactive regions of selected areas of recorded audio, and the best part is that during removing quiet regions, there will be no loss of synchronization in selected multitrack audio. This feature helps us clean up voice recordings, interviews, and multitrack editing such as audio documentaries or podcasts. With Strip Silence, we can adjust parameters for unique scenarios, which may include noisy backgrounds, different levels of volume between candidates, and so on.
Setup and Pricing of Adobe Audition CC
There are several pricing options available for the product/service you mentioned.
1. The monthly subscription plan is priced at $31.49 per month. (cancel anywhere with no fee)
2. For an annual subscription, you have two choices:
- Pay $20.99 monthly, which amounts to $251.88 for the year. (no fee applies if you cancel before Jun 02)
- Make a one-time payment of $239.88 for the entire year. (Full refund if you cancel before Jun 02)
Additionally, there is another package called Creative Cloud All Apps 100GB, which offers more features. Here are the pricing details for this package:
1. The monthly subscription plan is priced at $82.49 per month. (cancel anywhere with no fee)
2. The monthly subscription plan for Creative Cloud All Apps 100GB is $54.99 monthly. (no fee applies if you cancel before Jun 02)
3. For an annual subscription, you have the following option:
- Pay $599.88 as a one-time payment for the entire year. (Full refund if you cancel before Jun 02)
Now I think you know all the essential aspects of this software, and this information is enough to understand adobe audition and start using it. Now I suggest you go with seven days trial version of this software and start working with it to know more about it.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Adobe Audition CC” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information.