Updated July 4, 2023
Difference Between Zendesk vs Freshdesk
Customer service solution software that supports a ticketing system mainly used for tracking, prioritizing, and solving customer interactions defines Zendesk. Therefore, Zendesk can be described as a straightforward customer support system. Many of the world’s organizations use this Zendesk, which will improve customer relationships with this responsive support. Freshdesk is also a cloud-based customer support software system that usually includes a self-service portal for end-users and engaging the customer community; it provides the community platform, which also supports multiple support channels such as live chat, phone, emails, etc. In this topic, we are going to learn about Zendesk vs Freshdesk.
Head-to-Head Comparison Between Zendesk vs Freshdesk (Infographics)
Below are the top differences between Zendesk and Freshdesk
Key Differences Between Zendesk and Freshdesk
Below are the key differences between Zendesk and Freshdesk:
- Introduction and features: Zendesk provides help desk solutions for supporting customers across multiple channels such as emails, chatting, social media messages, and knowledge base creation. Whereas Freshdesk also provides a help desk software solution for supporting customers across phone calls, email, ticket ordering, live chat widgets, and a self-service knowledge base.
- Pricing: Zendesk offers 30 days of the free trial plan, and it grows with $19 for small teams, $49 for medium number of customer support, $99 for large teams, $199 for enterprise level. Whereas Freshdesk offers 21 days of a free trial plan, it grows with $15 for small teams, $35 for medium teams, $49 for large teams, and $99 for enterprise level. So from this, we can make out that Freshdesk provides the best pricing for any customer service support than Zendesk.
- Integration: Zendesk can integrate with Facebook, HubSpot CRM, Joomla, Jira, Mailchimp, etc., where it cannot integrate with Freshdesk. Whereas Freshdesk can integrate with Facebook, Jira, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, etc., it cannot integrate with Joomla, HubSpot CRM, or Freshdesk.
- When to choose which support software: Zendesk can be opted for when we need customer support software with features like a robust enterprise feature list, with more native integrations, when required more complex reporting & analytics, with solid functionalities. To achieve a unified view of customer experience, we need to select Freshdesk. To prioritize cost-effectiveness in choosing customer service, we need top-class support.
- Platform supported: Zendesk and Freshdesk support Web-based, Android app, iPhone app platforms, or OS can be supported for customer service solution support.
Zendesk vs Freshdesk Comparison Table
Let’s see some more differences between Zendesk vs Freshdesk through a comparison table for a clear understanding:
|1||It is an American company which is headquartered in San Francisco, USA. This is a software company that provides customer service solution software which was launched in the year 2007.||It is an Indian company headquartered in Chennai. This is a cloud-based software that supports customer services that was launched in the year 2010.|
|2||Zendesk provides the most basic pricing plan, which costs only $9 monthly. In Zendesk, we can buy separate or individual tools as per the use instead of the whole tool, where only 35% off.||Freshdesk provides the most basic plan that costs only $19 per month. If we compare the cost of purchasing the entire Freshdesk suite with Zendesk tools, Freshdesk is cheaper.|
|3||Zendesk provides knowledge base features that range from localization to bot integration with a Zendesk guide tool containing great and rich features.||Freshdesk is considered knowledge management software, one of the best help center features, is multilingual and includes a few search engine optimization features.|
|4||Zendesk provides a helpdesk feature that is best among any tool in the market as their ticketing feature is great, which can convert the customer’s chats, emails, and social media requests into tickets where they can be prioritized to solve them if any issues occur.||Freshdesk also provides a help desk that works smoothly; this also can convert customers’ every chat, email, or calls into tickets that can be prioritized and solved if any issues occur. The Freshdesk can connect the help desk channel to customers’ Twitter and Facebook pages and get customer requests from these.|
|5||This helpdesk provides a customer support team to gather all the issues at one place from any disconnected channels and put them together into one single or central place so that they can be prioritized and the action to solve will be listed accordingly.||The Freshdesk help desk provides this gathering of tickets automatically, which can also set priority to the tickets, follow up on tickets, and many other tasks to run the support service.|
|6||Zendesk provides chat widgets that are a bit outdated in design and limited options for customization; it also provides some features like live chat analytics, automated triggers, shortcuts, etc.||Freshdesk also provides a chat widget that looks better than Zendesk, but if we want a live chat, we need to buy the Freshchat tool, which is separate from the Freshdesk tool. This also provides features like triggered and in-app messages inside the chat widget, tracking of the events such as last visited pages, etc.|
|7||It offers integration with companies like eBay and Amazon marketplaces; besides, it offers tools such as autoresponders for both and multilingual support to Amazon. There are many other channels also where they provide integrations also.||It also offers integration with eBay and Amazon marketplaces, providing a dispatch tool for setting up some advanced triggers, which are based on the order and data of these companies. Freshdesk provides some other channels also offering integration.|
|8||Zendesk provides reporting capabilities such as displaying the metrics on a dashboard, detailed report display, metric comparison of each industry, and tracking of help centers using these metrics.||Freshdesk provides reporting functionalities such as agent performance reports, reports that display ticket tracking, SLA metrics, timing spent on each ticket, and customer satisfaction surveys.|
|9||It provides SSL certificates and digital signatures for security purposes.||This also provides SSL certificates and digital signatures for security.|
|10||Zendesk does not support ITIL.||Freshdesk supports ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library).|
This article concludes that Zendesk and Freshdesk are nearly the same customer service support software and the most common features. Though Zendesk is more popular, the pricing is a bit high, and also, there, it does not provide ITIL, so if we do not need these features, we can go for Freshdesk. So if we consider these two features, then Freshdesk is better than Zendesk.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Zendesk vs Freshdesk” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information.