Introduction to WPF Interview Questions and Answers
WPF stands for Windows Presentation Foundation. It is one of the key graphical representations of any kind of windows-based system, which is utilised to render any kind of user interface for a windows-based application. It is especially used in the .net framework and very common questions in a .NET interview.
If you are looking for a job related to WPF, you need to prepare for the 2021 WPF Interview Questions. Every interview is indeed different as per the different job profiles. Here, we have prepared the important WPF Interview Questions and Answers, which will help you succeed in your interview.
In this 2021 WPF Interview Questions article, we shall present the 10 most important and frequently asked WPF Interview questions. These questions are divided into two parts are as follows:
Part 1 – WPF Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic WPF Interview Questions and Answers.
Q1. Explain in details about Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) to understand proper using of the same in the case of the .NET framework?
WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) is a popular framework used by the .NET developer for designing and presenting proper user interfaces, images, movies, and documents in any desktop application developed on the Windows platform.
Q2. Given more details about the utility available in using WPF in .NET or any Windows-based desktop application, why does windows form not replace the same?
Normally WPF follows some of the key features like the below, which mainly make it separate from others, replacing methodology like windows form.
- WPF designed dot net code can be executed anywhere like windows or the web.
- WPF framework helps the developer write less codebase, which means it is always maintaining a very good binding of a different codebase.
- Using some common kinds of styles or resources, look and feel will be almost the same for an entire application.
- Followed one strong declarative programming style like XAML.
- Helpful for any kind of animation presentation; it always is an expression blend in the case of an animation presentation.
- It helps accelerate the performance of any hardware, which helps in the code’s fast execution.
- It is working as an independent resolution, so it always avoiding dependency on graphical hardware.
Let us move to the next WPF Interview Questions.
Q3. Explain about XAML, which is very much popular for those developers who are using WPF for developing one desktop application in windows. Give a proper example for a utility of XAML?
The WPF framework is always being defined by introducing one specific XML file name is XAML, which is used to represent designing proper WPF UI. Now, this XML representation helps a lot for the developer. If the developer defines the UI representation properly in the XML file like XAML, it can be easily reused anywhere, whether it is a window or a web application. So XAML in WPF always is defined as ‘write once and run them anywhere. It is one of the key utility of using XAML for declaring WPF properly. So it will be very much effective for the developer for using the same, as some kind of XAML UI can be rendered easily in if the windows application whether a developer can easily reuse the same anywhere on the web.
Q4. Explain about XMLNS, which is one of the key tag using in the XAML file. Give some code example of defining the same?
These are the basic WPF Interview Questions asked in an interview. Xmlns is normally using for identifying some namespace in a proper XML file like XAML. It mainly helps the developer avoid conflict in the name or definition of one XML file. Suppose we are willing to define two tablets in the same HTML file, considering one HTML file containing one employee details table. Another HTML file contains information regarding employee salary. Some UI presentation developer needs to merge them and prepare one HTML file that holds both of them; in this case, there is some possibility of conflicting the name, so a developer can define xmlns for identifying it.
Q5. Provide some clear differentiation between two popular tags XMLNS and XMLNS: X, which are using in define WPF configuration?
The functionality of both the tags is actually forgiven namespace. Here XMLNS is using a default namespace that can be utilized for resolving overall available WPF elements. Whereas the 2nd namespace XMLNS: X is using for resolving the definition of the XAML language.
Part 2 – WPF Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced WPF Interview Questions.
Q6. Given some popular example with code snippet of using “xmlns:x” for defining the specific namespace in the XAML file at the time of configuring WPF?
There has normally two popular examples where a developer is following using xmlns:x tag very frequently. The example of those are given below:
- Sometimes a developer needs to write some code that will work behind normal UI view code. In that case, the developer using the xmlns:x tag very frequently in the case of utilizing the x: class attribute.
<page xmlns = “….”
Xmlns = “….”
x:Class = “….”
- Secondly, the developer may use it in case of providing one specific name of the UI element.
<StackPanel x:Name = “….”
Q7. Provide a clear difference between two popular tags, “x: name” and “name”, identify where a need to use those appropriately?
There don’t have any such proper difference between x: name and name; both are absolutely the same, just with some different representation. But some cases where classes do not define any kind of name property, in that case, a developer may habituate to use x: name property instead of that.
Let us move to the next WPF Interview Questions.
Q8. Explain details about entire define controls in case of WPF define for any developer on the .NET platform to develop a desktop application in windows based platform?
WPF controls can be defined in 4 categories:
- Control: Basic control, which normally requires for designing UI like text box, buttons etc.
- Shape: For maintaining graphical presentation like eclipse, rectangle, round etc.
- Panel: For alignment and positioning of specific UI elements.
- Dynamic Control: Using for presenting some dynamic control inside the WPF UI.
Q9. Explain the entire object hierarchy of WPF configuration in developing a desktop-based application in the windows platform.
This is the most asked WPF Interview Question in an interview. Object a Dispatcher a Dependency à Visual an Element of UI an Element of the framework
- Object: Represents.Net object class.
- Dispatcher: Ensuring thread safety, used by one thread of presenting WPF UI object.
- Dependency: Maintaining dependency between two WPF object in the same UI.
- Visual: Maintaining visual representation of WPF UI.
- An element of UI: Implementing events, layout or input.
- An element of Framework: Implementing style, resources, and bindings of UI elements.
Q10. Is it possible to replace DirectX by using WPF in the proper manner?
No WPF is still not that much advance for replacing DirectX. DirectX is still very much required to prepare any kind of cutting-edge game or prepare some high-definition video. The high-definition video performance is much better in DirectX compare to WPF.
This has been a guide to the list of WPF Interview Questions and Answers. Here, we have listed the most useful 10 interview sets of questions so that the jobseeker can crack the interview with ease. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –