Updated February 18, 2023
Definition of WordPress Website Builder
A WordPress Website Builder is defined as a WordPress tool or a program introduced for creating and designing websites where the code part is not involved. This WordPress feature allows the development of beautiful web pages without editing any code within the core files. This Website builder performs its function to create a website using the drag and drop feature. Not having any need for support or any prior knowledge, one can easily build a website.
- With every website builder, hosting will be included so there is no requirement to configure it once you have the domain name.
- But with a website builder, unlike WordPress, you cannot export or shift the website to other hosts. It means that if one needs to leave then it should be rebuilt from scratch.
- Website builder provides a seamless, smooth process to build up a website with no coding required.
Best WordPress Website Builders
From so many types of plugins of WordPress Website builders available in the market, here is a list of some best ones:
This premium WordPress theme plus page builder plugin allows the user to make custom wordpress themes by the drag and drop visual builder but not the code. It lets you select from many pre-made layouts and templates and design beautiful websites from scratch. It supports website speed for SEO and email marketing. SeedProd website builder provides several options such as social profiles, contact forms, content blocks, countdown timers, buttons, etc.
2. Beaver Builder
One of the most popular WordPress plugins using drag and drop page builder is introduced having a live drag & drop interface, where you can view the changes you will make during the website design. The modules present adds everything you want like carousel, sliders, content blocks, backgrounds, and buttons.
It is known to be an extremely simple to use and professional type drag and drop website builder theme. This WordPress plugin contains many layout packs designed for different styles of websites using the true visual editor i.e. WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).
4. Elementor Pro
In the field of website builder, this Elementor is said to be the most powerful one in terms of drag and drop page builder which operates live. Using sections, you can easily select the number of columns and from the left panel, you can drag and drop widgets to the section. These widgets include sliders, images, text, advanced accordions, icons, social media, testimonials, tabs, and much more with their respective settings.
5. Visual Composer Website Builder
This is one of the user-friendly type website builders for creating custom web pages and layouts quickly. It consists of a drag and drop option, professional templates, out of box content elements, and at last a host of full robust features for developing a website.
6. Themify Builder
It is a built-in Themify Builder offered with the popular WordPress theme Themify which is easy to use and extremely in-built type page builder introduced with various ready-to-use modules. These modules can be simply added to the web pages or posts. Also, several layouts can be installed by importing it.
How to Create WordPress Website Builder?
Today, every business requires a well-designed, functional, and professional website to advertise and attract customers.
Let us discuss some of the steps to create WordPress Website Builder as follows:
- Selecting the domain name: First of all, you need to register a proper domain related to your business website so that visitors can access it.
- Selecting the web hosting plan: Next, you need to choose a good hosting provider to host the website that will save all the website files with WordPress install plus add-ons.
- Setting up WordPress: After you have logged in to your hosting account, you can install WordPress through cPanel by clicking on the WordPress icon. Then, go to the WordPress dashboard and view the WordPress site.
- Install elementor or any other website builder plugins: Next step is to move on to the plugins page in the WordPress dashboard to add a new plugin. Type the plugin name, press enter, install the page builder plugin and activate it such as Elementor, Divi, Visual Composer, etc. Now, go to the Appearance option and then themes and install the related theme, and activate it.
- Selecting a business template kit: This includes distinct sets of templates for a fully developed website such as Header and Footer, Blog Archive, 404 page, Single Page, Single Post, Popup, and more. It is provided by creative marketplaces like ThemeForest and Envato.
- Customize template kit: After creating a page with Kit installation, one can simply implement the drag and drop feature to customize the page layout comprising of the logo, images, social icons, links, menu, etc.
- Publishing the website: Finally, if your website is completely prepared and ready to live with proper design, functions, and interface then you can publish it. Next, you can view your website.
WordPress Website Builder Themes
Following are some website builder themes that help to focus on search and to define the terms dynamic content and singles:
- Elementor Pro: It has occupied over 5 million websites making it the most popular one WordPress builder theme. It has a visual drag and drop builder with responsive controls, WooCommerce integration, SEO, templates, popup builder, etc.
- Thrive theme builder: It is new to this but an actual WordPress theme not a plugin. It contains drag and drops with responsive controls, setup wizard, WooCommerce, etc.
- Brizy Pro: It has quick grown-up followers with a great drag and drops settings feature. It has a megamenu builder, cloud service, WooCommerce, email marketing, etc.
- Divi: It is also a website builder theme as well as a plugin with lots of design and style options, templates, responsive controls, WooCommerce, theme packs, and drag and drop options.
- Beaver Themer plus Beaver Builder: It is a well-known and one of the established WordPress themes and plugins. It does not include any flashy features, it has drag and drop, unlimited template layouts, responsive controls, and dynamic data supporting custom fields.
- Oxygen: It is a unique type of plugin that substitutes the WordPress theme entirely. It includes dynamic content, a flexbox layout engine, cleanest code, drag and drop, woocommerce, etc.
While the best theme builder plugin can be rewarded to Elementor Pro.
Features of WordPress Website Builder
Given below are the features mentioned:
- Easy to use: The website builder is considered to be more straightforward than WordPress to use. With less time for learning, one can build the website with a builder using drag and drop type simple interface.
- Flexibility: In terms of flexibility, WordPress can be said more flexible in comparison to website builders as WordPress offers many add-on plugins for the WordPress website.
- Manageability: WordPress is good for those who want to publish a lot of content and have time spending to create a beautiful design. But website builder is a tool for those who want to make their website visible on the internet soon and make a simple configuration.
With WordPress website builder, the user can create, customize and edit the web page layout easily without going through the code. This website builder feature provides a simple drag and drops option which makes the bloggers and others design the pages as per their needs.
This is a guide to WordPress Website Builder. Here we discuss the introduction, best WordPress website builders, themes, and features. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –