Updated April 18, 2023
Difference between WordPress vs Joomla vs Drupal
WordPress and Joomla, and Drupal are all three websites licensed under the GPL for open source free software. So you can download, use, and change the app free of charge. During the early first decade of the 21st Century, WordPress, Joomla, and Joomla all three CMS applications were released. Drupal was launched by Dries Buytaert in 2001, while Matt Mullenweg and Mambo team respectively published WordPress and Joomla in 2003 and 2005. Within less than twenty years, the way websites are produced has changed with these CMS technologies. CMS systems have been the ideal non-coding website platform for common users, which is easy and rapid to customize and simple to handle while being economical. In this topic, we are going to learn about WordPress vs Joomla vs Drupal.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is the most common and free CMS open source in the world. It started as a blogging site but has now substantially added functionality over the years. It is now the full platform for content management. You have to install it on a webserver to function on WordPress.
What is Joomla?
Joomla is another common CMS that allows you to create a website and different kinds of online applications for business. It works easily on most websites, as it is simple to use and an extremely detailed, free CMS tool.
What is Drupal?
Drupal is a web development open-source framework for the construction of an Internet user community and content management system. Drupal CMS can be set up from a basic blog to a repository of content used by large organizations. Drupal can control all websites with high traffic and can be tailored to almost any visual design. You can also customize root files with a variety of plugins. A big improvement to the CMS is likely.
Head to Head Comparison Between WordPress vs Joomla vs Drupal (Infographics)
Below is the Top Comparison Between WordPress vs Joomla vs Drupal:
Key Differences of WordPress vs Joomla vs Drupal
Following are the key differences between WordPress vs Joomla vs Drupal:
- WordPress is an ideal option for CMS that’s simple and quick to install. WordPress is an excellent CMS for beginners and is fast to set up, easy to customize with available in millions of different templates. Whereas Joomla is the best way to build a social media network or eCommerce shop for customers. This is Best for anyone who knows the PHP language, which is easy enough to use. On the other hand, Drupal is the system with the most resources but only suitable for professional web users and programmers.
- WordPress and Drupal Provide Excellent SEO for the website, whereas SEO techniques provided by Joomla are of basic level.
- WordPress requires a minimum memory of 60 MB; on the other hand, the minimum memory required to run Joomla is 256 MB, and for Drupal, it is 32 MB.
- WordPress supports MySQL DBMS, Joomla supports various DBMS such as MySQL, SQLServer, SQLAzure, PostgreSQL, SQLite, whereas Drupal supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite.
- Security provided by WordPress is moderate, whereas Joomla provides low security. On the other hand, Drupal is the most secure among them.
Comparison table of WordPress vs Joomla vs Drupal
Now let’s draft the comparison in the table below
|WordPress was launched by Matt Mullenwag in 2003.
|The Joomla was launched by Forked from Mambo in 2005.
|Drupal was launched by Dries Buytaert in 2001.
|Simple level of ability to learn this program
|Moderate level of ability to learn this program
|Advanced level of ability to learn this program
|This program requires a minimum memory of 60 MB
|This program requires a minimum memory of 256 MB
|This program requires a minimum memory of 32 MB
|The average update duration is 42 days.
|The medium update interval is 36 days.
|The mean update duration is 51 days.
|It is used to create insightful websites or online businesses.
|This is Use for Comprehensive Product Catalogs for creating online forums.
|This is used for Business level programs, intranet software.
|It easily handles lower traffic. It needs; however, a better traffic hosting program.
|It needs to tweak to avoid quick consumption of resources.
|Loads faster and shorter reaction times.
|Security of the wordpress is moderated.
|Security of Joomla is too low as compared to both
|Security of Drupal is Very high as compared to WordPress and Joomla
|It Provides Excellent SEO for the website
|Provides basic SEO techniques for the websites
|Drupal provides good SEO
|WordPress has an extension like widgets and plugins.
|Modules, Plugins, and Components this are the extension in the Joomla
|In the Drupal modules and blocks, the extension is present.
|The average salary of a WordPress web developer in the United States is $61,225 a year.
|Joomla Developer’s annual salary is about 76,903 dollars per developer
|Any qualified Drupal Developer has an average income of $96.067 a year in the US.
Such three platforms are undeniably today the best CMS platforms, so it would not be unnecessary to pick either one up. So in this article, we have seen various differences between WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal. You can pick anyone that actually meets your needs.
This is a guide to WordPress vs Joomla vs Drupal. Here we discuss WordPress and Joomla, and Drupal key differences with infographics and a comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –