Introduction to Trello
The Trello is defined as project management tools that is used to plan the project activities or can be used to track the project activities’ progress. The Trello tool is compatible with all types of platforms. The tool can be accessed through a computer system, mobile phones, or laptops. The tool is provided as open-source and the user can use the services free of cost. Although the tool offers the business edition version that can be used if the user wants the advanced features of a tool. The boards and lists are created in a tool for managing project tasks. And the created board can share with other team members very easily. The Trello is a type of platform that is used for organizing the user ideas by using the card, list, and boards. The Trello platform uses the Kibana board and provides a simple interface to the user for project related tasks and activities.
How does Trello Work?
The Trello platform provides the functionality to the user to create the list and cards on the Kibana board. The list contains a group of cards that contains the to-do task and help to plan the project activities. The status of the to-do item can change from in progress to completed when the user finishes the task.
The four main features of Trello application are:
- Each type of card has the color-code along-with bar. The different colors can be used for different clients that help to distinguish the users.
- Every card contains the picture of the user that is used to represent which user is participating in that particular card. The other users can give updates or feedbacks on other user cards. The card can be assigned to other users also. In the card the due date can also be attached and the color of card change to yellow when the due date is near and turn to red when the deadline missed. Every user that associated with that card get the notifications when any updates are there on the card.
- In the Trello card, the background can be made customized as per user requirements. The user can design the background or can directly upload the background. The company can change the logo on the board.
- The cards can be moved to the boards or also can be copied to other boards when the task is finished.
The steps that needs to be followed for Trello works are defined below:
- The first step in Trello boards is to create the new boards. And after that the user need to click on Create board option that presents in the drop-down list. After that the next things is to give a name to board, select the privacy level, and also background. The board created is then assigned to a team or a particular team member.
- The second step is to create a new list. The list can be made as pending or progress or some other status. The single list can be created for multiple tasks very easily. The user needs to click on add a list option for creating a new list. After that, the title needs to be given for the created list.
- The third step is to create a new card. The card can be added by clicking on adding a card option. After that, the task details are added to the card and click on the Add button. This process can be repeated if the user needs to add multiple cards.
- After that card can be assigned to a team or a particular team member. The team needs to be created first and then members are added to the team.
- The notes can be added to the card for providing additional information. The due date for the task can be attached within the card. The color of the card is changed as per the due date to notify the user about the deadline for the task.
- The color labels can be added to the card and every client can be associated with a particular color.
Advantages of Android Trello
In the below section, some of the android advantages are mentioned below:
1. Pricing Structure is Simple
The Trello application for the mobile android phones are absolutely free and user can easily download the Trello application. The application provides the functionality to add any number of users and can also create boards, lists, and cards. The Trello application also has a business version that cost $25 per month per user. In this edition, the application offers advanced features for project management activities.
2. Use of Kanban Board
The Trello platform uses the Kanban board that helps to create the cards and board and can place on the dashboard very easily. The user can track the project progress and monitor other project activities using the Kanban board.
3. Instant Notification
The Trello android application is capable of sending instant notification and alerts when any project activity is updated. Any type of activity in board is instantly sending the notification to users that are added in the group. The user is always updated by using the Trello android application. And by the application, the user never misses any deadlines. The cards that are created in board have the associated deadline and when the due date is near, the color of the card becomes yellow and if the deadline missed the color changed to red.
In the android Trello application, the user can do the multitasking and can work on multiple projects at the same time. By this functionality, different types of users can work simultaneously on different projects at the same point of time.
The Trello tool is defined as a project management tool used for managing and tracking project activities. The target audience for the tool is organizations that use this tool for managing their project activities. The tool is compatible with all types of devices and is an open-source tool.
This is a guide to What is Trello?. Here we also discuss the introduction and how does Trello work along with advantages. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –