What is Adobe Photoshop?
Photoshop contains all the information related to the image editing software launched by Adobe that includes an introduction about Photoshop, a career in Photoshop, Installing Photoshop, Plugins used in Photoshop, Shortcut keys in Photoshop, Uses of Photoshop, and many such topics intended to provide the reader with all the knowledge and skills about the image editing software with the latest posts and tutorials that are easy to learn and practice and helps in leveraging the career of budding designers and artists.
What is Photoshop Software?
This question always comes to the mind of a beginner graphics designer. After this article, you won’t worry about this question. You will get great knowledge about Photoshop software once this article ends. So let’s discuss this question.
As its name indicates, Photoshop software, photo Yes, it is editing software that works on the editing of Photos that is images and images should be a raster image. When you search about Photoshop software, you will find it with a name as Adobe Photoshop software. Actually, this software was initially developed in 1988 by two persons: Thomas and John Knoll, and later it was taken over by the Adobe systems. At present, it is maintained by the Adobe systems and is a part of the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app of Adobe Systems. You have also seen the names that are Photoshop CS software, Photoshop CS6 software, Photoshop CC software, and so on. These are nothing but just the updated versions of the Photoshop software with some new features.
In the present time, Adobe Photoshop is considered one of the best raster image editing software, and it is very user-friendly software. This software is compatible with Windows 10 and its later versions, as well as MacOS and its later versions. You can find it in many different languages that are English, Chinese, Japanese, Dutch, Polish and so on. Getting this software on your personal computer is very easy. For downloading Adobe Photoshop software, just go on the official website of Adobe Systems and search for Adobe Photoshop software in the search box of this website that is www.adobe.com. Adobe Systems offers you a free trial facility for a limited time to better understand the particular software. You can download the free version of Photoshop software from this website, and once you find this software is relevant to your work, then you can buy the full version of Photoshop software from the same website with some nominal charges. After downloading this software from the website, install it on your personal computer by following some simple steps and enjoying this software’s features.
Features of Adobe Photoshop Software
Features are the most important terms of any software. In this article, we will also have a look at the features of Adobe Photoshop software in a very interesting manner. So let us move toward the features of Photoshop software.
- We have a very pleasant user interface in this software. In its interface, we have a Tool panel at the left corner of the working area, which helps in picking up any tool very quickly in the opposite direction that is the right corner of the working area; we have the Color panel and Layer section for a quick inspection of our work at the top of the working area we have Menu bar for some setting, and below the Menu bar there is Property bar, which shows the property of active toolbar at the bottom we have Timeline panel, which takes this software into next level of editing that is, this Timeline panel allows this software for animating the raster images. These features of the interface make this software very eye-catching as well as user-friendly.
- In the tool panel section, we have many exciting tools that are Move tool, which allows easy moving of images Selection tool, which provides a wide range of freedom to select any particular section of image for manipulating that section according to our purpose most important tool is Pen Tool, which plays a major role in selection work like these tool we have many other tools in this software which makes it different from other editing software.
- The unique thing about this software is a Timeline panel. This software allows you to edit your raster images and animate their properties with a Timeline panel’s help. You can animate the image’s position, the shape of the image, feather of the images, rotation of the image and many other properties of the image according to your requirement and make your work more effective.
This software has many more other features; you will become familiar with all the features by and by once you start working with this software.
Why Do We Use Photoshop?
After having knowledge about the features of the Photoshop software, there is no means of this type of question in the context of this software because its unique features make it different from other editing software, and you become ready for using this software as your editing software.
It has one more reason, so that one can use it as its editing software, the reason is that it has very simple and easy handling tools and terms, so that one can learn it in minimum time with great perfection. After this, becoming an expert in this software will be not a big task for anyone.
Now you have great knowledge about all aspects of the Adobe Photoshop software at the end of the article, and you can use it for your professional work as well. After getting familiar with this software in this article, you can get more and more ideas of manipulating your work to cope with the real world with great impact.
This is a guide to What is Photoshop? Here we discuss the Introduction to Adobe Photoshop software along with its features and usage. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –
- How to Install Adobe Creative Cloud?
- Adobe Prelude (Uses and Advantages)
- Steps to Create Clipping Mask in Photoshop
- Smart Objects in Photoshop