Introduction to MeteorJS
- Meteors could be defined as the technology that provides a full-stack platform for creating web applications. It works best with the server and client in order to achieve it’s a feature of providing a full-stack environment. In order to implement the MeteorJS, we have to use HTML, CSS, Mongo DB, and inbuilt JS functions. Before we begin work with this, we have to make the system ready for it.
- A server is required to work with MeteorJS so your system must be capable of it which could be done by installing MeteorJS in your machine. You can download and install the MeteorJS from their official website and then you will need to run the .meteor file using the command prompt in order to start of the service so that you can actually work with MeteorJS.
Working with MeteorJS
So far we understood what a MeteorJS is and now in this section, we will see how we can work with MeteorJS or implement it. Below we will be having look on some of the images that have the code and the output so that we can get a precise view of how it works so let’s get started.
- Once the meteor is downloaded and installed. We have to run the .meteor file from where it is located which could be done following the code written in the below snap.
- We have to wait for the database and proxy is being started. Once you are all set to begin, now it turns to write your code and start implementing Meteor JS. Below is the HTML code that later has to be integrated with the JS file to being it’s functionality to the webpage.
- Once you are done with writing the code, now it turns to open the localhost and check the output. Based on the functionality that you have defined, it will perform. Below will be the outcome of these codes.
What can you do with MeteorJS?
The application developed using this technology is considered ample secure. In addition to its various lucrative features, it also lets the developer develop a full stack application which will definitely the efficient one. These are some of the usual things that could be done with MeteorJS and now in the next section, we will see some of its benefits.
Advantages of MeteorJS
- Full Stack development – MeteorJS introduces the functionality of full stack application development that enables developers to take leverage of the inbuilt classes in order to create an efficient application.
- Database integration – The application developed in the MeteorJS could be integrated with the database and the default database is Mongo DB. One can also replace the DB with whatever they are comfortable.
- Consumes less time – The very important part of using MeteorJS is, it makes the work gets completed in less time span due to the inbuilt functionality that could be used without being defined.
- Security – It is very exciting to know that the web or mobile application developed using it is ample secure and could be deployed without considering security as a primary concern.
Need and Scope in MeteorJS
The above sections make it very clear why we need it. But again to summarize it’s needed, we can say that it’s the extended version of JS with several defined functionality that makes web design and development very easy. It’s easy to use the feature, security aspect and less time consumption are the things that validate the need for MeteorJS.
4.5 (2,706 ratings)
Companies these days are looking for full stack developers who can develop the application and also integrate it with the backend. Folks with a good working idea of MeteorJS could easily get a very good opportunity with some of the reputed organizations and grow their career in the information technology industry.
Who is the right audience for learning MeteorJS technologies?
This has been a guide to What is MeteorJS. Here we discussed the Working, Scope, need, use, career growth and advantages of MeteorJS. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –