Difference between Web sockets vs Ajax:
Head To Head Comparisons Between Web sockets vs Ajax (Infographics)
Below is the top 4 difference between Web sockets vs Ajax :
Key Differences between Web sockets vs Ajax :
Both Web sockets vs Ajax are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major Difference Between Web sockets vs Ajax :
Web sockets vs Ajax Comparisons Table
Let’s look at the top Comparison between Web sockets vs Ajax –
|The basis Of Comparison Between Web sockets vs Ajax||Web Sockets||AJAX|
|Features||The distinguishing features of web sockets are as below:
|Events and Actions||When it comes to Web Socket events there are mainly four events. They are:
– Open acts as a handshake between client and server.
– Message happens when the server sends some data. Messages can be plain text messages or binary data.
– This marks the end of communication between server and client.
– When an error occurs, when a communication channel is opened then the error event occurs.
Actions- When an event is triggered there is an action which is triggered. There are mainly two main actions that take place:
Send() and close()
|Ajax also supports events and actions. The steps that happen when an event occurs are as below:
– A XMLHttpRequest object is created.
– This object is then configured.
– The object then makes an asynchronous request to the web server.
– The web server returns results which contain the XML document.
– The object calls the callback() function and processes the result.
– Once all this is done the HTML DOM is updated.
|Security||When web sockets are being used then there are few issues that may occur. These can be Denial of Service, Man in the middle, XSS, etc In order to overcome these web sockets have the mechanism of a client to server masking, security toolbox, and customized browser developer tools with specific settings.||Ajax provides security at the client side and server side. They use the same server-side security schemes which are used for regular web applications. A user can specify authentication, authorization and data protection as per client needs.
Both Web sockets vs Ajax are useful while creating web pages. When the traditional request response is required then Ajax can be used and when there is real-time communication involved and fast results are needed then web sockets can be used. The connection once established will need fewer resources than Ajax requires. Hence for applications in today’s world where real-time data is given more importance their web sockets with node js can be used for improved performances.
This has been a guide to the top difference between Web sockets vs Ajax. Here we also discuss the Web sockets vs Ajax key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –