Updated April 18, 2023
Difference Between UX Design and UI Design
The design process where user experience is supported by improving the usability and desirability of a product with the help of more interaction where all aspects of product experience with users are recorded is called User Experience Design or UX Design. Any dimension of the product is selected and parameterized for UX design. User Interface Design or UI design is the process of developing interfaces of software or the system to improve user experience in a positive manner. With enhanced UI design, users find the comfort of using a product by interacting with its interface directly.
Head-to-Head Comparison Between UX Design vs UI Design (Infographics)
Below are the top 5 differences between UX Design and UI Design:
Comparison Table of UX Design vs UI Design
|UX Design||UI Design|
|This is purely the user experience with the product that they experience while using the product. This can be the emotional feeling or the superb feeling while knowing the product that is based completely on the user.||The product or software will have a visual appearance to the user which is used by them to control the product. This interface helps users to manage the product based on their needs. This is a completely visual experience.|
|When a user gets a product, the focus will be on the look and feel the product offers along with the ease of use in aesthetics form. This is UX design where user experience in the look and product type is focused.||The complete focus of UI design is to help users in using the product. The difficulties of a user while using a new product is simplified with the help of UI design so that they can use the product with the manual provided and the interface in the product.|
|For new software, it must be adaptable to both systems and mobile phones. The screen size should be compatible with both devices. For a new product, the visual experience and the feel the product gives to the user, at first sight, is the main concern in UX design.||Efficiency in the product is improved with the interface in the product and in some products live chat is provided so that users can clear the doubts with the customer support on time. This is very important for a product to improve the user experience and comfort of using the product.|
|UX designers work with the hardware part of the product, and hence their work revolves around the product designers and analysts. Various tests should be conducted for different designs, and these test results should be analyzed to know whether it goes along with the complete product.||UI designers need not know the hardware part of the product as their job is to create the interface of the product. Hence, the knowledge of product hardware is not needed for UI designers but product working knowledge is needed so that they can create the interface.|
|Keeping up with the brand expectations is important in UX design as well, but the comparison of hardware parts takes time. Hence the visual design must be appealing to the users, and it must satisfy their visual tastes. But brand expectations depend mostly on the UI design. Graphic design is not important here, unlike UI.||While doing UI design, it is important to have the Brand name included in the interface somewhere and it should be incompetence with the other brands for the same product. As the comparison of products happens at the interface level to know the technicality of the product, it is important to follow the standards of the brand in the UI design.|
Key Differences between UX Design and UI Design
- Consider we are buying a new product which we have not used till now. Initially, the feeling we get once we have the product in our hand by seeing its visual appearance is UX design. The shape, size, color, typography, design, geometry, and all the aspects which we feel on the first look and touch are considered UX design. Now, once we start using the product, we will know about the interface. The switches, the timer, and the warning aspects are the interfaces present in any product, which is the UI design.
- It is important for a UI designer to know the design, interaction, information about the product, the motion of different switches and designs, and the brand to which the product belongs. A UI designer is also called a digital product designer. UX designer needs to know the product hardware so that they can design the aesthetic look of the product. UX designers can be called hardware designers.
- Professionals from any field can start working in UX design as it requires people from all aspects of life, such as marketing, graphic design, web design, hardware engineering, and even psychologists. This profession welcomes anyone from any field. The only requirement is that one must be open to any changes and should be ready to learn new things. UI designers cannot be from any field, as they should be professionals who know programming and web design.
- Here the focus of UI is completely on the product and how it can be improved in each usage, whereas UX focuses on the user and how they experience the product. Here marketing strategies and surveys are important to know the user and satisfy them based on their requirements.
- Now, we cannot fathom in mind that UX is the user experience of a product, and UI is the interface the product has. Now, we interact with the product using our voices without even touching the product. The interface need not be always on the screen. Similarly, UX is very important in all ways, and even if the product does not have a proper UI, it should comfort the user with its UX design.
UI and UX designs are important to know the product in a complete sense, and one design is not complete without the other. This helps users to improve their experience based on the designs provided on the website and the interface they have with the products. Both aspects are important for a user-centric product.
This is a guide to UX Design vs UI Design. Here we discuss UX Design vs UI Design key differences with infographics and comparison table, respectively. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –