Updated May 30, 2023
Top Tourist Places in Patnitop
There’s nothing more serene, beautiful, and alluring than the mountains of Jammu and Kashmir. Patnitop doesn’t disappoint, either! Lovely meadows and other panoramic views surround the area. The snow-capped mountains have a different vibe and are impossible to miss! The reading enumerates the most beautiful tourist places in Patnitop. Make sure to plan a trip to each!
Places To Visit in Patnitop
Let’s explore the adrenaline rush places in Patnitop!
Lush greenery with snow-capped mountains? A big yes! That is what Nathatop is about! Patnitop is a beautiful hill station in the Western Himalayas’ Pir Panjal Range. This place is known for its stunning natural beauty and scenic views.
People can also explore outdoor activities such as hiking, trekking, camping, and breathtaking mountains and valleys. Take scenic walks through the forests and visit nearby attractions such as the Nathatop Temple and the Gandhi Jyoti Memorial. It is a must-visit place in Jammu and Kashmir- you may also explore the local area, its rich cultural heritage, and local customs! Remember to shop!
Things to Explore: Paragliding, Skiing, and Mountain Sightseeing
Time Needed: 1-2 Hours
#2 Naag Mandir
- The Naag Mandir is a Hindu temple dedicated to Nag, or Naag, the serpent deity. And did you know? Has it been here for 300 years?
- The Naag Mandir is an important religious site for the Hindu community and a place of worship. Many tourists visit each year to learn about the Hindu faith and tradition. You can also participate in religious ceremonies and rituals at the temple!
- The stunning architecture and intricate carvings are also worth exploring! You can get a lovely and peaceful vibe surrounded by lush green forests, which offer breathtaking views of the mountains.
- You can also explore other natural wonders like Nathatop Hill, the Gandhi Jyoti Memorial, and nearby waterfalls and rivers.
#3 Billoo ki Powri
Want to explore something offbeat? It has to be the Billoo Ki Powri! This place is known for its ancient construction and has stairs carved out of the mountains.
Here, you’ll find 270 steps carved out of the mountain. Make sure to get your trekking shoes and explore the unknown and untraced! Here, the staircases are also a shortcut to the beautiful Batote town. This town was constructed by the former king of Chennai and is a sacred place to the locals.
Location: Dawariyai, Patnitop
#4 Kud Park
Kud Park is one of the best parks in Patnitop and is known for its lush green surroundings. This place also offers a beautiful view of the surrounding hills and valleys. Here, people can also explore the local communities. People also come here to picnic, take nature walks, relax, and enjoy the scenery.
This place also has a playground for children, benches, and picnic tables for visitors, and local snacks and beverages are sold at food stalls. You can also pack your binoculars and explore bird-watching. Make sure to carry out your photography sessions like a pro! Here, you can also go trekking, camping, and paragliding in the beauty of the mountains.
Location: Kud, Patnitop
- Madhatop is a scenic tourist destination and is 2,024 meters above sea level! This place is known for its breathtaking views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
- One may be able to explore the exquisite natural beauty and peaceful atmosphere. Visitors can go on long walks and nature trails, enjoy the breathtaking views from the top of the hill, or relax and enjoy the tranquil surroundings.
- Madhatop also offers many outdoor activities and attractions like trekking and camping, as well as picnic spots and local food stalls. Several temples and shrines in the area are worth visiting for those interested in spirituality and religion. Remember to capture all the moments, and plan at least two days to get the best out of place!
Things To Explore: Trekking, Sightseeing
#6 Shiva Ghar
Fan of trekking? You ought to explore this one! The Shiva Ghar Trek is an 11-kilometer hike through beautiful mountains that reach 3500 meters in elevation. Apart from the scenic beauty, this place is known as a spot for the Hindu Deity Lord Shiva. Many Bholenath devotees come and take blessings from the lord.
It is ideal for daytime trekking, and you can hire the necessary equipment. Many local shops provide equipment like oxygen concentrators and more. The trek is safe, and locals are available at each spot!
Things to Explore: Trekking
Pack your bags and visit Patnitop, a gorgeous hill station in Jammu and Kashmir!
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Tourist Places in Patnitop” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,