Introduction to Social Media Marketing Manager
The social media marketing manager plays a vital role in promoting the company’s products and services on social media. Social media marketing managers interact with the company’s new and existing customers through social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. They are responsible for developing and managing the company’s social media page.
Companies hire social media marketing managers to engage with their customers and increase their sales in the market. Social media marketing has become an ideal way to drive sales for companies. The existence of a company on social media has become necessary for a company to start a business. Around 4.55 billion people use social media; therefore, creating a social media page for a company will increase the visibility and reachability of the company’s product.
- Social media marketing managers play a crucial role in promoting companies’ products and services on social media. They are responsible for the brand’s image on social media.
- Social media marketing managers interact with customers and provide solutions for their queries, improving the brand’s loyalty. They act as the face of the company and communicate with clients and other digital firms.
- Social media marketing managers analyze the market trends and set short and long-term marketing goals for the company. They are responsible for posting quality content on the company’s social media page.
- Social media marketing managers are responsible for running effective social media campaigns. They are responsible for providing innovative and attractive campaign ideas in line with the company’s budget requirements.
- Social media marketing managers collaborate with copywriters, content creators, and other team members to produce quality content and increase website traffic.
Role of a Social Media Marketing Manager
- Social media marketing managers’ main activity is to create content such as blogs, texts, images, and videos about the company and its product or service.
- They create content based on the marketing guidelines of the company, which is suitable for the marketing trends.
- Since the consistency of posts is essential for promoting the company’s brand, the social media marketing managers schedule the social media posts using applications such as Sprout Social, Hootsuite, TweetDeck, etc.
- Social media marketing managers create and conduct marketing programs and plans for every company product. They establish communications with customers and provide solutions for customer queries.
- Social media marketing managers are responsible for developing new marketing strategies by analyzing customer data. They keep track of the market data and document the results of the marketing campaigns.
- Social media marketing managers provide long and short-term market forecasts by analyzing marketing trends. They work towards the company’s marketing requirements by organizing and managing the marketing team.
- Social media marketing managers manage the budget spent on each social media marketing post. They work as a team with other marketing staff to ensure branding consistency.
- Social media marketing managers interact with clients and business partners to run social media marketing campaigns.
Educational Qualification of Social Media Marketing Manager
- The education qualification required for a social media marketing manager is a degree in any subject.
- Any degree holder who knows how social media works can become a marketing manager.
- Few companies may prefer degree holders from media, business, and marketing domains.
- Even a candidate with a GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) or equivalent school certification with a general marketing apprenticeship can enter social media marketing.
- Candidates who have completed an internship in social media marketing have more preference when compared to other candidates.
- The first and foremost skill is communication and presentation. Social media marketing managers can also be communication managers. To shine as a social media marketing manager, you must possess good communication skills.
- You should have a vast knowledge of social media marketing.
- It would help if you were innovative about marketing strategies to promote the company’s brand.
- You should also have good analytical skills to set the company’s long-term and short-term marketing goals.
- You should possess good organizational skills to work with your colleagues for better results.
- It would help if you were a multi-tasker to work on various projects simultaneously.
- As a social media marketing manager, you must be more precise because you must work within the company’s marketing budget.
- You should be a problem solver and a decision-maker to interact with customers and provide solutions for their queries.
Entry Level Jobs
Given below are some entry level jobs:
1. Social Media Associate
- A social media associate is responsible for maintaining the client’s presence online.
- The media associate creates social media marketing campaigns and analyses the reports to increase website traffic.
2. Social Media Trainee
- The role of a social media trainee is to deliver social media campaigns for companies.
- The social media trainee increases the visibility of the companies’ websites in several search engines.
3. Social Media Assistant
- A social media assistant researches the competitor brands.
- The social media assistant drives social media campaigns to increase the company’s business.
Senior Level Jobs
Given below are some senior level jobs:
1. Digital Marketing Manager
- Digital marketing managers play a vital role in developing, managing, and implementing a company’s marketing strategies.
- The digital marketing managers are responsible for increasing the sales of the company. They work on new technologies to improve the company’s standard in digital media.
2. Content Manager
- A content manager is responsible for creating quality content with good clarity of information. The content produced by the content manager should be self-explanatory and attractive.
- The content manager plays a crucial role in creating a brand’s identity in the market.
3. Brand Manager
- A brand manager takes care of the company’s image on social media. The brand manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and organizing a brand’s marketing campaigns.
- A brand manager helps to improve the sales of a brand.
4. Manager of Communications
- The communication manager is responsible for the promotion of a brand. The communication manager’s responsibility is to promote the brand’s loyalty.
- The communication manager also manages the company’s social media page and creates quality blogs for the company.
5. Creative Director
- A creative director manages advertising and digital marketing campaigns. The creative director collaborates with copywriters, designers, sales teams, marketers, and artists to create a marketing plan.
- The creative manager’s responsibility is to run creative marketing campaigns and promote the brand’s image.
6. Account Director
- An account director is responsible for the budget of the social media campaigns. The account manager should ensure the timings of the social media campaigns.
- The account manager should manage and coordinate with the marketing team to run social media marketing campaigns.
7. Advertising Supervisor
- An advertising supervisor is responsible for paid advertising campaigns across several social media platforms.
- The advertising supervisor launches digital media campaigns and maintains reports of each campaign.
Salary for Social Media Marketing Manager
A social media marketing manager’s average salary in India ranges from 4.8 lakhs to 21 lakhs per annum. The compensation varies based on the experience of the candidates. Candidates with experience of fewer than three years may get an average salary of 4.8 lakhs per annum. Candidates with an experience of more than three years to 13 years may earn an average salary ranging from 6 lakhs to 21 lakhs per annum.
In the United States, the average salary of a social media marketing manager ranges from $58,255 per annum. The compensation varies based on the candidate’s education, additional skills, and experience in the social media marketing field.
Since social media has shrunk the world, marketing on social media is an easy way to advertise companies’ products. Social media marketing managers play a vital role in managing and promoting the companies’ brands on social media. Hence, the need for social media marketing managers increases daily, making it a great profession for the future.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Given below are the FAQs mentioned:
Q1. What does a social media marketing manager do?
Answer: The company hires social media marketing managers to promote the brand’s image of the company on social media pages. Social media marketing managers interact with customers by posting quality content on social media pages based on the company’s guidelines. The social media marketing managers collaborate with the marketing team and analyze the marketing trends to post engaging content. They play a crucial role in increasing the traffic to the company’s website and improving its business.
Q2. What is the workplace of a social media marketing manager?
Answer: Social media marketing managers’ workplaces differ based on the company’s requirements. Their job is computer-related, so they can easily manage their work from home. But some companies prefer their social media marketing manager to come to the office to collaborate with the advertising and marketing team for better outcomes of ideas and results.
Q3. What are the top skills needed to become a social media marketing manager?
Answer: The role of a social media manager is not only to promote the company, but he/she acts as a strategist, analyst, designer, and customer representative. Thus you need to have great communication skills, be creative enough to stand in the crowd, and have good analytical skills.
Q4. What does a social media marketing manager do on a daily basis?
Answer: The primary job of a social media marketing manager is to develop the content to promote the brand. The developed content should be in such a way that it drives the customers to improve sales.
This EDUCBA guide on “social media marketing manager” was helpful. For further information on the topic, EDUCBA recommends these articles –
- Social Media Marketing For Beginners
- Social Media Marketing Tools
- Social Media Retargeting
- Social Media Channels