Overview of Scrum Master Responsibilities
A Scrum is defined as a methodology in which a team works in a collaborative manner to solve a complex problem. Basically, it helps the team to organize and make changes with respect to the agile. Scrum is a widely used methodology in the market and it does wonders for the industries. Now a person who handles all the collaboration task in the team and makes the team productive by its managerial techniques is known as Scrum Master. Scrum master creates bonding in the teammates and motivates them continuously so that they keep attached to the work and the work is completed on time. The role of the scrum master is so important in the scrum methodology and he works as the binding force in the team. So agile methodology without the scrum is impossible to implement and all the responsibility is on the shoulders of scrum master. Further, we will discuss the responsibilities of the scrum master.
Eligibility and Experience of Scrum Master
A Scrum master as we discussed above is a very important person in the team who holds the team together because of its experience and tactics. As far as the eligibility and experience of the scrum master are concerned he should be well qualified and should have managerial and leadership qualities in it. Apart from that a good experience in the field of scrum methodology is also very necessary because without the knowledge of scrum a person can never become a good scrum master, so these qualities are pre-requisite for the position of scrum master. Some of the skills as required in scrum master is given below:
- Good knowledge of agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Good communication skills.
- A basic understanding of team management and quality control.
- Knowledge of soft computing and software development.
- He should familiar with the problems that may occur in the process and a good experience that how to resolve them.
Responsibilities of Scrum master
Here is the List of Responsibilities of Scrum Master given below
- Scrum Master is responsible for the proper direction to the entire team that how the work will start and what is the main agenda so that the team remains dedicating toward work and feel the responsibility.
- He should be a person of moral values and have good communication skills so that he maintain cordial relation with the teammates and influence them to give their best. A friendly environment in the team makes the employees cheerful and they stay motivated.
- He is responsible for the better quality of work and project. All the responsibility regarding the quality of the product rests with the scrum master as he is in charge of the team and it is his duty to maintain the quality of the product and also make the team quality-oriented.
- He is responsible to provide short-term goals to the team so that work shall complete on time as required. Also, goals are part of the agile methodology which said the division of work into small parts for smooth functioning.
- He acts as a liaison between the top management of the company and team workers, so whatever the information is, it is passed through the scrum master. Like in case if the management wants to alter the design of the product it passes the required information to the scrum master and then it is his responsibility to alter the design and make the team update.
- Scrum master time to time check the quality and pace of the work so that the best product will be delivered to the client/customer. This is only possible if he continually vigil over the entire team and make them alert.
- He is responsible for making daily flow charts and other data which is required by the team to execute work. Because the accuracy of data is the most important thing and this is not be left on the inexperienced team members, so all the responsibility regarding this particular important work rests with the scrum master.
- The resolution of the problems of various kinds occurring in the system or during the work is vested with the scrum master because it is necessary to resolve the problem on time without any delay to the project run smoothly without any halt, so the scrum master should have a good mind with depth knowledge of problem resolution.
- The hardest responsibility of a scrum master is to take effective work from the team because is very hard to protect the team from the outside distraction during the work, so how to manage team members, how to resolve their basic issues, and how to make them motivated all these things are managed by the scrum master, which is really an appreciable thing.
- Work with agile and scrum is not very hard but follow the methodologies is a bit difficult, so this is entirely depends on the scrum master that how to follow it and reach to the desired result, this is easy to say but, only scrum master knows that how much difficulty he faces during the execution.
A scrum master is a strategic position in the industry and an experienced and hardworking person is required for this very post. The one who is willing the pursue his career in the scrum and want to become a scrum master should firstly harness his skills in the agile and scrum methodologies and get a good experience before applying to this position. The responsibilities that we have discussed above of scrum master are only 35% of all the responsibilities that a scrum master originally carries. So the position of scrum master demands a knowledgeful, an intelligent, an experienced candidate for it. Also if we conclude with the present trend in the market the scrum master rely heavily on the computer software’s for the problem resolution instead of using their own experience this is not a good trend because mind of computer is electronic and mechanical, but a human can think emotionally as well, so they should prefer their own mind and knowledge to cater to the different problems.
This is a guide to the Scrum Master Responsibilities. Here we discuss the Responsibilities of Scrum Master with its Eligibility and Experience. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –