Introduction to Scrum Master Interview Questions
The following article provides an outline for Scrum Master Interview Questions. Scrum master is the one that facilitates a scrum, ensures that there are no obstacles while the product or deliverable being delivered and its quality is as per expectations. The scrum master acts as a mediator between the team, and if in case, any hassles are faced on the path of work and are not necessarily the team leader. The scrum master sees to it that the scrum framework is followed. It helps the team to improve. The role has also been referred to as a team facilitator or servant-leader to reflect the dual aspects.
Scrum can be defined as an agile methodology through which teams can solve complicated issues while efficiently delivering high-quality deliverables.
- Not heavy
- Tough to gain expertise over
Scrum is the opposite of a complex collection of interrelated parts that are compulsorily associated with it. Empiricism is a scientific method implemented by it. The scrum framework consists of three roles. The framework helps in the proper collaboration of team members and improves its efficiency. These three roles together form the scrum team. These three roles are the Product Owner, Scrum Master, and Development Team.
The creators of Scrum, Ken Schwaber, and Jeff Sutherland, have elaborately described Scrum precisely. Scrum has been clearly defined in this description. This definition is composed of Scrum’s roles, events, artifacts, and the rules that bind them together.
In this 2022 Scrum master Interview Questions article, we shall present the top most important and frequently used Scrum master interview questions. These questions will help students build their concepts around Scrum master and help them ace the interview.
Part 1 – Scrum Master Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic Scrum Master Interview Questions and Answers:
Q1. Name the major Hadoop components of the Hadoop cluster?
Hadoop is a framework that simplifies a large quantity of data through commodity servers. It consists of many parts.
These parts include:
- Name Node: The Master Node that relates the Data Nodes information and data storage location.
- Secondary Name Node: If the Primary Name Node faces issues, then the Secondary Name Node acts like one.
- HDFS (Hadoop Distributed File System): It manages the storage of the Hadoop cluster.
- Data Nodes: Data Nodes are also known as Slave Nodes. All the data is saved on Slave Nodes for further use.
- YARN (Yet Another Resource Negotiator): A Software framework for writing applications and processing vast amounts of data.
Q2. How is data storage planned in the Hadoop cluster?
Storage can be calculated by using the formula:
Storage is determined by the amount required to be retained.
Q3. What is the size of the default data block in Hadoop, and how is it modified?
Block size divides data into blocks and saves it on various data nodes. Block size is usually 128 MB which can be further modified.
Q4. Mention the recommendations for Sizing the Name Node?
Master Node can be set up at a very initial stage by strictly adhering to the following recommendations.
- Processors: A CPU with as many as 6-8 cores is needed for processes.
- RAM Memory: There should be a minimum of 24-96GB RAM for the data and job processing server.
- Storage: HDFS data is not saved on the Master node. 1-2 TB can be used as storage.
As the future work schedule is not easy to design, a cluster can be designed by using hardware like CPU, RAM or memory, which can be easily modified.
Q5. Name a few of the SAS products that are available in the market?
Numerous SAS products are sold in the market.
Some of them are as follows:
- Base SAS – It is a data management and reporting facility.
- SAS/STAT – It is a statistical analysis method.
- SAS/GRAPH – It is graphics methodology.
- SAS/OR – It helps in operations research.
- SAS/IML – Interactive Matrix Language.
- SAS/AF – It is an application facility interface.
- SAS/QC – It helps in quality control.
- SAS/ETS – It helps in econometric` and time series analysis.
Q6. Describe Data Step and Program Step in SAS programs?
Data Step: It retrieves data from various sources, modifies it, and includes it with data collected from other numerous sources, and makes reports. One of the procedures called “procs” uses this well-organized and prepared data.
Procedure Step: It reads the data, analyzes it, and produces a large amount of data as output, and then, subsequently, procedures to handle it.
Part 2 – Scrum Master Interview Questions and Answers (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced Scrum Master Interview Questions:
Q7. Mention the important features of SAS?
The important features of SAS are as follows:
- Data Accessing and Management
- Reporting and Graphics
- Business Solutions
Q8. Throw light on the common programming mistakes done in the SAS application?
The important mistakes committed by the SAS application are as follows:
- Unsystematic execution
- Missing Semicolon
- Missing value
Q9. Define PDV in SAS? What are its functions?
On the formation of the input buffer upon the compilation of processed data for storing the records through an external file, Program Data Vector or PDV is created. The data set is created by a memory called the PDV one at a time.
PDV is a logical memory that can perform the following functions:
- The data set is created one at a time.
- On the formation of the input buffer upon the compilation of processed data for storing the records through an external file, Program Data Vector or PDV is created.
- Then data sets are created by SAS application and are stored in the logical memory.
Q10. When are PROC MEANS and PROC FREQ used?
- PROC MEANS: It is used while dealing with a numeric variable.
- PROC FREQ: It is used while dealing with a categorical variable.
Q11. How is the replication factor changed in the Hadoop cluster?
Replication factor 3 is not a mandatory attribute. Replication factor 1 can also be set. Hadoop cluster works in Replication factor 5 too. Minimum hardware is required, and the efficiency of the cluster increases after setting up the default value. The data storage is multiplied by the replication factor upon increasing the replication factor, which would in turn, increase hardware requirement.
This has been a guide to the list Of Scrum master Interview Questions and Answers so that the candidate can crack down on these Scrum master Interview Questions easily. Here in this post, we have studied top Scrum master Interview Questions, which are often asked in interviews. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –