Updated April 10, 2023
Introduction to Robokiller for Android
An application or software in the smartphones that help to abort the calls from telemarketing teams, spam calls, and calls from the internet is called Robokiller for Android. It manages the spam calls by checking the list it has which contains millions of spam numbers. Marketing is done in a different manner with the improvement of technology and service people call the customers for feedback and to introduce new products. People want to avoid these calls and cannot speak with the service team always. This application helps in such scenarios. Also, internet calls are good to avoid as many calls are to get money from people.
How does Robokiller for Android work?
- Most of the applications nowadays require lots of client information and there are many applications due to the expanse of smartphones. Robokiller is easy to install and does not ask for lots of information. They do their task very well and clients need not know their style of working. Lots of people use this application and positive reviews help the application to be in the front of other applications.
- Robokiller was a unique application of Apple phones. Now, Android users can use the application but some features are not available in the android application. The application is getting updated and the developers promise that there are specific features for android and Apple that are not compromised otherwise. This helps the user to flexibly use the application without any malware attack on the phones. Many features are the same and some features will be specific for both. For example, the SMS blocking feature is present in Apple phones but not in Android phones.
- Users can help the Robokiller to update the contact list by providing feedback about the number. Inside the application, go to the concerned number and drop-down arrow provides all the details of the call including the time and duration. Provide feedback in the option provided and this helps to add the number to the Robokiller’s contact list. This global contact list is updated daily. Also, Robokiller blocks only those numbers in the list and the numbers users have blocked.
Uses of Robokiller for Android
- Humans need not worry about canceling the calls or of the annoying caller tunes whenever spam callers call. Robokiller uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to tackle the spam calls and most of the calls are avoided without humans even knowing about it. Sensors are used to avoid human intervention and this application helps in saving time and avoiding unwanted talks to the service desk or to spam callers. audio fingerprinting technology that uses machine learning is used so that phone does not ring for spam calls.
- Audio algorithms are used in Robokiller to protect the application with an extra layer. This helps to trace the numbers even if the numbers are not in the global list of the application. Random numbers and fake numbers are easily identified with this algorithm.
- It is a great advantage that the Robokiller application is offered free of cost at a trial period of seven days and charged after the trial period. It was previously an iPhone application and now it is offered in android as well. It works like answering bots and cancels the calls of spam callers and helps to manage the contacts very well. We can use Robokiller along with Answer bots where Robokiller kills spam calls and Answer bots answers some calls and keep the user away from the telemarketers.
Types of Robokiller for Android
Different Robokiller applications are Spam Call Blocker, Nomorobo Robocall Blocking, YouMail blocker, Hiya, Call Control Home, Truecaller, and Trapcall.
- In Spam Call Blocker, the spam calls and blocked by Robokiller and when the spam caller calls again, Answer Bots answer the calls with pre-recorded messages.
- After a ring, the call is stopped by Nomorobo, and hence the user is escaped from the spam calls. The user is not disturbed and also he knows that a call has come and it is stopped.
- Though the setup is complicated, YouMail complicates the spam callers by blocking the calls and tricking them into thinking that the phone is not in service.
- The free app, Hiya works by blocking the calls and has no ads on the page. The application is a bit slow but works best for its free service.
- Call Control Home helps to block the spam calls into the landline service and is a separate device that works with the help of smartphones. The setup is easy and the subscription is paid. And to be noted is that the customer service care is really good.
- True caller is one hell of an application with an extensive contact list. It is primarily used to identify the contacts of unknown numbers and helps to block spam callers. The contact list is updated always and helps the user to identify the caller before picking the calls. The application is free of cost.
- Trapcall works in such a way that the call is declined if the caller’s identity is not revealed. This makes the caller reveal the identity by themselves. The app is given free of cost for 1 week’s trial and then it is paid. Any calls without identity are blocked and this is a disadvantage.
When the application is configured, the user should select the contacts to allow. Or else, calls from the contacts will be blocked. The calls blocked and allowed by Robokiller can be viewed from the home screen so that if any known numbers are blocked by Robokiller, it can be added to contacts. Answer bots have recordings to answer the calls or users can record their voice to answer the spam calls.
It is not necessary that Robokiller blocks all the calls from spammers and this becomes a problem as we cannot trust the application fully. As Robokiller works perfectly in Android and Apple phones, it is difficult to uninstall and clear all the data from the application. Otherwise, the app works fine and helps the user to manage the calls.
This is a guide to Robokiller for Android. Here we discuss an introduction to Robokiller for Android along with how does it work, uses, and types. You can also go through our other related articles to learn more –