Updated May 2, 2023
Introduction to Remote Desktop Software
Remote Desktop Software is a platform that allows IT, professionals, and administrators, to remotely access client devices to solve or debug technological problems and provide support for maintenance. It has various remote access and control features without interference, multiple monitors navigation, chat or messaging, screen sharing, file sharing, etc.
Features of Remote Desktop Software
Given below are the features of Remote Desktop Software:
- Unattended Access: With this feature, you won’t have to interrupt the client to grant access whenever a client needs assistance. Instead, at any time of the day, you’ll get single-click remote access to the client’s computer.
- Multi-Session Handling: Efficiently multi-task is essential to delivering remote support of high quality. In this, Support sessions can be run at the same time.
- Multiple Window Control: When you need to provide support to many users at the same time, the ability to set up several remote desktop control windows works great.
- Auto Reboot & Reconnect: One of the essential aspects of the remote desktop tool is rebooting a remote computer and reconnecting it automatically. Clearing caches, and flushing the memory, thereby giving you the opportunity to start anew, makes the computer a comparatively clean state.
- Remote Screen Scaling: The remote screen scaling feature makes it simpler for you to operate on a remote device that has a screen resolution that is bigger or smaller than yours. With remote desktop software, it is easy to change the remote control window between multiple scaling choices depending on the screen resolution settings of the remote user or the client’s preferences.
List of Remote Desktop Software and How to Use
Given below is the list of Remote Desktop Software:
It is a widely used Remote desktop application for both online collaborations as well as remote management. It enables you to connect to several workstations remotely. This allows you to increase GPU remote control efficiency for hardware-accelerated image processing.
- It enables you to shift power from one person to another.
- Fast & safe access to remote desktops.
- It Supports Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality (AR) as well as Internet of Things (IoT) implementations.
- Allows you to drag and drop files from one system to another.
2. ISL Light Remote Desktop
ISL Light lets you safely and conveniently access remote computers and mobile devices.
- It provides maximum protection with two-factor authentication and AES 256-bit encryption.
- It is easy to use and provides several different ways to communicate.
- Automatic recording of sessions, and file transfer.
- Possibility of connecting via RDP to an unattended machine.
- Easy to use and collaborative options for customization.
3. Remote Desktop Manager
This tool enables you to control all your connections remotely on a single platform safely.
- It provides a single platform for launching and management of all remote connections.
- Allows all your passwords and credentials to be stored in a safe, unified Walnut.
- Protect connections from multiple security attacks with the help of granular access control protection.
- Allows to create a template for an effective strategy.
- Generate customized reports on the basis of particular criteria.
4. Remote Utility
Remote Utility is a free and open-source remote access tool. For automatic and unattended remote access, you can use this tool.
- It provides several tools for remote access.
- It provides Integration of Active Directory.
- It Supports laptop mode.
- It allows to establish of connections of up to 10 computers.
5. ManageEngine Remote Access Plus
Remote Access Plus is a safe and robust remote support solution for organisations that helps system administrators, and IT help desk technicians from a central location troubleshoot Windows, Linux, and Mac computers.
- It allows Endpoint access from anywhere, anytime.
- Switch easily between several monitors linked to client computers.
- Using the Quick Launch tool allows for performing administrative tasks.
For those who have started a company that needs continuous assistance from all over the world, LogMeIn is an ideal tool. It is particularly useful for locations where problems can appear at any time.
- It allows you to easily access your work and store, share and collaborate across all your devices.
- Store, transfer, and collaborate files with a single click.
- To freely communicate, you can share the screen with anyone.
RealVNC provides secure remote desktop access and support for a connected world.
- Easy and reliable remote support and access.
- Share, cooperate, train the team members, and encourage them.
- Provide an excellent on-demand helpdesk service, boosting customer loyalty.
- Helps your ecosystem securely access resources and data.
In this article, we have seen various remote desktop software along with their features. We can choose any of them based on our requirements.
This is a guide to Remote Desktop Software. Here we discuss the introduction, features, and list of remote desktop software. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –