Introduction to Phalcon Model
The phalcon model is defined as a PHP framework based on a model in MVC which is used for developing user interface programs. It is a class that creates a persistent domain model that connects database tables and business objects into one which means data and logic are wrapped into one and hence it is known for representing application data and rules for manipulating data. This Phalcon model is generally considered as a first ORM that is an implementation of object-relational mapping (ORM) which is used for developing high-performance interfaces that can interact easily with databases along with a high layer of abstraction with databases.
Working of Phalcon Model
- Firstly, the phalcon model installation requires DDL files, and phalcon model is created which is a class that extends from Phalcon\MVC\Model. Where there must be a single class in the model file that class name should have case notation.
- Then the phalcon model project or application is created using a directory structure. Where there is one root folder that is code base and is also known as a web directory.
- Once this project is created it can be seen in wamp/xamp folder which is the directory structure.
- This model then includes core interaction with a database created using WAMP, XAMPP, LAMP server with the help of phppmyadmin database tool. Then the database tables are created successfully for creating models in phalcon framework and accordingly, the controller interacts with the model and views the outputs using few commands.
- Then we can create web applications using the App folder, configurations are done using the config folder, and also consists of libraries that can be used for web application development.
- Then the user can interact with the interface using a few methods or events provided by Phalcon such as afterCreate, afterUpdate, afterSave, afterValidation, beforeCreate, beforeUpdate, beforeValidation, etc where these events are handled by the controller.
- Then the controller access the model by upgrading the user’s action and the view generates the appropriate output using this model.
- The view gets the data from this model where this model has no direct interaction with the view.
- Then the interface starts the new cycle of request and response when the user interaction starts on the interface.
Why do we need the Phalcon model? Or Usage of Phalcon model
- The phalcon model has the presence of Zipher which is a high-level programming language that can be used for developing applications based on PHP without having any knowledge of the C language.
- This model is created as it is the most used framework than any other PHP framework as this Phalcon model is an enhanced version for a web server that enlarges the execution speed with less resource utilization and the request processing is higher in Phalcon model.
- This model is used when creating a directory structure as the Phalcon model is loosely coupled we can create structures using Phalcon tools.
- It is a widely used model when it comes to database management as it is the first ORm when compared to another framework which makes the Phalcon model have high performance in database interaction which in turn represents the application data and also rule for manipulating the data which are widely used for handling database tables interaction.
- This model also provides basic CRUD functionalities with the advanced ability for relating with any other model and also is capable of finding service than any other model and also the Phalcon model provides database independence along with several methods for querying records.
- This model also provides data migration functionalities where it helps transferring data between specified storage types which is also referred to as the context of web-based applications also helps to keep track of outdated data.
- This model is also used for cookie management which uses Phalcon\Http\Response\Cookies for cookie storage that is stored while sending requests to the server.
- This also provides session management at the server-side that helps user interactions with web apps.
- This phalcon model is also used when the developer has less knowledge of SQL statements as this can translate methods dynamically to the respective database operations.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- The main advantage of using this model is that it provides the efficient memory utilization than any other PHP framework as this model takes less memory usage per request than any other PHP framework as it does not require any core files.
- This model also has an option of eradicating the need to keep the data as other frameworks use file stats and file read which makes the operations expensive and hence the phalcon model in this case is less expensive along with which also makes this model have optimized performance with enhanced efficient memory.
- This model also has more speed in executing the higher number of requests per second when compared to any other PHP framework as they complete fewer requests and hence again this makes the phalcon mode have the property such as it is faster processing model than any other frameworks as it takes very less time in completing the request where other frameworks take more time in completing the requests.
- It is easy to use and has high performance in database interaction as it is the first ORM model written in C for PHP frameworks that help many developers to perform database interaction with very ease.
- The phalcon models always need root access to the server when we are installing where another framework such as Laravel can be installed on any server.
- This model is very difficult when using this as platform level debugging model when compared to any other framework as this Phalcon model needs to go through the C program which is not that easier as many developers when using the Phalcon model have less knowledge of C language.
In this article, we conclude that Phalcon is one of the new PHP frameworks that provides faster processing requests per second and is also easy to learn and use for creating websites. This model is mainly used as a model that is base for all Phalcono applications. In this article, we saw a few uses, advantages, and disadvantages of the Phalcon model when compared to any other PHP framework.
This is a guide to Phalcon Model. Here we discuss the introduction, Working of Phalcon Model, Advantages and Disadvantages respectively. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –