Updated May 29, 2023
Introduction to Mobile Cloud Computing
Before understanding what Mobile Cloud Computing is? We should understand what cloud computing and mobile computing are because mobile cloud computing comes from the combination of mobile computing and cloud computing.
- Cloud Computing: Using the network of remote servers hosted on the internet (Virtual source) for storing, Managing, or processing data.
- Mobile Cloud Computing: As said earlier mobile cloud combination combines both Mobile computing and cloud computing. It helps the user to use the mobile application, which is hosted on a cloud computing platform.
How Mobile Cloud Computing Works?
It uses cloud technology to develop applications for mobile devices that are nothing but mobile apps for delivering mobile apps. It helps all the developers develop applications for mobile users without depending on mobile operating systems or storage. The applications can access through a mobile browser from any remote web server. With this approach, there is no dependency on installing the client applications on mobile. Generally, it is also called MCC in short.
Here we mainly use below said computing techniques:
- General-purpose computing
- Application-specific computing
The two above are mainly used to improve performance by providing virtual clones, and we have different methods in Application-specific MCC restful and elastic services.
Applications of Mobile Cloud Computing
In Mobile Computing, many applications store data in Mobile virtual commerce for e-banking and e-shopping. We are seeing many applications like mobile mail, Mobile sensing, Mobile health care, Mobile gaming, mobile social networking, Mobile commerce for banking purposes, Mobile learning, etc.
1. Mobile Email: We regularly use this in our daily activities to check mail on mobile; it is the best example.
2. Mobile Sensing: Nowadays, most of us use smartwatches, and we have an application on our mobile to connect with smart watches and track the details.
3. Mobile Healthcare: In Health care, it plays a major role. It helps access all the patient records and tracking and getting required alarms.
4. Mobile Gaming: In mobile gaming, people playing the games will interact only with the screen interface of their device.
5. Mobile Social Networking: We are using many applications regarding social networking. This mainly helps in connecting with different people and uploading videos. It not only provides storing of data but it mostly takes care of Integration and Security for data.
6. Mobile Commerce: We are in Mobile commerce for many things like e-shopping, e-banking, and e-advertising. We are using MCC here mainly because of Scalable processing power and mainly takes care of security at the time of payments.
7. Multimedia Sharing: By seeing the name, we can easily understand this helps share data from one mobile to another. Mobile users can share all types of od data. Again here, MCC helps in sharing all types of data and security.
8. Mobile Learning: Mobile learning is trading one in all smartphones. Nowadays, many schools are proposing learning through mobile. Teachers upload the materials in the applications; students can use them to prepare for exams. Not only this, students can save all the material, videos, or pictures. Here Data is scalable, and owners will request money as per the usage of the student’s or teacher’s application process.
We have more benefits because, as we said, it combines both mobile and cloud computing. Its benefit helps users with user-friendly applications and supports different development approaches.
Some of the benefits are as follows:
- Disaster recovery
- Multiple platform support
- Cost efficiency
- Data back up
- Integrated data
1. Flexibility: It allows users to access the data, allowing easy data exchange between two devices.
2. Cost Efficiency: As we’re using cloud computing, the main advantage is that you’re paying for your setup. We will only pay for the data we use. We will not get any additional charges. The only thing we need to take care of is when taking the service; first, we need to see all the services provided by the company, then get quotes for extra charges later.
3. Disaster Recovery: As we store the data in multiple locations as a backup, it helps the user access it. Once the disaster comes, it will automatically change to other servers, and users will not get any problems.
4. Multiple Platform Support: We can use any platform while using it. It supports different platforms to run the application.
5. Integrated Data: It helps the users to access the integrated data quickly and more securely. There are some considerations for mobile cloud computing Management, infrastructure, integration, and Security.
To conclude, it’s still under development with many more features, and day by day; features are increasing based on the technologies available in the market. General-purpose mobile cloud computing, which is called GPMCC. It helps in making the mobile device more important with powerful computing devices. With its help, we are making the user more comfortable by providing easy access to the data, scalable store, and security, and the user can access data from anywhere at any time. Like other technologies, it has advantages and disadvantages, but slowly it’s overcoming all the disadvantages one by one; instead of considering the disadvantages, it’s better to use the technology. This is the most used technology, or we can say trending technology.
This has been a guide to Mobile Cloud Computing. Here we discuss the working, applications, and benefits of mobile cloud computing. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –