Introduction to Microservices Interview Questions and Answers
Microservices is an architectural style pattern that is implemented in the software development process to develop applications in the form of loosely coupled components. This is a form of Service Oriented Architectural style that is being used currently to implement and develop larger complex applications in the form of small and loosely coupled components. These Microservices benefit more in the usage of DevOps, CI/CD, and Agile methodologies to deliver the fast-paced products in the current dynamic business requirements. The core component of developing the microservices is a modular pattern or form of development compared to the monolithic software systems in the olden days. Different programming languages can be used in microservices architecture to develop and integrate different types of applications. Microservices allow cross-technologically developed applications to be integrated easily.
Now, if you are looking for a job that is related to Microservices, then you need to prepare for the 2022 Microservices Interview Questions. It is true that every interview is different as per the different job profiles. Here, we have prepared the important Microservices Interview Questions and Answers, which will help you get success in your interview.
In this 2022 Microservices Interview Questions article, we shall present the 10 most important and frequently used Microservices interview questions. These questions are divided into two parts are as follows:
Part 1 – Microservices Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic Microservices Interview Questions and Answers
Q1. What are Microservices, and explain their architecture?
Microservices is an architectural pattern used in the Software Development process where it contains many small services. Each microservice further is confined only to a single business application. All these micro-services together form a bigger or complex application that fulfills the business requirement as a whole. The key design components of the Microservices are such as Flexible or Adaptable, Scalable, Loosely Coupled, Composable, Business Oriented, Componentized, Distributed, Decentralized,
Q2. What are the different features of the Microservices application?
This is the basic Microservices Interview Question asked in an interview. Please find below the different tables that are supported by Microservices are:
- Continuous Development: Continuous Integration and Continuous Development are the two main streams in Continuous development that drives the frequent releases and deployment of the applications.
- Component-based: Each and every microservice is treated as a component and can be easily be upgraded, modified or replaced with the suitable equivalent component.
- Loosely Coupled: This enables the application to be built easily and very fast, which will further help in the faster delivery of products.
- Scalability: It is easier to scale the application for the number of users.
Q3. What is the Spring Boot?
The Spring Boot is a production-grade ready application development framework being developed and maintained by Pivotal Inc as a Spring-based application. It is also used to develop standalone applications. The servers will be inside the runtime dependency libraries as embedded called embedded servers. The data source connections can be easily managed with single configuration files to connect to any type of database easily. This can be developed by using the started project by using Project Build tools such as Maven or Gradle.
Q4. What is Spring Cloud?
The Spring Cloud is a microservices architecture-based framework used to develop cloud applications and eases the maintenance, development, and deployment of cloud applications. The Cloud Services can be developed easily by using the Spring Cloud Services developed by Pivotal Inc. The microservices can be configured and connected to the Spring Cloud applications to form the Microservices architecture.
Let us move to the next Microservices Interview Question.
Q5. What are the different tools used along with the Microservices applications to ease the development process and make the design flow to be flexible?
The below tools are used along with the Microservices architecture application:
- Cloud Infrastructure
- API Gateways
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Service Discovery
Part 2 – Microservices Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced Microservices Interview Questions.
Q6. What are the advantages of Microservices architecture?
The advantages of Microservices architecture software systems are as below:
- They are Scalable.
- They are reliable.
- Easier and Flexible to develop complex applications in a shorter time.
- Flexible with multiple technologies.
- Promotes continuous development
- Fault tolerance
- Isolated components and applications
- Multi-technology stack with cross platforms and operating systems
- Independent deployment and development of components
- Secure code and applications
Q7. What are the different types of architectural tests in Microservices?
The different types of architectural tests in Microservices are as below:
- Top Level: The different types of Top Level tests come under as Acceptance Tests
- Middle Level: The different types of Middle-Level tests are as Regression Tests, performance Tests, Stress Tests etc.,
- Bottom Level: The different types of Bottom Level tests come under the category of Performance tests or Unit tests which can easily be automated.
Let us move to the next Microservices Interview Question
Q8. What are Containers, and why they are used in Microservices?
The Container is defined as the packaging of all the required components into a single package so as to make it independent of all other components or operating systems by virtualizing its runtime environment. Containers are better to be used along with Microservices to make them loosely coupled and easily available. Containers will help in making the microservices applications more scalable, loosely coupled, easily deployable and maintainable. The container will help the processes of the application to be speeded up in a shorter time. The Windows Container also contains a Hyper-V container which will function in such a way that the host container is not shared with the Hyper-V containers.
Q9. What is Docker, and how it is used along with Microservices?
This is the most asked Microservices Interview Questions in an interview. Docker is also called the process of containerization that makes the process of operating system level as virtualization. It is a computer program that is used to package and run the containers. All the Containers will sit on top of the Docker. All the containers will be run or administered by a single OS kernel which results in lightweight than the existing virtual machine-level operating system processes. Docker contains a daemon that manages all the containers in the Docker. Docker has high-level APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) to expose lightweight APIs to be used in order to run the isolated processes.
Q10. What are the uses of Docker?
The different uses or applications of Docker are as below:
- Easier and simpler configuration
- Productive and effective development techniques
- Isolated applications
- Consolidated Server features
- Easier and powerful Debugging facilities
- Rapid Application Development
- Easily manageable
- Continuous Development and Deployment
- Continuous Monitoring
This has been a guide to the list Of Microservices Interview Questions and Answers so that the candidate can crackdown these Microservices Interview Questions easily. Here in this post, we have studied top Microservices Interview Questions, which are often asked in interviews. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –
- Hibernate Interview Questions
- UI Developer Interview Questions
- IT Security Interview Questions
- Cyber Security Interview Questions