Introduction to Jira Scrum Board
Jira scrum board is the only tool that helps in uniting the teams to achieve their goals and deliver the product in the scheduled timelines. The Jira scrum board helps the company to manage the sprint releases effectively because of its simple UI option(It is very simple to use and easily we can understand). Jira scrum board will unite all the teams in the company for the simple agenda and helps the sprint release happen in time and execute the plan smoothly. The word scrum is a very popular framework for the implementation of the agile software framework.
Components of Jira Scrum Board
In every project, there will be different components. components are the subsections of the project. This helps in grouping different issues of the project and these issues will be divided into different parts. while creating a component we can assign the default assignee. Project default assignee will be different and component default assignee will be different. component default assignee will over right the project default assignee. The entire components will be handled by the admin. Admin can be project admin or Jira admin both can have the managing authority.
Once we open the UI and click on the project there will be components icon. We need to click on that and start creating the new components.
To create the component we need to fill the below fields:
- Default Assignee
- Associated Issues
Admin will have the rights to manage (add, edit and delete) the components from the components page of every project. After opening the project on the sidebar you can find the components page.
Process of Adding the New Component:
- First, we need to click on create a component and give the necessary name based on the project.
- We have an option to give the description.
- A description will help in finding the use of the particular component and we can find the description once we took the mouse to the particular component it appears as a Tooltip.
- we can also assign the lead to the particular component. Lead means who is responsible for the component.
- We can set the default assignee- Default assignee is the person who supports the project and finally click on save- Once we click on save the entire component will get saved with the given data.
Functions of Jira Scrum Board
The functions of Jira scrum board are listed below:
- Improve team focus and organization.
- Promote sprint planning and iterative development.
- Increase communication and transparency.
- Improve Team Focus and Organization: Normally teams will not remember the deadlines of the project because of their more work pressure or working simultaneously with different projects. Jira scrum board helps the team members by providing transparency to the work by segregating the work with different stages. They can easily pull the report and check the status.
- Promote Sprint Planning and Iterative Development: The min use of the scrum board is the sprint. This helps in giving a fixed amount of time to all the teams to release the product enhancements or bugs smoothly with fixed timelines. Jira scrum board is mainly designed for teams to organize the teams’ work or easy the teams work to complete in fixed timelines.
- Increase Communication and Transparency: Jira scrum board is the only tool where all the work of the teams can be accessed by the team members at any time. This increases transparency and communication among all the team members.
How to Create Project in Jira Scrum Board?
First, open the Jira application and there you will find dashboard, Projects, issues, and setting. Select the projects page and click on create a project. Here we can see all the recently viewed projects also.
Once we click on the create page new popup window will be opened and you can see heading as create a new project and please be ensure that you are selecting a template is Scrum. If you find any option like project type then select Scrum software development as the project type.
In the above screenshot template selected is scrum but please make sure that the selected template type is scrum if the scrum is not selected please click on change and then select the scrum. Once you click on the change you will find options as shown in the below screenshot.
Select the template and click on create icon then you can find the newly created project. Once you click on the newly created project you can find below fields.
- Backlog: Different types of Jira issues will be created. The product owner will get all the requirements and bugs from the end-users. We can also create newsprints.
- Active Sprints: All the active sprints will be listed here and we can open and see respective sprint based on the requirement.
- Reports: Reports will provide complete information of the project. We will be having different types of reports which can give the status of the project, etc.
- Issues and Filters
- Pages: We can create different pages based on the requirement.
- Add Item
Based on the requirement we need to use respective pages. For newsprint, we are having the option to create new sprints based on the deadlines. We can also create the components and we can assign the lead if required. We can also assign the default assignee for the components. we can add items if we have the requirement with the help of the add item page.
With the help of Jira scrum board, we can make all the teams work easier and reliable. Normally team members will be allocated with the different projects because of the more workload they cannot complete the work on time but with the help of Jira scrum board, we can divide the work into different stages. Jira scrum board helps in finding reports of different projects and can track the status.
This is a guide to Jira Scrum Board. Here we discuss how to Create projects in Jira Scrum Board along with its Components, Functions, and Fields. You can also go through our suggested articles to learn more –