Definition of Jira roadmap
Basically, we know that Jira is used to manage the entire process of a project, the roadmap is an application in Jira used to manage the entire process of a project at the team level such as planning for large work the month before epic level so we can easily estimate time and delivery date. Here the roadmap also provides the feature to handle dependency management that helps us to visualize work and work together with better efficiency. The main advantage of the Jira roadmap is if we want to track more than one team across the origination then we can implement the Jira roadmap.
What is Jira roadmap?
A task guide is an extraordinary wellspring of data framing arranging, objectives, needs, and headway made over the long run. It’s a graphical, significant level activity plan that adjusts your group and different partners around your objectives and guides out vital stages to accomplish them.
Not at all like the task plan, where subtleties typically win, the guide stays straightforward and focuses just on basics. That is actually the thing that makes a guide so important for overseeing assumptions, conveying plans, and planning assets with different groups.
Now let’s see some important key concepts in the roadmap as follows.
- Epics: Epics means large projects that we divide into small parts that we call modules into individual tasks. This task is also called child issue to the specific epics.
- Child Issues: Normally child issues we can create by using a roadmap in nested structure within the epic. In the roadmap, there are some common issues such as stories, bugs, and tasks.
- Start and due dates: In the roadmap, we can set the start and due date of epics. With the help of this key point, we can make a communication plan with different teams as well as we can also provide visibility. Another advantage is that it provides the mapping of dependency.
- View setting and Filter: Jira roadmap has by default a feature that is a filter that makes it easy to manage the view of the work details as per our requirement.
- Dependencies: Dependency on the board is basic for groups. At the point when conditions are pictured and all around planned, a group can adjust and anticipate elective ways. In Jira Software, you can without much of a stretch show the connection between sagas by planning conditions straightforwardly from the guide.
How to Set up Jira roadmap?
Now let’s see how we can set up the Jira roadmap as follows.
Jira guide is a vital apparatus for lithe groups and ought to outline both what the group is chipping away at and why. Guides in Jira empower you to interface assignments to your more extensive item technique and to arrange errands and needs founded on client input – the two of which are vital for the coordinated system.
This implies that the group can rapidly and basically access the entirety of this data. Simultaneously, the item proprietor can undoubtedly represent and legitimize course adjustments.
First, we need to enable the functionality of the roadmap so we need to select project settings, inside the setting we have a feature-> here we can enable or disable the roadmap feature as per our requirement.
After clicking on enabling the roadmap we get different options that we need to customize that option as per our requirements.
We can pick required epics to show on the roadmap utilizing the view settings, choosing between All, Complete, or Incomplete. Legends that are checked incomplete will generally be accessible to see on the guide. We can decide to remember the conditions and progress for the guide by choosing the suitable box in the view settings board. Utilizing channels you can decide to show issues and stories in explicit status classes or for explicit issue types.
We can share our roadmap: There are several options we have that we can share with stockholders as per their requirements such as who will see the plan. We can make read-only links, and HTML pages and we can also import the images, etc as shown in the following screenshot as follows.
As well as exporting spreadsheets as CSV files; we can also embed our roadmap on a cloud page.
How to Use the crate roadmap?
Now let’s see how we can use the following roadmap as follows.
After enabling the feature of the roadmap first we need to create epics as shown in the following screenshot as follows.
After that, we are also able to create the child issues inside the specific epics as per our requirement as shown in the following screenshot as follows.
In the roadmap, we can set the start and due date as per planning as shown in the following screenshot as follows.
If we need to add the dependency in the roadmap then we are also able to add a dependency.
Jira roadmap Work
Basically, a roadmap assists spry groups with characterizing their huge lumps of work and when to finish them by. It’s an ancient rarity to speak with the group, clients, and other venture partners. With guides, spry colleagues have a feeling of their excursion for the following 3-6 or even a year. By understanding this excursion, groups can more readily get their item’s development. Let’s assume we are product owners so we can define the roadmap as follows.
1. Need to define the goals of the company.
2. Need to show suite and agile that consists of customer requirements.
Finally, we can say that the roadmap provides a better chance to remind workers of the different pictures.
Jira roadmap Types
Now let’s see different types of a roadmap as follows.
- Development group: Can be made in various ways, contingent upon how the group becomes accustomed to functioning. They’re coordinated generally by runs that show explicit assignments and issues plotted on the course of events.
- Outreach group: Contain more capacities to speak with clients.
- Executives: Simple to screen data coordinated by months or quarters, and contains less insight concerning improvement cycles and errands.
- Outside clients guide: The primary objective is to show the clients what will be next with the item.
With the help of the above article, we try to learn about the JIRA roadmap. From this article, we learn basic things about the JIRA roadmap and we also see the integration of the JIRA roadmap and how we use it in the JIRA roadmap.
This is a guide to Jira roadmap. Here we discuss the Definition, What is Jira roadmap, How to Set up Jira roadmap, Examples with code implementation. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –