Definition of Jira issue collector
We know that Jira provides different types of features to the user, and an issue collector is one of the features provided by Jira. Basically, the issue collector helps us to combine the feedback form of Jira into our own website. In the Jira feedback form, we can access it with the help of the trigger tab. When customers or people visit our site they can be able to submit their feedback form by clicking the trigger tab. For accessing the Jira collector, we need to do configuration after configuration visitor does not require the Jira account they can directly submit their feedback form.
What is Jira issue collector?
The issuing authority permits you to handily insert a Jira criticism structure into your own site. This structure is regularly gotten to by clicking a ‘trigger’ tab uncovered along the edge of pages in your site. When utilized by individuals visiting your site click this trigger tab and present the subsequent Jira input structure, an issue is helpfully made in Jira. Guests to your site don’t need a client account in Jira to utilize the Jira criticism structure.
With an alleged Issue Collector, a Jira criticism structure can be inserted on your own sites. By tapping on the comparing trigger – which must be characterized and can be a source of inspiration, a button, a picture, and so on – this structure can be opened and in the wake of finishing it up, a Jira ticket (likewise called issue) can be effortlessly made. The fields of the structure can be redone and demand fundamental data, for example, the candidate’s introductory letter as a text field, their email address for notices and correspondence, document connections for resumes, work references, and so forth.
The Single Sign-On gives the likelihood to sign in clients before the genuine issue gatherer process begins. The motivation behind the Single Sign-On is to sign in clients, which ought to utilize as journalists, to make the issue on the JIRA side. The JIRA input structure won’t be stacked on your site any longer; rather you will be diverted from your site to the
(jira issue collector servlet) where the Single Sign-On cycle will be performed and the structure is called a while later.
Configure Jira issue collector
Now let’s see the configuration of the issue collector in Jira as follows.
First, we need to configure the issue collector in Jira by using the steps as follows.
- First, select a specific project that we want and go to the setting, and inside the setting select the issue collector as shown in the below screenshot.
2. Here we need to click on the Add issue collector option; if we have already created an issue then we need to click on the edit button under the action tab.
3. In the next step, we need to pass the sender’s email id to the reporter as shown in the below screenshot.
4. Now select the custom style and trigger as per our requirement as shown in the below screenshot.
5. Finally, click on the submit or update button.
The next step is to configure the plug-in settings of the issue collector as follows.
First, paste the issue collector URL from the step and save the configuration setting, for reference we can below screenshot.
Accessing Jira issue collector
Now let’s see how we can access the issue collector as follows.
- First, we need to select the setting as shown in the below screenshot.
2. Now select the issue collector form page, the collector page shows a list of all available issue collectors.
3. In the next step, we need to select the project name that we want with more information.
Now let’s see how to access the issue collector from a specific project as follows.
- First, we need to select the project and select a project setting.
- Now select the issue collector from the side navigation bar.
- Here we need to click on a specific issue collector that we want to access as shown in the below screenshot.
Adding Jira issue collector
Now let’s see how we can add an issue collector in Jira as follows.
- First, we need to select the specific project in which we want to create an issue collector. So select issue collector from project settings as shown below screenshot.
2. In the second step, we need to set everything as per our requirements. After clicking on the issue collector we need to assign a name and description as per our requirement as well we can set the default reporter for tickets. For this situation, the choice “Endeavor to match submitter email address” can be chosen, assuming that the email determined in the issuing authority matches a client in their Jira occasion, this individual will consequently be set as the “journalist” of the ticket.
3. If outside clients (for example candidates or anybody who doesn’t as of now have a record in your Jira index) ought to naturally be set as the journalists of the made ticket, awesome content and post functions must be made, which will be made sense of inside and out in a future blog entry. Assuming this component is now required, go ahead and reach us and we’ll be eager to assist you. As shown in the below screenshot.
4. In the next step, we need to select a custom trigger as shown in the below screenshot.
5. In the next step, we need to set up HTML as shown in the screenshot below.
Installing the Issue Collector on the site
For our work posts, we use WordPress Elementor But you can utilize any web designer as long as you can alter the HTML code of the page. On the off chance that you don’t approach, it is ideal to ask individuals who deal with your site for help.
With the help of the above article, we try to learn about the Jira issue collector. From this article, we learn basic things about the Jira issue collector and we also see the integration of the Jira issue collector and how we use it in the Jira issue collector.
This is a guide to Jira issue collector. Here we discuss the definition, What is the Jira issue collector, Configure Jira issue collector examples along with code implementation and output. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –