Introduction of Imagemagick Alternatives
Imagemagick alternative are those raster image editor, processor as well as converter which can use in place of it for doing same type of work with good efficiency and we go with alternative of this software for resolving some issue which we may face in this software. These issues may be of price, features, working environment, workflow and many more. You will find number of alternative of Imagemagick in market of image processing which can work same as it or better than it. I will tell you about some of its alternative such as FFMPEG, GraphicsMagick, OpenCV, Cloudinary, imagix and many others.
Top 7 Alternatives of Imagemagick
Here in this article you will have all possible information related to these alternatives for having good knowledge about them. So let us delve with them one by one.
- It is free and open source software which has large suite of libraries as well as programs that handle video, audio and other multimedia files and streams for giving you high quality of output.
- It developer was FFmpeg team who launched it on December 20, 2000 for dealing with image processing and write it in C as well as Assembly languages.
- It has its compatibility with different operating systems such as Microsoft windows, Linux and Mac OS as well and this makes it more accessible to user of different operating systems.
- It can be used on different platforms that are ARM architecture, PowerPC, MIPS architectures, SPARC, SuperH, DEC Alpha, x86 and so others.
- It is fork of ImageMagick and deals with both command line options and programming API but separated from Imagemagick after its 5.5.2 version in 2002.
- GraphicsMagick was developed by GraphicsMagick group in 2002 before 19 years ago.
- Its latest version 1.3.36 was released on December 26, 2020 and you can have it from graphicsmagick.org
- It is written in C language and you can run it on cross platforms.
- OpenCV stands for Open Source Computer Vision Library and is used as library programming functions and works on real-time computer vision.
- Original author of this software is Intel Corporation Willow Garage, Itseez and launched it on June 2000 which is 20 years ago for image processing and converting features.
- 5.1 is its stable or latest version which was released on December 22, 2020 with lots of updates features for making more compatible in it working field.
- It is cross platform software and written in C and C++ language. You can visit on opencv.org for having more information about this software or can download it also from here.
- This is a company which provides services for cloud-based image as well as for management of video. It has its headquarter in Santa Clara, California and has many branch offices in Israel, Poland, England and Singapore. It offers facilities to its user to upload, manage, store, manipulate, and deliver images as well as videos for website and apps without creating any type of disturbance during this process.
- The company was founded in 2012 and its founder was Itai Lahan, Tal Lev-Ami, Nadav Soferman.
- For having more details such system requirement, compatibility, capacity and so on, you can go through cloudinary.com or download it from here.
- It is hosted service which provides simplest and easiest way of delivering high quality of images to users as fast as possible and has its headquarter at San Francisco Bay area, West Coast, Western US.
- Founders of it were Chris Zacharias and Jeremy Larkin who launched it in May 2011 for providing smoother working environment in processing as well as deliver of images.
- It can crop, edit and resize image simply by changing their URLs.
- It can also understand as tool in the Image management as well as processing category of tech stack.
- It is image processing program and used Python programming as language. It is an open-source program which includes algorithms for geometric transformation, segmentation, color space manipulation, morphology, analysis, feature detention, filtering and many other important tasks can perform in it.
- Initially it was released on August 2009 which is 11 years ago and its original author was Stefan van der Walt who developed it as Python base image processing program.
- On May 13, 2020 it latest version was launched and named as 0.17.2 version of it. It has number of good features which can resolve issue of image processing of previous version.
- It is written in Python, Cython and C languages and has compatibility with Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux operating system also.
- Visit on scikit-image.org for downloading it or for having information related to basic requirement, necessities, capability and for other aspect of it you can also visit here.
- It is editing and manipulting platform of photos and can run on iOS, Android, Microsoft windows, and web also.
- It was developed by Aviary Inc as image editing software and it is type of freemium software that means you can use limited features of it free of cost and for some other advance features you have to make some payment offers by them.
- If you want to download it and start working with it then visit on avairy.com .
- On September 22, 2014 it was taken over by Adobe systems, and later on November 13, 2014 it integrated with suite into Creative Cloud of Adobe but on December 2018, adobe announced that it would not be their part and they would stop supporting it.
These were some of the important alternative of Imagemagick which you can use for having same type of work with a different types of output result. You can analyze them on the basis of their features.
As we told you about popular alternative of Imagemagick so that you can go with other software like this for fulfilling your requirement related to image as well as video processing. Now you have enough knowledge after going through this article to choose right one for your project work, just go and try your favorite one.
This is a guide to Imagemagick Alternatives. Here we also discuss the introduction and alternatives of imagemagick along with an explanation. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –