Hadoop developer interview Questions – Introduction
Cracking any job interview is a tedious act if you don’t consider preparation as a pre-requisite. There is no lack of information. Rather if you open your browser and type the keywords, you would get a million links to read from. But the thing is, not every one of us would take the time and invest our effort in the preparation for the job interview. Few would do. And then we will call them lucky. Wouldn’t we?
The above scenario doesn’t need to depict you. And we know you’re not among the crowd. You’re someone who takes time to prepare. Why? Simply because you’re taking the time and reading this Hadoop developer Interview Questions article and you are willing from your core to crack the Hadoop developer interview Questions. Yes, you’re at the right place. This is a comprehensive article which will give you an idea of how to proceed if theHadoop developer interview is knocking at your door.
The Hadoop developer Interview Questions article is divided into three sections. In the first section, we will try to understand what Hadoop developer is all about to get an idea if you’re new to it or if you’re asked in the Hadoop developer interview about Hadoop development in brief. The second section is the job responsibilities and skill-sets required to crack the Hadoop developer interview Questions. And the last section will offer you tips and tricks to crack the Hadoop developer interview Questions.
Let’s begin then without much ado.
What Hadoop Developer is all about?
If you’re not much aware of the Hadoop Developer Interview Questions and Answers, you must have heard about software developer. The work of Hadoop Developer is as similar as of a software developer. Hadoop Developer mainly works on coding and programming. The only difference between a software developer and a Hadoop developer is that a Hadoop developer works in Big Data domain. If you’re new to this term and want to know more, read on; you will understand what a Hadoop developer does as part of his/her job responsibilities. If you’re reading this section because you don’t know how to respond briefly to Hadoop development, this small section would help you. The rest can skip this and go to the next section.
Job responsibilities and skill-sets for a Hadoop developer
With the revolution of big data, the importance of Hadoop development cannot be overemphasized. There are many domains which demand one or more Hadoop developers for making their system tick in this most complex and dynamic times. From travel, healthcare, telecommunications to finance, advertising, life science, even government need Hadoop developers. So you can understand how demanding this profession is and how much you can explore this career.
But before going into detail about how to crack the job interview of a Hadoop developer, let’s look at Hadoop developers’ job responsibilities and skill sets required to establish them as a pro.
Job responsibilities of Hadoop developers change as per the domain of work. But the key responsibilities remain same. We would produce a list of key job responsibilities which set Hadoop developers apart from the other software developers.
- Of course, the first thing is obvious. The first and foremost job responsibilities Hadoop developers should adhere to is Hadoop development and implementation.
- The second thing a Hadoop developer has to do as part of his/her work responsibility is to load data sets which are disparate and doing the pre-processing by using Hive and Pig.
- Other than that, a Hadoop developer has to perform tasks as software developer does, but completely in different ways. S/he has to design, build, install, configure and support Hadoop and also needs to translate complex technical and functional necessities into a detailed design.
- A Hadoop developer not only designs and works on prototypes, s/he also needs to take time to analyze various data scores and find out the trends and insights out of them. This results in future prototypes and design activities.
- Another most important duty of a Hadoop developer is to take care of HBase. S/he has to manage and deploy the same.
- A Hadoop developer also maintains security and privacy of data and makes sure that the data tracking web services are scalable in the long run.
- In the end, after working on each area of design and implementation, a Hadoop developer proposes the best benchmarks for the group to follow in order to maintain quality and efficiency of designing, development, testing, and implementation.
Job responsibilities are the things that a Hadoop-developer has to do in order to serve the company and the domain s/he is working in. But for that, there are some pre-requisites which are essential for performing the task as Hadoop developer. Following are the skill-sets required to perform the job responsibilities a Hadoop developer has.
- To perform as a Hadoop developer one has to have great domain knowledge in Hadoop. Other than that s/he has also need to have expertise in OOAD, Node.js, JS, and Java. Having knowledge in the above will facilitate the work of a Hadoop development and the person performing the complex task of Hadoop would become a hero in the eyes of the company.
- The person also needs to have significant knowledge in back-end programming and s/he should be able to write proper code.
- The person who would be responsible for the development of Hadoop needs to have knowledge in MapReduce and s/he should be able to write MapReduce jobs.
- The Hadoop developer needs to have hands-on experience in Pig Latin scripts and HiveQL.
- Other than that, s/he needs to have knowledge of database structures and in related theories and principles.
- S/he needs have a willingness to learn always and needs to perform high-stressed tasks in the most complex and dynamic environment.
How to crack the Hadoop developer interview?
Now the big question – how to crack the Hadoop developer interview Questions? The big question came later in this article as we need to create a foundation of what Hadoop developer Interview questions are all about. Without creating the foundation it’s impossible to depict what you require as a Hadoop developer to perform at your highest.
Thing is if you master the previous sections (Hadoop development and the job responsibilities and skill-sets), you don’t need to do anything extra. But knowing the thing and performing, both are different ball games altogether.
Thus, in this section, we will discuss the Hadoop developer interview Questions and Answers in the most beautiful manner and some pre-requisites to perform at your best in the Hadoop-developer interviews.
- Knowledge: If we consider the job trends since 2010 about Hadoop development, there were none. People and companies were not even aware what Hadoop is all about. But if you search now about Hadoop, you would thousands of materials on the net and if you choose you can go to any software solution providers and learn the basics. What’s important in Hadoop developer interview is preparation. Yes, preparation is always very much important in all interviews. But in Hadoop, it’s much more important. Because there are many complex theories, principles, programming languages, design styles and prototypes! If you know Hadoop Interview Questions you would be able to perform significantly well. The best method to adopt if you are new to Hadoop is to take 1-3 months of time and learn the basics of Hadoop using the blessings of the internet. Even if you’re a fresher and want to work on Hadoop for the first time in a company, the company would love to have you if you have basic foundations clear in your mind.
- Application: Knowledge is not enough. Because if you know something, it would only get you so far. As a Hadoop developer, you need to perform the tasks and that’s completely applied Hadoop knowledge. Knowledge is a pre-requisite, but you need to know how to apply it. You would get software from the net which will allow you to use trial versions. Practice there. Or if you can afford to buy the software you want to work on and then practice. Thing is that the fundamentals of being best at something never change. You can pick any skill whether it’s a hard skill like Hadoop development or a soft skill like communication, you need to practice very hard to become very good. And average doesn’t crack Hadoop interviews Questions. Because know in the beginning, that it’s hard. Hadoop is complex and needs more than programming knowledge and application. You need to know Java, JS and also need hands-on experience in HiveQL. So prepare at your best with the Hadoop Interview Questions and then appear for the Hadoop interview/s.
Image source: pixabay.com
- Hone your communication: What most software and Hadoop developers ignore is communication. They feel that developing an expertise in Hadoop Interview Questions is itself a huge task and very few can do it at the optimum level. Thus they feel complacent and ignore the need to communicate well. Be honest and observe your communication skill. If you’ve previously worked on your communication, you would find that you’re pretty good at communication. But if you haven’t, it’s time to begin working on it. If you don’t want to take any course or can’t afford it as of now, simply go to youtube and search for videos on fluency in English. There are millions of teachers and trainers waiting to teach you the things you need to learn. Watch them and practice in front of the mirror. Set a deadline and keep on practicing. If you can master communication, the culmination of it with having expertise in Hadoop development will make you unstoppable. In an interview, HR will talk in English and they expect a candidate to be fluent in the same. Why not start preparing now?
- Know your domain: If you’ve gone through the article of Hadoop interview Questions till now, you would know that there are various domains which need the expertise of Hadoop developers. So, pick your domain where you would like to work and do a thorough research on the domain. How things work in the domain, the key-success-factors in the domain, who play the major roles and what would be your role in it are the key Hadoop interview questions you should ask yourself while searching for Hadoop. If you have the knowledge of the domain, it would be easier for you to have a big picture in your mind which will ultimately let you act in alignment. If you know where you stand in a company and how things work in perspective, you would be able to become a much more efficient developer than your counterparts. Most software and Hadoop developers have pixel views in mind. What they also need to keep in mind is the helicopter view. Knowing your domain well will allow you to work from both ends and to let you meet the two ends in unison. And this union will help you crack the Hadoop interviews Questions and help you reach the other side.
- Future trends: If you’re in development and technology for some time, you would know that technology changes so fast. In 2010 no-one knew what Hadoop is all about. But now, Hadoop is the hottest topic in the programming industry. It seems like every industry, every domain needs one or more Hadoop developers. Thus, it’s prudence to know where the industry is going toward, what future trends might come up and make other technology obsolete. If you are a coder and a developer who wants to stay in the market and would like to work for a long time, you need to know the possible future trends. Otherwise, even if you have mastery over Hadoop development, your skill-sets would become obsolete in years to come. And this is one of the hot Hadoop developer interview Questions. HR and technologist at reputed companies would like to know how far you’ve progressed, how you think and whether you study technology or not. Knowing the possible future trends and being in the habit of studying technology regularly will help you succeed in the Hadoop interview Questions as well as in your career in near future.
This has been a guide to Hadoop Developer Interview Questions here we have discussed the five tricks that every Hadoop developer or would-be-Hadoop-developer should keep in mind. Thing is you don’t need to prepare for the interview. All you need to do is to prepare for a great career in Hadoop development and you would definitely succeed in cracking the Hadoop interviews. If you aim for excellence, success will follow you everywhere.you may also learn more from the following articles –
- Best Guide to Office Etiquette Rules For Professionals
- Web Services Interview Questions and Answers
- TOP 4 Exciting Tips For the Interview Preparation To Remember
- Features 0f Java Web Services Interview Questions
- GitHub Interview Questions And Answer
- Selenium Interview Questions
- 15 Most Important Ruby Interview Questions
- 15 Most Successful Oracle Interview Questions