Updated September 15, 2023
Difference Between Fusion 360 vs Solidworks
- The fusion 360 and Solidworks are 2D, 3D modeling software to design objects as per requirement.
- Fusion 360 and Solidworks are software to create and animate object for the production of the elements.
- The fusion 360 and Solidworks are computer-aided drafting (CAD) tools to make visualization of any device or tool.
- The fusion 360 is a new version of computer-aided drafting (CAD) tool to make 2D and 3D advanced models of the devices.
- Solidworks is a popular version of computer-aided drafting (CAD) to easily make 2D and 3D device models.
- The fusion 360 is cloud-based software to make animated designs and visualization of the device.
- Solidworks is online or offline software to make and export 3D printing models.
Head To Head Comparison Between Fusion 360 vs Solidworks (Infographics)
Below are the top differences between Fusion 360 vs Solidworks
Key Differences Between Fusion 360 vs Solidworks
Let us discuss some of the major key differences between Fusion 360 vs Solidworks:
- The fusion 360 is based on cloud storage, and Solidworks has a choice of cloud storage.
- The Solidworks software supports online and offline functions, but the fusion 360 needs a good internet connection.
- The Solidworks software works on the windows operating system. The fusion 360 supports Windows and macOS operating systems.
- The Solidworks software provides a shortcut of the keyboard feature, whereas the fusion 360 does not provide this feature.
- The fusion 360 software provides easy user interface than the Solidworks software.
- The fusion 360 software provides a free license for students and teachers, but Solidworks does not have a free license.
Comparison Table Between Fusion 360 vs Solidworks
- The fusion 360 and Solidworks software are popular and useful software for animation, modeling, designing, and production.
- The fusion 360 and Solidworks tools are used based on comfortability, availability, and functions.
- The Solidworks and fusion 360 tools are used based on the features and product requirements.
- The Solidworks and fusion 360 comparison table shows below.
|Definition||Fusion 360 is cloud-based software to make animated designs and visualization of the device.||Solidworks is a popular version of computer-aided drafting (CAD) to make 2D and 3D device models easily.|
|Function||This CAD tool allows for 3D object printing.||This CAD tool helps to export files for 3D object printing.|
|Developers||This system was developed by “Autodesk” company.||This system was developed by the “Dassault systems” company.|
|Cloud integration||The fusion 360 is based on a cloud storage system. Data is stored in cloud memory.||Solidworks is offered cloud-based storage or computer storage. The developer chooses the data storage system.|
|Modeling tools||The fusion 360 provides a push and pull tool.
The fusion 360 provides sculpt tool.
|The Solidworks provides functional tools but does not provides sculpt tools.
The Solidworks supports simulation and analysis features.
|Assembly||The fusion 360 helps to assembled different files into one file. The fusion 360 does not support easily large and assemblies.||Solidworks based on assembly-driven software. This software allows reference of the multiple files and makes large assemblies.|
|User interface||The fusion 360 provides a simple user interface.||The Solidworks is a more difficult user interface process.|
|Operating system||This tool supports Windows and macOS operating systems.||This tool supports for windows operating system.|
|CPU Type||This software works on a 64-bit processor but does not support a 32-bit processor.||This software works on a 64-bit processor but does not support a 32-bit processor.|
|Memory||The fusion 360 is supported with a minimum of 3GB and more RAM.||The Solidworks software supports a minimum of 4GB and more RAM. This depends on computer features and software version.|
|Graphics Card||You can use 512MB GDDR RAM or more graphic cards on your computer. You cannot use 512MB Intel GMA X3100 cards.||You can use NVIDIA Quadro P600 or AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100 graphics card for entry-level.
The software works on P1000/2000 or WX 4100 for the mid-level user.
You can use P4000 or WX 5100 graphics care for a high level.
|Disk Space||The fusion 360 software required 2.5 GB of disk space.||The fusion 360 software required 2 GB of free disk space.|
|Pointing Devices||This software is supported by some pointing devices such as Microsoft-compliant mouse and Apple Mouse.||This software is supported one-pointing devices which Microsoft-compliant mouse.|
|Feature tree||The fusion 360 tool takes more space for the feature tree. You must scroll to find features in the workspace area.||The Solidworks tool takes less space for the feature tree. It is allocated and appears easily in the workspace area.|
|Accessibility||The fusion 360 provides free license software for the student and teachers.||The solid work does not have a free software version. You used software for free for a trial period.|
|Usability||The fusion 360 is used on small devices easily. Moreover, the UI and customization are easy.||The Solidworks software needs improvements to become user-friendly.
The UI and customization are difficult to handle and also outdated.
|Reliability||The fusion 360 software is based on cloud storage. Therefore, you must need the internet to use and work with software.||The Solidworks software is stores data either in a local file or in the use cloud. The internet does not require Solidworks. You may work online or offline.|
|Installation||The installation process of fusion 360 software is easy.||The installation process of Solidworks software is easy.|
|3D printing software||The fusion 360 software works with STL and OBJ files to make 3D printing.||The fusion 360 software works with STL files to make 3D printing.|
|Support||The fusion 360 software is providing an expert support system.||The Solidworks software is providing an expert support system.|
- The fusion 360 and Solidworks software support for printing, designing the product model.
- This software helps to get a visualization of the critical element and objects.
- This software reduces real manufacturing work and avoids production mistakes.
This is a guide to Fusion 360 vs Solidworks. Here we discuss the Fusion 360 vs Solidworks key differences with infographics and a comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –